confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/23/08 2:48 p.m.

We had an outdoor barbecue on this beautiful Friday afternoon. Now we get to go home early (a surprise).

That is all.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/23/08 3:02 p.m.

We are working at a much reduced rate.

We just came up with a new "code word"

Our technicians are notorius for taking breaks on the "crapier" and reading (the paper, mags etc.) Guerilla Warfare is the art of sneaking into the bathroom and dropping a SBD (if possible) and gassing them out of the hole.

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
5/24/08 8:55 a.m.

You got a BBQ? The owner of my company told us we suck at a company Christmas meeting.

redbonechkn
redbonechkn New Reader
5/24/08 5:14 p.m.

We grilled the other day and the boss told us to move the grill so the shop wouldn't smell like burgers:whatthe:

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
5/24/08 5:28 p.m.

My dealership BBQs for us every saturday (mainly for the techs). This is awesome.....but....we have an incompitent griller. With many Rolex 24 Hours, Sebring 12 Hours, and grill-outs at my house I've had to take over for because my dad gets way to hammered, I've got plenty of grilling experince, yet they won't let me do it b/c I'm a tech...

I got a burger today that was burnt on the outside, pink on the inside, I threw it back at the dude grilling.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
5/24/08 5:38 p.m.

My boss is an ass (self employed :grin:) -im working monday. :evil:

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
5/24/08 6:13 p.m.

My outfit feeds us every Saturday. I had a meatball sub today. :nice: The Mercedes dealer fed us STEAK on the Friday before a holiday and yes your family was welcome. :cool:

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
5/24/08 9:14 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: My boss is an ass (self employed :grin:) -im working monday. :evil:

Hey I resemble that remark

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
5/24/08 10:05 p.m.

At my job they have a cheap grill, and cook hot dogs and stuff. They're supposed to be for the customers, but the sales guys and techs usually snap most of them up. I usually end up grilling. I had to fix the damn thing today in preparation for the summer. If anyone needs a propane grill fixed, I'm now an expert!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/24/08 10:14 p.m.
porksboy wrote: My outfit feeds us every Saturday. I had a meatball sub today. :nice: The Mercedes dealer fed us STEAK on the Friday before a holiday and yes your family was welcome. :cool:

Dang, my family didn't get the word.

Um, my outfit doesn't buy us food unless we have an after-hours meeting that is mandatory. :twisted: And we haven't even had one of those in a while.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/08 9:11 a.m.

we don't do anything like that.. and when we do, my department winds up doing all the work to prep it (except for the actual grilling)

However, I do get to work in a pool enviroment half the time with very nicely shaped young ladies who wear bikinis as their uniform

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
5/26/08 8:26 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: My boss is an ass (self employed :grin:) -im working monday. :evil:

same here, but being a wagon jobber, there were no suppliers open today so I got the day off. crappy thing is it was without pay :( worse thing is, I didn't finish building the bed, dam circular saw motor started to smoke.

Jack
Jack SuperDork
5/26/08 10:36 p.m.

We got out at 2 on Friday.

jib

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LZ6dxVjwm56Vba6FIuxDgIIy8MxcTFcY31TiExjTlXm3BlpHKe4YeLxSpMj4G98T