pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/21/13 8:07 a.m.

Last week or so, I took my little girl home from the hospital. She was so tiny, so perfect...it was the happiest day of my life.

Tomorrow, she gets on the bus to go to Highschool. WTF? Where did the time go?!?!?!?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
8/21/13 8:33 a.m.

Isn't it two words? "High school?"

Time doesn't slow down.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/21/13 8:37 a.m.

School years must be starting earlier and earlier. When I was a kid I don't think we started classes again until sept.

nicksta43
nicksta43 SuperDork
8/21/13 10:04 a.m.

I feel for ya man. Last night I was changing black tar diapers and Monday he starts kindergarten

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/21/13 10:09 a.m.
rebelgtp wrote: School years must be starting earlier and earlier. When I was a kid I don't think we started classes again until sept.

I think they're planning for the weather reports of Snowmagedon when it snows an inch. ZXOMGG close the schools! Stock up on coffee and sugar.

I remember going back just before Labor Day. My mom & a friend that's also a teacher started back last week already.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/21/13 10:16 a.m.

Yeah, time speeds up every year. I remember DD#1's birth like it was yesterday. Now she's just moved into her first apartment for her last year of college, and DD#2 is going to be a senior in high school...

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/21/13 10:18 a.m.

Heck when I lived in Portland it wouldn't even take an inch. There could be a light dusting of snow on the ground and they would send kids home. I remember a time in 5th grade it started snowing so they sent all the kids home. Half an hour later the sun was out and it was about 40 degrees.

Out here where I live now nothing shuts down the schools short of an honest to god blizzard.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
8/21/13 11:14 a.m.

I grew up in northeastern Ohio. Our school bus would follow the snow plow.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
8/21/13 11:29 a.m.

Depends on which part of the country you live in. Where I live now, school started this past Monday (2 days ago). Where I grew up at in California, school starts the day after labor day.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/21/13 3:22 p.m.

shoot - it seemed like yesterday my son was born and I was wandering around trying to find my way out of the hospital at 3:00am. Now he is packing up his Sentra and heading 2,100 miles across the USA to grad school at the University of CA - Irvine.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/13 3:55 p.m.

My 4th started 5th grade yesterday.

My 3rd child started HS yesterday.

My 2nd started her 3rd year of college Tuesday.

My 1st has 3 children of his own.

Thanks for reminding me how old I really am.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/21/13 6:33 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: My 4th started 5th grade yesterday. My 3rd child started HS yesterday. My 2nd started her 3rd year of college Tuesday. My 1st has 3 children of his own.

my 2nd started 5th grade this week

my 1st is starting 17th grade

you have a crazier spread than i do

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
8/21/13 6:36 p.m.

first is starting kindergarten, second just turned a year, here

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
8/21/13 6:42 p.m.

My oldest is working the night shift as a nurse in the Ortho department at City Hospital tonight. I clearly remember her laying in one of my hands the first day she was around, in the same hospital.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/21/13 7:29 p.m.

I teach in a high school. There is only one rule she needs to understand: don't talk to, date, or otherwise try to interact with any boys

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
8/21/13 8:36 p.m.
cwh wrote: I grew up in northeastern Ohio. Our school bus would follow the snow plow.

I grew up in the lake effect region of West Michigan. our school bus was "the plow"

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
8/21/13 8:40 p.m.

School started two weeks ago around here.....

College for dad started Monday.....

It's going to be a LONG year.......

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
8/21/13 8:47 p.m.

My 4th is starting kindergarten on Monday. Full day. I'll have 7 hours a day 5 days a week to kill. First time in 11 years without a child at home with me. I'm kind of freaking out.

RexSeven
RexSeven UltraDork
8/21/13 9:30 p.m.

I have no kids, but in the unlikely event I find someone willing to procreate with me I plan on cranking this old commercial every time my kids go back to school. It was my parents' favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DComGO8JYo

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/21/13 10:02 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: My 4th started 5th grade yesterday. My 3rd child started HS yesterday. My 2nd started her 3rd year of college Tuesday. My 1st has 3 children of his own.
my 2nd started 5th grade this week my 1st is starting 17th grade you have a crazier spread than i do

All I have to say about that is, "College, one at a time." I like to pretend I planned it that way on purpose.

drsmooth
drsmooth Reader
8/22/13 1:17 a.m.

Nothing makes you feel old faster, than having kids..

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/22/13 7:25 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Isn't it two words? "High school?"

Spell check says yes, the dictionary says yes, but some error in wiring in my brain is not getting the message. Thanks!

And for a spread, my other one is not quite 2 yet so I have a pretty good gap there as well.

beans
beans HalfDork
8/22/13 11:30 a.m.
RexSeven wrote: I have no kids, but in the unlikely event I find someone willing to procreate with me I plan on cranking this old commercial every time my kids go back to school. It was my parents' favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DComGO8JYo

+1

Luckily, I have not found a spawn incubation chamber, yet. Both of my nieces went into Kindergarten this week though, which makes me

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
8/22/13 12:33 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Isn't it two words? "High school?"
Spell check says yes, the dictionary says yes, but some error in wiring in my brain is not getting the message. Thanks!

My brain does the same thing.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/22/13 12:44 p.m.

None of my own.

Of Nieces and nephews, oldest is going to be a senior(and turns 18 in 2 months), after that is 10th, 7th, 6th, and 2nd.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oMFYQu1srGFQxdePR1lYwJ42z4fhNm9hbG0SsGsqubfPyYNZ7GT6c5DZYTCOtIqa