1 2
DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
9/25/12 1:59 p.m.

It's never easy to say goodbye to a dear friend. My condolences.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
9/25/12 3:06 p.m.

I shed a tear man. Looks like a sweet little dude.

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/12 5:44 p.m.

Thanks very much to everybody for the well-wishes.

We sent Theo on his way this morning, and it sucked (though it went as smoothly and peacefully as it could, and we had a mercifully calm and relaxed morning, and he had enough appetite to put down a bunch of salmon). But we also knew it was time, and had no doubts about it. That helps, knowing that there was nothing left for him here that didn't suck.

And my condolences and sympathies as appropriate to everybody who has, is, and will go through this sort of thing.

I'm often slow to post in threads like this, because I feel that although the GRM board is a community, I don't really know people super-well as individuals. I just wanted to add that it really has helped, and I really, really appreciate the kind posts.

Cheers, Ransom

Will
Will Dork
9/25/12 7:51 p.m.

Sorry to hear it.

I came back from vacation two Christmases ago to find one of my cats, Lois, half her normal size, and in pretty bad shape. The vet discovered her kidneys are failing, and it's something that will eventually do her in. At the time, the vet said she might have 6 months--that was 18 months ago. To keep her going, I have to give her an IV drip twice a week, and another 2 shots, but she's worth it. Look at her today, and you wouldn't know there's a thing wrong with her. But I dread the day her condition finally does catch up with her.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V5kKmkg8f629kZr19mk7rzmr0LbcOoIDLsoskCYkbvIGk9EtNu5VpqyZyxfGNKh9