1 2
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/8/13 7:15 a.m.

Bacon and egg on a Glazed Donut.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/04/04/dunkin-donuts-breakfast-sandwiches-now-featuring-donuts/

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/8/13 7:27 a.m.

I am soooo hungry right now....

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
4/8/13 7:36 a.m.

thankfully DD is at least a 20 min drive from home ...

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/8/13 7:47 a.m.

Mmmm. I need to try that.

The wife would kill me though.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/8/13 7:54 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Mmmm. I need to try that. The wife would kill me though.

If the sandwich doesn't get you first

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/8/13 8:01 a.m.

That just seems irresponsible. Where is the sausage patty? The cheese?

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
4/8/13 8:04 a.m.

I hope this doesn't get me labeled as a blasphemer, but I think bacon has jumped the shark. Just because it's the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean it has to be put on every berkeleying thing. Over the weekend, we were at a fund raiser, with several restaurants serving samples of their fare. One had bacon wrapped brownies. Bacon is good. Brownies are good. Together, though, nasty.

Bacon doughnuts? Thanks, but no.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
4/8/13 8:19 a.m.

That looks disgusting.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
4/8/13 8:20 a.m.
Sky_Render wrote: That looks disgusting.

You sound like the type of person that doesn't try all the terrible goodness that is fair food.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/8/13 8:32 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: I hope this doesn't get me labeled as a blasphemer, but I think bacon has jumped the shark. Just because it's the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean it has to be put on every berkeleying thing. Over the weekend, we were at a fund raiser, with several restaurants serving samples of their fare. One had bacon wrapped brownies. Bacon is good. Brownies are good. Together, though, nasty.

I like bacon but this whole lets put bacon on and with everything has official gone too far. But I suppose I shouldn't complain since it has helped my dad's business a lot.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
4/8/13 8:38 a.m.

I'll say it: sausage > bacon

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
4/8/13 8:51 a.m.

I just got out of the gym and that made my stomach turn.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
4/8/13 9:01 a.m.

Yeah, cause that's so much worse than a breakfast of eggs and bacon with a donut on the side to go with your coffee.

Thank god y'all weren't around when someone first put pineapple and ham on pizza.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/8/13 9:05 a.m.
Grizz wrote: Thank god y'all weren't around when someone first put pineapple and ham on pizza.

Stahp. I'm starving.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
4/8/13 9:08 a.m.
oldtin wrote: I'll say it: sausage > bacon

Amen, but not that abominable bastardization that's passed off as "sausage" sold in most stores. Real sausage only needs 5 ingredients:

Freshly ground pork (Boston Butts work well, and leave you with a nice bone for soup, sauce, or gravy)

Salt

Fennel seeds

Paprika

Crushed red pepper.

There are no quantities specified, modify for your own taste. I tend to go heavy on the fennel and CRP, and lighter on the salt. Mix together well, make into patties or stuff it into real animal intestine casings. You can hang it up to dry in a cool, dry place, too. My dad and I have been making this recipe for as long as I can recall, and his dad and he before that, and...

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
4/8/13 9:09 a.m.

Scrapple 4 lyfe

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/8/13 9:47 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: I just got out of the gym and that made my stomach turn.

I don't need anything to trigger it, my stomach was always a mess after leaving the gym. Thats why I quit going.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/8/13 9:55 a.m.

Can a Microwave "Fry" and egg?

This seems less appetizing to me than McGriddles..

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/8/13 9:59 a.m.

I here Blumpkin Donuts is a better alternative.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/8/13 9:59 a.m.

I here Blumpkin Donuts is a better alternative.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/8/13 10:26 a.m.
Grizz wrote: Scrapple 4 lyfe

Im gonna get that as a tattoo!

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
4/8/13 11:22 a.m.

My only thought on that is that the glazing makes it fail as an "on the go" breakfast sandwich - makes everything sticky when the glaze turns liquid (i.e. when the hot bacon and egg are put into the sandwich).

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
4/8/13 11:42 a.m.
nocones wrote: Can a Microwave "Fry" and egg? This seems less appetizing to me than McGriddles..

Not fry, but it does cook them. I've done it before when I was in a rush for food.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
4/8/13 11:56 a.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: I hope this doesn't get me labeled as a blasphemer, but I think bacon has jumped the shark....

I tried a maple / bacon cupcake someone made... it was BAD!

Imagine a cupcake with the background taste of bacon grease... not good.

They probably didn't make is correctly. Super de-greased bacon would have been a lot better, but would have of course lacked some of it's "baconness"

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
4/8/13 12:18 p.m.

Haha.

We were talking with my neighbor yesterday. She's a pediatrician. She complimented my wife and I for having 2 boys who are not overweight and that she sees playing outside a lot. She says she sees more and more kids with type 2 Diabetes, and recently diagnosed a child that was just 9 years old. Too many parents today feed their kids junk food and let them sit in front of the computer or television all day long.

Americans are happily killing themselves with food.

Morons.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6cqBWRa7tjkgzwkgcF8M5Pesk8UlTWi1GAlS1j6bHai3s1Vff1xHpB2KJ7djeWmU