1 ... 10 11 12
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
10/10/24 5:28 p.m.

I haven't seen it in person yet, but word is that my house is fine, new shop is fine, back garage (the shop you see in my project cars and videos) is flooded. Will be home soon to see what exactly that means, but it doesn't sound catastrophic (a few inches of water).  On the bright side, the race cars, Porsche, David's M3 and this week's press car were all safe and sound in the new shop. All I have at home is a Trooper, which won't care if it's parked in a few inches of water. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/10/24 5:32 p.m.

Called the arborist, and he picked up right away: Be there tomorrow.

My wife has her Big Green Egg going.

Might indulge in a drink tonight as it’s been a stressful couple of days.

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/10/24 6:09 p.m.
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/10/24 6:52 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/10/24 7:01 p.m.

Not to stir a hornet's nest but this is the stuff I hate.

St. Johns County Sheriff's Office

LOOK AT THIS! These two photos are of E Deep Creek Blvd and Ashley Street in Hastings. But.. the left photo was taken yesterday, and the right, taken today after Hurricane Milton’s impact. The road is impassible. Several portions of St. Johns County are impacted by severe flooding today. #HurricaneMilton

What they don't say is there's a creek right behind them where the road dead ends.  Now how is the road impassible if they were able to drive to that location?

No Time
No Time UberDork
10/10/24 7:50 p.m.

Sorry for the FB link, but here's a report from my dad's neighborhood in Bradenton. 

Bradenton news clip

David S. Wallens
10/10/24 8:06 p.m.

We ate and now we listen to the din of generators. 

David S. Wallens
10/10/24 8:09 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Early today I got the word from our neighbors: Publix is open!

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
10/10/24 8:15 p.m.

The bridges to the beach's opened up at 5 today so my wife and I went to check in on my parents. They don't have power but they are all set with gas and a generator, we tried to get them to come to our house but they want to stay at home. 
On the way there and back home we saw more flooding than I have ever seen around here before. One of our friends is flooded into their neighborhood and tons of houses are underwater. It is so sad to see and I hope they are all okay and are able to rebuild. 

David S. Wallens
10/10/24 8:21 p.m.

I saw some reports of flooding in the Daytona area but didn’t realize it was that widespread. 

David S. Wallens
10/10/24 8:24 p.m.

(Actually, now seeing reports of the Daytona flooding on the News-Journal site.)

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
10/10/24 9:17 p.m.
Stampie said:

Not to stir a hornet's nest but this is the stuff I hate.

St. Johns County Sheriff's Office

LOOK AT THIS! These two photos are of E Deep Creek Blvd and Ashley Street in Hastings. But.. the left photo was taken yesterday, and the right, taken today after Hurricane Milton’s impact. The road is impassible. Several portions of St. Johns County are impacted by severe flooding today. #HurricaneMilton

What they don't say is there's a creek right behind them where the road dead ends.  Now how is the road impassible if they were able to drive to that location?

Now I'm not a local, but it sure looks to me that they are looking south down E Deep Creek Blvd from the intersection with Ashley Street with the (high clearance) truck facing west.   The gate on the right in the photo is Labeled #1 in the Google map I attached. The mirror on the truck shows the road behind the truck (Ashley) to be pretty dry, which would be the way they got to E Deep Creek Blvd (from the east), and the creek itself would be in front of the truck (west), or to the right in the photo's perspective.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
10/10/24 9:22 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Zoomed out a bit-

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
10/10/24 9:26 p.m.

Pics coming out of Ft Pierce are bad.

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners