1 2 3
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/13 12:31 p.m.

Notice the patio on the right...don't break the rules.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/12/13 12:37 p.m.
Enyar wrote: I present the GRM Clubhouse...all we need are flags made out of Felpro headgaskets.

I call dibs on top bunk...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/12/13 12:40 p.m.

We are The Ministry of Budget Automotive Enthusiasts.

(edit: I saw a t-shirt once that said something like "Abandoned car search and rescue" but now I can't find it, dangit.)

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/12/13 12:45 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
Enyar wrote: I present the GRM Clubhouse...all we need are flags made out of Felpro headgaskets.

Can't decide if I want a room near the fire escape or the tornado shelter.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
3/12/13 12:51 p.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:

pick the bed closest to the liquor cabinet, that way youll be too drunk to care

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/12/13 12:52 p.m.

I'd say pick the poolside one. If there's a fire or tornado, just jump in

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/12/13 12:52 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: GRM car club? After reading the article in CM about car clubs, I would definitely sign up.

I don't know if they'd try it again or not. Awhile back, they tried to launch a confederation for smaller car clubs ("Council of Motorsport Clubs", IIRC). I was talking to Margie about it at the Mitty one year, she said it was a pretty miserable experience.

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
3/12/13 8:30 p.m.

more like a cult than a club- we even have our own E36 M3ty berkeleying language and make fun of Bob Costas every chance we can..

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
3/12/13 8:34 p.m.

If it is our clubhouse we need to add lots of Quonset hut garages to keep the projects dry.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/12/13 9:22 p.m.

Yeah, our clubhouse needs at least one inflatable concrete building, we could make it the mess hall.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/12/13 10:29 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Magazines can have clubs. When I was a kid I was in Club Homeboy, which was part of the BMX Action / Freestylin' world. So there's that.

I remember that!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
3/12/13 10:30 p.m.

I think it is a bit more like a gang.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
3/12/13 10:53 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I think it is a bit more like a gang.

The Bloods are Red
The Cripts are Blue
We are more of a grease stained white t-shirt.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
3/12/13 11:17 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote:
SVreX wrote: I think it is a bit more like a gang.
The Bloods are Red The Cripts are Blue We are more of a grease stained white GRM t-shirt.

The local gang heads have black ones. They wear them to hide the grease and look a little more professional when they shake down a potential seller for the rock bottom price.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
3/12/13 11:30 p.m.

The Paved Church of the Holy Cone.

I usually refer to the Board as the one with the "car guys".

Maybe "Family"...as in "our thing" ?

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/13/13 5:46 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Do you consider this a car club? Or just a cult of creative cheap-asses?

cult. The hard thing to explain to people is that the majority of stuff here does not involve cars

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
3/13/13 6:44 a.m.

Similar to plans I've seen for the Back 40....

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
3/13/13 6:45 a.m.

I consider you guys family, but not friends, cause anyone that would have me for a friend.........

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/13/13 8:31 a.m.

I always refer to it as our online community. Saw Slefain at Amelia, and noticed his friend seemed a bit confused when we explained the connection, then immediately launched into a hearty round of gossip about people we'd technically never met. (And speaking of seeing Slefain, it's always nice to put faces to names, but I reject his chosen pronunciation... I've come too far with "sleh-fain" to ever consider switching to "S. Lefain," sorry.)

Margie

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/13/13 9:05 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:

If the neighbors got riled up, we could always trim some weeds and gussy the place up
http://io9.com/the-greatest-homes-made-from-shipping-containers-around-453393451

RossD
RossD UberDork
3/13/13 9:13 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:

What are you talking about? There are liquor cabinets next to every bed! This is a trailer park after all!

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition HalfDork
3/13/13 10:49 a.m.

Noooooooo!!

Don't ruin it by making it a club!

Then we'd have to elect officers, 20% of the people would do all the work, not enough people would show up for meetings, we'd have arguments about whether we should do more driving events or tech sessions, someone would complain about how we don't have enough younger people to keep the club going, etc., etc.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/13/13 11:13 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: I’m not sure about a club, but my wife’s response is normaly ‘of course, GRM, the fountain of all knowledge’ whenever I bring up the forum.

Whenever something breaks at the house, my wife says, "Did you ask your buddies how to fix it yet?"

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/13/13 1:15 p.m.
Basil Exposition wrote: Noooooooo!! Don't ruin it by making it a club! Then we'd have to elect officers, 20% of the people would do all the work, not enough people would show up for meetings, we'd have arguments about whether we should do more driving events

....or run order, or allow annual tech, or street tires, or pit bikes, or......Oh, never mind. Those are our issues. Your club may have different ones.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/13/13 1:29 p.m.

Club, support group, gang... I call this place "Home".

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
d5VNv4R0E2NtuDiOvKQ8LHBdj8Pqo9SO5cTjK8KjTgmeicuqDt2h0T7fgEMhRwGv