1 2
Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
10/26/09 11:11 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Coffee mug so he didn't spill....

.... anything while he was stirring it with his wingwang. Hot coffee couldn't be any worse than hot bacon grease.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
10/26/09 11:12 a.m.

and as we all know, the only thing that compares to bacon grease is...

scardeal
scardeal New Reader
10/26/09 11:27 a.m.

This makes me want to walk around my house naked even more.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/09 11:28 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: If you read the follow up story it says the woman is the wife of a police officer and they are canvasing the neighborhood with fliers looking for anyone else who might have seen him naked.

Ah, there ya go. She's part of the "laws don't apply to me" class of people. This class includes celebrities, politicians, and local law enforcement in their own locality.

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
10/26/09 11:50 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:
nicksta43 wrote: If you read the follow up story it says the woman is the wife of a police officer and they are canvasing the neighborhood with fliers looking for anyone else who might have seen him naked.
Ah, there ya go. She's part of the "laws don't apply to me" class of people. This class includes celebrities, politicians, and local law enforcement in their own locality.

The follow-up story has changed the time-line and reports the incident occurred at 8:30AM, not 5:30AM.

The man still claims it was dark at the time, but sunrise in NOVA is about 7:30AM.

Something doesn't add up.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/26/09 11:58 a.m.

After sunrise, it would be a lot more difficult to see into the window, though, because it would be brighter outside than inside.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
10/26/09 12:14 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: After sunrise, it would be a lot more difficult to see into the window, though, because it would be brighter outside than inside.

So maybe she DID have her nose pressed up to the glass.

The fliers and canvassing is just a CYA. Now it's imperative that they find someone else who's upset about the whole thing or else they are going down big time in the courts. I think it's funny that they are running scared.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/09 12:18 p.m.

In our park we had an officer called because while someone was GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF HIS FRIDGE AT 3:30 AM you could see him "naked" through his curtains.

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
10/26/09 12:23 p.m.
John Brown wrote: In our park we had an officer called because while someone was GETTING SOMETHING OUT OF HIS FRIDGE AT 3:30 AM you could see him "naked" through his curtains.

It doesn't count, though, when Mrs Brown calls the cops on Mr Brown...

Joey

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/09 1:21 p.m.

That was one time, and she did admit her coffee needed stirred.

WilD
WilD Reader
10/26/09 1:50 p.m.

If you look in someone's windows, what you see is your problem, not theirs. News flash: people are occasionally naked in their own homes. There isn't anything wrong with that.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/26/09 2:31 p.m.

People in glass houses shouldn't walk around nekkid, everyone else can do what the hell they want.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/26/09 2:45 p.m.

In The Fan in Richmond, Va a lot of people live in older homes. This is an urban area consisting of houses with no yards right up against the sidewalk and then street. Since these homes were built pre-air conditioning they have HOOG freaking windows. You can't walk down a sidewalk without inadvertently looking into some people's homes. Granted, I haven't seen anyone naked in one yet...but it's only a matter of time.

Hell, I had the front door open one day with the glass front storm door being the only thing between my house and the world. When She Who Is A Secret Exhibitionist forgot and walked in front of it. An arrestable offense? Where's Bill3Esquire when we need free legal advice?

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
10/26/09 4:20 p.m.

I'm here, I've just been lurking. It's been too long since law school for me to really remember, but I'm pretty sure indecent exposure includes an intent or reckless requirement. That means that the accused would have to either intend to expose himself or willfully disregard the chance of doing so.

Thus, in the original article it would turn on whether he was being "reckless" about whether someone could see him. If the Peeping Thomasina had to go out of her way to see (as it sounds), probably no offense. OTOH, if the perp was doing jumping jacks au natural in an open street-facing bay window, he'll probably be registering as a sex offender in the near future.

On Xceler8x's hypo, probably no offense committed. It's tough to make recklessness on those facts. Of course we have a saying: "you can beat the rap but not the ride." The meaning is that you can get arrested for any sort of nonsense, even if you're ultimately acquitted.

Disclaimer: This isn't legal advice, merely a general statement of what I might have thought the law was at some point during my sordid past. Furthermore, nobody on this thread has an attorney client relationship with me, and if you think you do, you're nuts. If any of you get arrested for indecent exposure because of anything I've said or not said, I promise not to point and laugh, but that's about it. If you try to sue me for malpractice, I'll have Dr. Hess or one of his minions deliver a Big Box Store Poof(TM). YMMV; some cars not for use with some sets; past performance is no indication of future results.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/26/09 9:41 p.m.

I'm walking naked through every senior center in town because Billy said I could and he's a lawyer.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/26/09 10:03 p.m.
MitchellC wrote: I'm walking naked through every senior center in town because Billy said I could and he's a lawyer.

Well you are definitely getting your moneys worth!

924guy
924guy Dork
10/27/09 6:01 a.m.

hmm, if this happened in Florida naked dude could of shot the woman for trespassing and avoided all this crusading...

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
10/27/09 6:16 a.m.

I hope he gets at least an apology and maybe a few bucks to go along with and then maybe we can look into her snow white past and drag her thru the mud. When are people going to learn to mind there own business??

zoomx2
zoomx2 Reader
10/27/09 7:23 a.m.
f86sabjf wrote: maybe we can look into her snow white past

Snow White is HOT!!!! Those dwarves are so lucky......

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/28/09 12:53 p.m.

I wonder if he could charge the policeman's wife with being a peeping tom(asina). She cut through his yard and looked at him naked through a window before sunrise...just sayin'...

Jake
Jake HalfDork
10/30/09 12:47 p.m.
billy3esq wrote: Disclaimer: This isn't legal advice, merely a general statement of what I might have thought the law was at some point during my sordid past. Furthermore, nobody on this thread has an attorney client relationship with me, and if you think you do, you're nuts. If any of you get arrested for indecent exposure because of anything I've said or not said, I promise not to point and laugh, but that's about it. If you try to sue me for malpractice, I'll have Dr. Hess or one of his minions deliver a Big Box Store Poof(TM). YMMV; some cars not for use with some sets; past performance is no indication of future results.

Best disclaimer ever. :lol:

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/30/09 12:52 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Thankfully he was making coffee and not frying bacon.

Sorry for the visual, but i've fried bacon naked. It's NOT pleasant. Unless you have some really strange fetishes.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/30/09 1:24 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote:
Sorry for the visual, but i've fried bacon naked. It's NOT pleasant. Unless you have some really strange fetishes.

TMITTM dude

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/30/09 1:27 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
93celicaGT2 wrote:
TMITTM dude

Ah.. we'll.. let's just say "half-naked" because the same thing applies. I was shirtless, how's bout that?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ct0IeOmZCf5TesGBmSJVZK4iv2escbg2WIiKOpJF4mY3Gr9C3HxJOu80m44wDfeu