David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/5/23 10:28 p.m.

They had me at Death Angel, Testament and Suicidal Tendencies, but also Danzig, Lamb of God, Megadeth, Exodus, Overkill, etc.? Blue Ridge Rock Fest coming up this September. Might have to request a press pass. :) 

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
7/6/23 9:06 a.m.

Problem, to me, is that there's only a few bands I want to see on many of these fests....and it's always on different days.

ex: Acacia Strain on Friday, Megadeth on Saturday, and Lamb on Sunday.

Plus, for a metal/rock fest - a lot of rap stuff. And Juggalos lol

David S. Wallens
7/6/23 9:19 a.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass :

I saw ICP on there. I once saw Hed PE open for Suicidal Tendencies. Is that similar? 

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
7/6/23 1:56 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I saw ICP on there.

Whoop Whoop!

Dang, that lineup is Wakken Open Air level:
https://blueridgerockfest.com/lineup/

Bunch of bands I'd want to see like Pantera, Stabbing Westward, Megadeth, Cypress Hill, Blue October, and even ICP.

David S. Wallens
7/6/23 4:58 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

Did you see the lineup for PowerTrip Live? Maiden, Tool, Metallica. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/7/23 1:45 p.m.

That is a very odd lineup. Some really great bands, and some of my least favorites of all time, all in one place. 

That Power Trip one looks awesome, but it really should have the band Power Trip on the bill! They aren't in the same league as this group of legends, but they still rip nonetheless. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
7/7/23 2:51 p.m.

Suicidal Tendencies is still around?  I haven't heard anything from them since "Institutionalized."  What was that, nineteen hundred eighty-three?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/23 5:45 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I saw ICP on there. I once saw Hed PE open for Suicidal Tendencies. Is that similar? 

Now there's a name from the past.

David S. Wallens
7/8/23 3:59 p.m.
1988RedT2 said:

Suicidal Tendencies is still around?  I haven't heard anything from them since "Institutionalized."  What was that, nineteen hundred eighty-three?

Still around. Aside from Mike Muir and Dean Pleasants, band members have regularly rotated through. Ben Weinman, from Dillinger Escape Plan, is playing guitar for them, I think. Dave Lombardo was recently on drums. 

David S. Wallens
7/8/23 4:00 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
David S. Wallens said:

Now there's a name from the past.

Totally proud of myself for pulling that name out of thin air. The venue was the Club at Firestone in Orlando. Good room. Saw GWAR, D.R.I. and some other good bands there. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9lUsygyjnAvKCJG2RJHyEaNskxow1zG7SYSLk17vCmtn7MgC9Ob3S90hQVwjZVNN