1 2
Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 1:15 p.m.

Like th3 title says I have been seeing this alot and I feel pretty dumb on the subject. Thanks guys

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/5/13 1:18 p.m.

The forum filters substitute "e36 m3" for sh-rhymes-with-it and "berkeley" for f*ck.

Back when Per set up the filters, he used the names of cars that Tim owned at the time for some of the "dirty" words.

Margie

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/5/13 1:19 p.m.

Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grassroots_Motorsports said: There are several anagrams used for common phrases in the website. YMMV means Your Mileage May Vary, or "your experience may be different than mine", SWMBO means She Who Must Be Obeyed, or "your significant other", IIRC means If I Remember Correctly. Several words are automatically filtered to keep the forum family-friendly, but they are filtered and replaced with unorthodox alternatives as follows: E36 M3: for the "S" word. Berkeley: for the "F" word. Bob Costas: for the "P" word in the context of the female anatomy. Shiny Happy Person: for the "A" word. Forum members have also developed the following slang terms: Canoe: used to label spam posts inserted by bots or other non-regular post methods. Flounder: a person or post that pushes a political ideology, but doesnt necessarily add to the thread or topic - a type of political rhetoric spam. Based loosely on the National Lampoon's Animal House character "Yeah but do all the pixels work?": Something to ask anyone who asks a "should I buy this car" or "what car" type question. Should thoroughly derail the thread. In reference to BMW's of the '90s and early '00s that had readout panels famous for losing pixels as they age.

Welcome to the monkey house

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/5/13 1:19 p.m.

*edited

Bob Costas E36 M3 berkeley shiny happy person

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 1:20 p.m.

Lol ok I got ya. I had a feeling but wasnt for sure thank you for clearing that up.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/5/13 1:23 p.m.

Can we change the word filter to make it when someone types in "Miata" it corrects it to "ghey" and if they type "gay" it changes to "Miata" ?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/5/13 1:23 p.m.

Sometimes it takes me a few reads when someone asks serious questions about the M3.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/13 1:33 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Can we change the word filter to make it when someone types in "Miata" it corrects it to "ghey" and if they type "gay" it changes to "Miata" ?

Edit: Whoa what triggers "Gay Slur?" Not "bundle of sticks"...

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 1:37 p.m.

So is I type something bad it will read as tbat? Lol cool sorry guys im amused by the little things.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/5/13 1:39 p.m.

I think gay slur is triggered by anything poopshovel posts that is longer than 3 sentences.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
11/5/13 1:49 p.m.
Rhyno wrote: So is I type something bad it will read as tbat? Lol cool sorry guys im amused by the little things.

Yes, it autocorrects. It will also inadvertently change some nonoffensive words, like p u s s y c a t becomes Bob Costascat

Klayfish
Klayfish SuperDork
11/5/13 1:55 p.m.

Berkeleying newbie.....

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 2:08 p.m.

Lol thanks guys yes im a newb. I was trying to figure out how to post pics but I guess you have to have a photo bucket and like stuart commented on my thing how do you do that? Then I think ill be set on how to do this maybe lol

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
11/5/13 2:19 p.m.

In reply to Rhyno:

Quote reply this and you should see how the img src tags work Its also relevant to this thread

Rhyno
Rhyno New Reader
11/5/13 2:23 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Rhyno: Quote reply this and you should see how the img src tags work Its also relevant to this thread

Oh I think I got it lol. Thanks again I feel a little dumb to these forum thkngs but ill learn.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
11/5/13 2:26 p.m.

I came into this thread with a "Who's got their panties bunched up now?" attitude, and was amused to find out that it was not an irritated user.

(Oh, and welcome aboard)

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/5/13 2:26 p.m.
Rhyno wrote: Lol thanks guys yes im a newb. I was trying to figure out how to post pics but I guess you have to have a photo bucket and like stuart commented on my thing how do you do that? Then I think ill be set on how to do this maybe lol

If you just want quick and easy image hosting with no account, use imgur.com or minus.com

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/5/13 2:34 p.m.
Rhyno wrote: Oh I think I got it lol. Thanks again I feel a little dumb to these forum thkngs but ill learn.

Slow down there, some things are best learned slowly as to not overload the system.

Dan

Jaxmadine
Jaxmadine HalfDork
11/5/13 2:57 p.m.

What happened to per anyways? Found out he moved or something at the last autox.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/5/13 3:01 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
Rhyno wrote: Oh I think I got it lol. Thanks again I feel a little dumb to these forum thkngs but ill learn.
Slow down there, some things are best learned slowly as to not overload the system. Dan

turboswede
11/5/13 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Jaxmadine:

Took other jerb, we no longer speak of the one true Per Bear for fear of the concrete mixer....

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/5/13 3:52 p.m.
Jaxmadine wrote: What happened to per anyways? Found out he moved or something at the last autox.

~ a yr. ago ….

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
11/5/13 3:53 p.m.
turboswede wrote: In reply to Jaxmadine: Took other jerb, we no longer speak of the one true Per Bear for fear of the concrete mixer....

He moved to the frozen north to work cold hours in a garage restoring an old 911...

turboswede
11/5/13 3:59 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

I said we don't speak of... IT

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/5/13 4:35 p.m.

berkeley E36 M3 Bob Costas shiny happy person vajajay

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners