1 ... 6 7 8
VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/9/24 4:36 p.m.

Hurricane Milton 4:15 PM EDT

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/9/24 4:43 p.m.

It's pretty impressive from the satellite view.  Gona be a long night...

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/9/24 4:46 p.m.

We have gone from wet, to windy and wet. I'm debating on going outside and playing RC cars. My one crawler is waterproof. 

VolvoHeretic
10/9/24 4:51 p.m.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/9/24 5:05 p.m.

I am sitting in Collingwood with my 90 year old mom sharing a nice red wine.  She did not want to leave her retirement community. I would be pacing the room with worry if we had not got her to get on the plane. Her retirement community near racetrack road was evacuated.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/9/24 5:13 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Yeah, I did think about entry. I can fwt back in. My buddy thinks my house will be gone and only my front door will be standing lol. 

VolvoHeretic

Hurricane Milton 4:45 PM EDT. My radar weather seems to have a 15 minute delay.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Yeah, I did think about entry. I can fwt back in. My buddy thinks my house will be gone and only my front door will be standing lol. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/9/24 5:26 p.m.

In reply to jgrewe :

I need 10% royalties and a chocolate fountain. 

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
10/9/24 5:41 p.m.

Wind and rain starting to pick up here in eastern Volusia county. I went on a walk in a break from the weather to check on the pond that caused the flooding during Ian. Looks like the pump is working and so far we are in good shape, tons more weather to get through before we are in the clear. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/9/24 5:49 p.m.

Lost power once, and it came back. I'm less amused.y a/c is down to 68* and I'm freezing my ass off right now, but I'll be nice and chilly tonight. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/9/24 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Chris Tropea :

Yeah, I'm in Deland, noted some wind picking up. It looks like the entire Peninsula is going to get tropical storm force winds.

VolvoHeretic
10/9/24 5:52 p.m.

Hurricane Milton 5:15 PM EST Good luck Sarasota and Tampa.

VolvoHeretic
10/9/24 6:18 p.m.

I wanted to make a GIF out of these images but I keep messing up and none of them are scaled or lined up to the next. I bet Fort Myers is getting a heck of a storm serge.

Hurricane Milton 6:00 PM EST 

Coniglio Rampante
Coniglio Rampante Reader
10/9/24 6:33 p.m.

Thanks for the updates, images, opinions, and other general information.  I have a sister in Oldsmar near Old Tampa Bay.  Hopefully the decision to stay won't be her last.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
10/9/24 6:35 p.m.
DrBoost said:

In reply to Greg Voth :

What about unrepaired damage that the insurance company has done nothing about, and therefore hasn't been repaired?
we were supposed to have arbitration last week, but Helene changed that. 

Sorry for the delay.  Gearing up for our folks to head to Tampa after just getting back from Perry.   

Depends on the situation and their position.  Are they acknowledging that it was damaged at all?  Is that damage covered?   Versus if there is a dispute on if complete replacement vs repair.   If it hasn't been paid for at all and is damaged again or worse in theory it would be evaluated in the new claim.  

You probably still have my email from before so feel free to call.  

VolvoHeretic
10/9/24 7:00 p.m.

Hurricane Milton 6:30 PM EST 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
10/9/24 7:01 p.m.

All is calm here, not even raining.  A few hours ago a strong band passed through with heavy rain and winds maybe 40mph.  Of course we're still 8+ hours from when the eye is supposed to go over us.

VolvoHeretic
10/9/24 7:04 p.m.

Hurricane Milton 6:45 PM EST 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
10/9/24 7:20 p.m.

Solid info is a little sparse right now, but it sounds like a tornado touched down less than a mile from my family's condo, only a few hundred feet from where they used to live.   Damaged a beachfront condo, ripped the roof off a bank, and destroyed another building.  Very glad they evacuated.  Stay safe out there.  City of Cocoa Beach is also reporting some flooding and some power lines down.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tVWHnM2ashEdnPhlD9hQL9J5nBEoVLmrhuecTscgnKkuGn7nfZnFhlkzm1ujyuS8