skierd
skierd Dork
5/21/08 11:24 p.m.

Jesus Christ. :omg:

A 53-year-old man managed to drive to safety after a grizzly bear mauled his head and tossed him to the ground in the woods near Bella Coola, about 700 kilometres north of Vancouver. The attack took place on May 3 when Brent Case was on a surveying job along the rugged Central Coast area. "He came up from behind me and started gnawing at the back of my head. It just started ripping the scalp off the head," Case, who lives in Saanich, B.C., told CBC News on Friday. "The pain was so excruciating that I don't know why I didn't yell or scream, but I just said, 'I have to play dead.'" Case dropped down in the fetal position and tried to hang on, but the adult grizzly ripped into his left arm, leaving ugly wounds. Brent Case says the grizzly attacked his arms before attacking the back of his head. Brent Case says the grizzly attacked his arms before attacking the back of his head. (CBC) The bear then went for his right arm and bit through the muscle, just missing a major artery, Case said. "He's eating my gristle and he's gnawing on my head. I was saying, 'He's eating my brains. I can feel it.' I know it's happening and I said, 'God! I hope it gets over soon'" he said. "I said, 'I'm too young to die. I don't want to die,' and then he stopped." The bear suddenly seemed to have enough and pushed him into the mud, still grunting and snorting, Case said. The bear then moved off after the attack. With the grizzly only metres away, Case said he carefully made his way to his nearby truck. Drives 25 km to safety His hands were so swollen and bloody, he could barely get his keys out of his pocket, said Case, an experienced outdoorsman. "I knew that if I didn't drive and have the fortitude to control things, I was going to die." Case then drove 25 agonizing kilometres to the closest town to seek help. He finally reached a gas station and asked the attendant to call for an ambulance. "I think my brains are hanging out," he said. "I don't know what's happening here, but I'm alive. I started wiggling my fingers and toes." A local game warden later found the bear and shot at him, killing him. Case is now recovering from numerous wounds and has received plastic surgery. "I said [to the doctors], 'There's nothing hanging out that you're not telling me?' They said, 'No, you're okay.'" "They started using the peroxide and, 'Ooh,' I said, 'that hurt more than the bear!'"

the aftermath

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/21/08 11:52 p.m.

1 threat to America - BRAIN-EATING ZOMBIE BEARS!

GlennS
GlennS Reader
5/22/08 1:08 a.m.

we were warned, but did we listen?

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/22/08 1:54 a.m.

I have no idea how the text in my reply came out big.

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 Reader
5/22/08 3:01 a.m.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/08 8:39 a.m.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/22/08 8:45 a.m.
Ryan9118 wrote:

Oh my God! It's like a half man, half bear-pig!

No! It's more of a half pig, half man-bear!

No, wait! I think it's more of a half bear, half man-pig!

Still, gruesome story. I'm glad to see the guy lived. Thank God it wasn't Manbearpig.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/22/08 8:58 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
Ryan9118 wrote:
Oh my God! It's like a half man, half bear-pig! No! It's more of a half pig, half man-bear! No, wait! I think it's more of a half bear, half man-pig! Still, gruesome story. I'm glad to see the guy lived. Thank God it wasn't Manbearpig.

He's super-serial!!!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/22/08 9:13 a.m.

Bella Coola loosely translates into "Pretty much going to be lunch" in Canadian

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lk7paCVRvp4YoWCXeg1T27hiKHNF56CkI5fRZHv4nlk0yPCrJ84Sjw2rdfehNPdB