1 2 3
Nis14
Nis14 New Reader
9/28/08 10:12 p.m.

So I'm getting my first tattoo. There's a quote I read somewhere, but I can't identify it. Wondering if you guys have heard it...

"Those who refuse to chase their dreams, are doomed to reality"

If anyone knows, please chime in...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/28/08 11:39 p.m.

Alfred Eisenstein?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
9/28/08 11:42 p.m.

Google can't find that. Interesting...

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/08 6:09 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: Alfred Eisenstein?

nice.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
9/29/08 6:52 a.m.

Geniuseses don't have time for speling.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
9/29/08 7:12 a.m.

What are getting ?

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
9/29/08 10:15 a.m.

Where are you getting such a tattoo? As an owner of two, I am always interested in tattoos...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/08 10:22 a.m.
Nis14 wrote: So I'm getting my first tattoo. There's a quote I read somewhere, but I can't identify it. Wondering if you guys have heard it... "Those who refuse to chase their dreams, are doomed to reality" If anyone knows, please chime in...

That sounds like something Walt Disney would have said.

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
9/29/08 10:27 a.m.

I'm the only person you know that has one on his _____ .

It says "Joe's"

But when aroused, it says "Joe's bar delictessan and grille"

1348 State street

Schenectady, New York

542-567-0897

We Deliver

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
9/29/08 10:36 a.m.

Dude, the only cool tattoo is a TAZ tattoo. Maybe with your Greek letters, and "Party On!" written underneath.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/29/08 11:09 a.m.

"I'm getting a tattoo... but I don't remember who said this quote? "

That usually goes: "I got this tattoo,... but I don't remember anything at all about getting it. It just showed up one morning with a really big headache."

walterj
walterj HalfDork
9/29/08 11:22 a.m.

I think it was Hitler or Big Ghey Al from South Park.

beaulieu
beaulieu New Reader
9/29/08 11:37 a.m.

tattoos are so old,,,,

how many people that have them really wish they never did ,

and yes I am an old fart !

EastCoastMojo
9/29/08 11:39 a.m.

I have one and I only wish I had been in prison long enough to get it completed.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/29/08 11:49 a.m.

Tattoo: Permanent Reminder of a Temporary Feeling - Jimmy Buffett

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
9/29/08 11:52 a.m.

No one ever says, "I really regret not having gotten that tattoo."

[I'm just jumping on the give-you-flak bandwagon ]

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/08 12:12 p.m.

"Yeah but I don't know anybody named Ruby!"

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/29/08 1:20 p.m.
beaulieu wrote: tattoos are so old,,,, how many people that have them really wish they never did , and yes I am an old fart !

I think nekkid wimmen are beautiful.

That's my favorite thing in the whole wide world.

So why do some women insist on ruining the whole thing with the 'tramp stamp' across the back?

I guess I'm an old fart, too.

EastCoastMojo
9/29/08 1:26 p.m.
Jensenman wrote:
beaulieu wrote: tattoos are so old,,,, how many people that have them really wish they never did , and yes I am an old fart !
I think nekkid wimmen are beautiful. That's my favorite thing in the whole wide world. So why do some women insist on ruining the whole thing with the 'tramp stamp' across the back? I guess I'm an old fart, too.

[clarkson voice] That's my favorite thing. In the wuuuurrrllld. [/clarkson voice]

beaulieu
beaulieu New Reader
9/29/08 1:33 p.m.

"So why do some women insist on ruining the whole thing with the 'tramp stamp' across the back? "

Mommy were you a tramp when you were young :)

914Driver
914Driver HalfDork
9/29/08 2:35 p.m.

Someday you will visit a blue haired old lady in a nursing home, and you can check her tribal tats.

Oy....

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/29/08 2:38 p.m.

I thought that having a tattoo removal laser would be a really good practice side-line in a few years. All those tramp-stamps are going to be regretted and offering a laser removal is going to be big business. And, it's all cash/credit card, no insurance to screw you over. Only drawback is that the machines are like a hundred large, give or take. Anyone want to buy me a machine?

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/29/08 3:12 p.m.
beaulieu wrote: "So why do some women insist on ruining the whole thing with the 'tramp stamp' across the back? " Mommy were you a tramp when you were young :)

The video: http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/dad250/?action=view&current=5ad498fa.flv

"From Pretty Lady to Pretty Sad" and "Not the only reminder of that crazy weekend in Jamaca"

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/29/08 4:48 p.m.

I have always held that Tattoos should represent who you are, not a feeling that just comes as a whim. Think about a design that you want, hold on to it, and if you still want it in a year or 2, then get it.

if it represents something that you are very involved in or an extension of your personality then you can get it without regretting it later.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker SuperDork
9/29/08 5:15 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: So why do some women insist on ruining the whole thing with the 'tramp stamp' across the back?

I just always thought that it was a...... eh n/m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fjQdoSwaS44a2ycGCcfAUfGHTd0koBcV8o2EQg5kmREmLFofMCz2CzNlvsV6sFSx