1 2
frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
11/8/22 2:26 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
Appleseed said:

Besides the (usually) nice weather, why the berk do people live in California?

Mountians. Ocean.  The largest and most profitable manufacturing economy in America?  

California is a 3 trillion dollar economy.  And by itself would be the 5Th biggest economy in the world.  
   While there are some bad places.  There is the best weather in the country. More days of sunshine than any place else in America.   
San Diego is a real garden of Eden. Plus national parks and places that everyone finds absolutely awesome.  Biggest, oldest trees. 
  Places like Monterey  and California Highway one.  
     50% of the Jaguars in America are sold in California. Plus Porsche,  Ferrari, and most higher end sports cars are found in California.     

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
11/8/22 2:33 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I was on the fence until you told me about the Jaguar sales.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/22 3:07 p.m.
RX Reven' said:
Appleseed said:

Besides the (usually) nice weather, why the berk do people live in California?

That is mind boggling and also recursive.

California is also a HUGE state.  California extends further north than the southernmost point in Canada.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
11/12/22 11:54 a.m.
dculberson said:

Distilled water is $1.19/gallon at my local Kroger right now. 

While the theory of wildly spiking distilled water prices has already been largely debunked, I did this very day purchase a gallon of distilled water at my local Kroger for exactly $1.19.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/12/22 4:16 p.m.

Debunked?  So I am imagining lack of inventory in multiple place and the insane prices I have seen?  It may not be a national thing (thus my question) but there is clearly something going on locally at least, which I still don't have an explanation for, or even a good guess.

To be clear, the price in the picture above is likely not for the distilled water pictured, but I can assure you the one gallon jug I did find right next to it was $3.50, and I have bought DW there many times before for around $1.

(update):  Just checked another Target and they where stocked.  There was (is?) still something going on, otherwise that grocery store would not have cranked up the price.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
muoRTwgAPmAH6vTcSbEy7G8QKH119w0KvsUOnX7j1645oKSOQKw0LWLNPgfvTSuq