1 2 3 4
Matt B
Matt B Reader
6/21/10 9:27 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: I think GA is a decent car with a busted radiator. It's pretty nice when it's not overheating.

Agreed.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
6/21/10 9:39 a.m.

FL: conversion van—only fit for old people and pedophiles.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
6/21/10 9:52 a.m.

IL: 59 impala - long and flat for the most part, but kinda interesting in some of the details.

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
6/21/10 9:55 a.m.
stan wrote:
DrBoost wrote: Ohio is a Toyota Corolla. It's the most boring car every built and nobody actually wants to be in one.
You weren't specific enough: Like Corollas, some parts are GTS and some are automatics with hubcaps.. I like the GTS parts -great DDs and inexpensive fun. The rest -zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I was thinking V6 Accord sedan...scarlet outside with gray leather interior....solid, reliable...maybe a little rust around the edges...sunroof for good days...all seasons for the bad.

RossD
RossD Dork
6/21/10 10:03 a.m.

Wisconsin would have to be a pickup truck from one of the big three. Or a grand am/g6

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
6/21/10 10:16 a.m.

Arizona would be a 1990's bug (original style):

It likes to think it's European, but it's really mostly Mexican...

BaBammm!!

Thank you, I'll be here all night...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/10 10:34 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: Michigan is a Yugo because like the Yugo, Michigan doesn't work. (I think Michigans unemployment rate is at about 112% or something right now).

I disagree.

Michigan is like a Volkswagen. Often broken, full of morons and regardless of how much of a value it is to get in you will be paying for it the rest of your life.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
6/21/10 10:38 a.m.
Woody wrote: New York? Easy: Yellow Caprice Classic taxi with no hubcaps. 860,000 miles. Needs an air freshener.

Upstate NY should be a P71 with its lights flashing

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
6/21/10 10:45 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Indiana is a beat to crap base model 1g automatic SOHC Neon.

I was thinking a beat to crap '93 F150, but yours is pretty much on the money too.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
6/21/10 10:48 a.m.
Jay wrote:
JoeyM wrote: FL is a pickup with big mudding tires
...and truck nuts!

just couldn't bring it into FL with out getting yanked by the local cops...

although I did see someone who had VERY large nuts (as in screws onto a threaded bolt) dangling from a chain... I honestly thought that one was fairly clever :)

but I don't think a truck represents FL very well... but i'm going to have to think on this one :)

MitchellC
MitchellC Dork
6/21/10 11:09 a.m.

FL: C5 Corvette convertible, automatic. It has the appearance of flash, yet ultimately it's rougher than the exterior suggests.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/10 11:16 a.m.

Colorado would be a Subaru wagon or a Toyota pickup. No real reason other than it's what Coloradoans have chosen to represent themselves!

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/21/10 11:20 a.m.
TJ wrote:
racerdave600 wrote: Alabama - IROC Z (with optional mullet wearing driver) or maybe a an '85 Chevy Truck
As long as the truck is red. This state is the capital of red trucks...gotta have a roll tide roll sticker or a Bear Bryant hat sticker on it. I think about 40-45% of all trucks around here are red.

Or if they aren't a Alabama fan, there is mandatory Auburn sticker.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Reader
6/21/10 12:04 p.m.

Vermont: Subaru Forester, champagne color.

We need AWD for the snow. Storage for the active lifestyle. And a Forester to represent the rapidly expanding homosexual population (lesbians love Foresters).

PHeller
PHeller Dork
6/21/10 12:12 p.m.

Montana is a Chevy pickup. Dirty, beat up, and barely runs but happy with how things are.

triumph5
triumph5 New Reader
6/21/10 12:34 p.m.

Ct. A Cadillac Blackwood (the short-lived PU) whose driver doesn't know the frame is just about rotted through. but the chrome is shiny!

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/21/10 12:46 p.m.
donalson wrote:
Jay wrote:
JoeyM wrote: FL is a pickup with big mudding tires
...and truck nuts!
just couldn't bring it into FL with out getting yanked by the local cops... although I did see someone who had VERY large nuts (as in screws onto a threaded bolt) dangling from a chain... I honestly thought that one was fairly clever :) but I don't think a truck represents FL very well... but i'm going to have to think on this one :)

OK, maybe not all the state, but a mudding pickup (truck nuts and all) represents polk county rather nicely.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/21/10 1:07 p.m.

SC is a half million mile 1974 Chevy pickup with all the paint beaten off, blown out glasspacks, an AM radio, one working headlight and a gun rack in the rear glass but the owner stuck a Mercedes star on the hood so it will look classy. Or so he thinks.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/21/10 1:54 p.m.

CA is a Prius and that makes me sad

slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
6/21/10 2:19 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
6/21/10 3:05 p.m.

Illinois = Lancia. Fun and quirky when it works, now a rusted, broken entity created by a defunct manufacturer.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
6/21/10 3:15 p.m.

Every post so far has been excellent. Once or twice I've started something on here and it has not worked....but this time. I grew up in Pa. and thought the Dairy truck and/or pickup truck was "spot on".

I'm moving to Fl. in the near future (maybe?) and thought that the pickup with mudders was one of 2 images I have of the state...wait, make it 3. The other 2? A Chrysler Sebring convertible rental.....and a borderline clapped-out "Big 3" giganto sedan (driven by someone looking days out of the grave).

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
6/21/10 3:25 p.m.

BTW, I liked the contribution from 1 of our overseas "readers"....I didn't want to give the impression I was excluding anyone from this, but since most of my overseas travel was done more than 25 years ago, I wasn't sure I could relate.

I'm also surprised by the consensus of opinion.....very few folks disagreeing on choices. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, that means cars are so alike nowadays.

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/21/10 3:45 p.m.
triumph5 wrote: Ct. A Lincoln Blackwood (the short-lived PU) whose driver doesn't know the frame is just about rotted through. but the chrome is shiny!

FTFY

Buzz Killington
Buzz Killington Reader
6/21/10 3:49 p.m.
Woody wrote:
914Driver wrote: Boy, I can't think of anything for New York. Maybe something Italian, you know; high maintenence, high cost, lots of down time, pretty in the eye of few beholders. British car? If it ain't broke, it will be. Costs way too much to go too slow. Wally, bail me out here.
New York? Easy: Yellow Caprice Classic taxi with no hubcaps. 860,000 miles. Needs an air freshener.

so explain how that is like the state of New York. the fact that there are a lot of them in NY doesn't count.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xs5fZKto09YJS5DEuZw6A7QNw9irok1zItoc7BinHMrUIAm1oK0DO68kI0KwxFLR