1 2 3 4 5
SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
12/2/09 4:54 p.m.

It just makes the speaker or typist in this case look stupid. A trailer is nether happy nor is it a sexual being so you look like a moron when you call something gay that isn't.

I also have to wonder if things would be better if "gay" didn't have a negative connotation, gay youth have the highest rate of suicide of any group.

How about we say it looks kinda Pontiac Aztec!

carzan
carzan Reader
12/2/09 9:20 p.m.
SupraWes wrote: It just makes the speaker or typist in this case look stupid. A trailer is nether happy nor is it a sexual being so you look like a moron when you call something gay that isn't. I also have to wonder if things would be better if "gay" didn't have a negative connotation, gay youth have the highest rate of suicide of any group. How about we say it looks kinda Pontiac Aztec!

Seriously? He apologized two pages ago. Personally, I find your post with the name calling more offensive than his original post.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/2/09 9:42 p.m.

Dang! The latent tendencies in this thread aren't all that latent, are they? Homophobes never seem to learn..

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro HalfDork
12/2/09 11:06 p.m.
SupraWes wrote: It just makes the speaker or typist in this case look stupid. A trailer is nether happy nor is it a sexual being so you look like a moron when you call something gay that isn't. I also have to wonder if things would be better if "gay" didn't have a negative connotation, gay youth have the highest rate of suicide of any group. How about we say it looks kinda Pontiac Aztec!

Thanks Wes, this was just getting fun again.

Shawn

4eyes
4eyes Reader
12/3/09 2:49 p.m.

Someone should take all this PC crap, wad it into a tite ball and PIITB!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/3/09 5:49 p.m.
4eyes wrote: Someone should take all this PC crap, wad it into a tite ball and PIITB!

Tight is spelled wrong.

PIITB isn't family friendly or car related.

I'm just saying....

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/3/09 6:18 p.m.

Calling visually impaired people by disparaging names offends me and my eyeglass wearing friends.

Adopting such an insulting moniker as a screen name only adds salt to the wound.

4eyes
4eyes Reader
12/3/09 6:41 p.m.

MMMmmmm salt!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
12/3/09 7:08 p.m.
Natalia Onatopp said: Why can't you just die?
James Bond said: You first.
geomiata
geomiata Reader
12/3/09 7:14 p.m.

I have lol'd more in this thread than I have in any other thread. I think what the op meant was the trailer looks like a pansy. Which many heteros would link to the "flamboyants" who dress up in the above parade pics. Who might call hemselves gay. Speaking of which where are all the hetro pride parades?

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
12/3/09 9:08 p.m.

St. Patrick's Day parades are pretty much Hetro Pride Parades. Drinkin', fightin', cussin'.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/09 2:14 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: St. Patrick's Day parades are pretty much Hetro Pride Parades. Drinkin', fightin', cussin'.

Explain the men in shirts

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
12/4/09 4:35 a.m.

Most of the guys wear shirts. It's still kind of cold in March in Chicago. Oh, wait...those shirts...

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/09 7:27 a.m.
Wally wrote:
Appleseed wrote: St. Patrick's Day parades are pretty much Hetro Pride Parades. Drinkin', fightin', cussin'.

Sorry, should have read guys in skirts. What a difference a litter can make.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/4/09 7:51 a.m.
Wally wrote:
Wally wrote:
Sorry, should have read guys in skirts. What a difference a litter can make.

What could possibly more manly that taking a crap wherever you want without so much as having to even drop drawers?

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/4/09 9:26 a.m.

As a Scot, I feel compelled to take this oppurtunity to remind you that St. Paddy's Day is an Irish diversion composed primarily of hooligans and green ale, whereas the kilt is a heraldic tartan skirt worn proudly by Scottish soldiers while kicking your arse in battle.

Furthermore, while the wee Irish were content to swill cheap beer and seach clover feilds for lucky charms, the Scots were drinking the world's finest whiskey while knocking tightly knotted balls about the links with gnarly clubs.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
12/4/09 9:50 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote: As a Scot, I feel compelled to take this oppurtunity to remind you that St. Paddy's Day is an Irish diversion composed primarily of hooligans and green ale, whereas the kilt is a heraldic tartan skirt worn proudly by Scottish soldiers while kicking your arse in battle. Furthermore, while the wee Irish were content to swill cheap beer and seach clover feilds for lucky charms, the Scots were drinking the world's finest whiskey while knocking tightly knotted balls about the links with gnarly clubs.

Being of Scots decent, I feel compelled to remind you that the Scots came from Ireland. They settled in the south west corner close to the Romans. The original people of Scotland were the Picts. Most of the things we think of today as Scottish are really Roman or Irish. Sad but true. Bagpipes are Roman and kilts are Irish. You just have to go back far enough in history.

carzan
carzan Reader
12/4/09 9:59 a.m.

It's was often after a shot or two of Jameson that set me off looking for lucky charms...tho rarely in a clover field.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/4/09 10:16 a.m.
Kia_racer wrote: Being of Scots decent, I feel compelled to remind you that the Scots came from Ireland. They settled in the south west corner close to the Romans. The original people of Scotland were the Picts. Most of the things we think of today as Scottish are really Roman or Irish. Sad but true. Bagpipes are Roman and kilts are Irish. You just have to go back far enough in history.

Bah! Revisionist Roman dog! I challenge you to a highlands duel with broadsword and round sheild!*

Winner receives a barely used box of Irish turf peat inscense, and a large economy sized bottle of green food coloring!

*Or wet noodles.. whatever works for you.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/4/09 10:20 a.m.

This is getting interesting.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
12/4/09 10:27 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote:
Kia_racer wrote: Being of Scots decent, I feel compelled to remind you that the Scots came from Ireland. They settled in the south west corner close to the Romans. The original people of Scotland were the Picts. Most of the things we think of today as Scottish are really Roman or Irish. Sad but true. Bagpipes are Roman and kilts are Irish. You just have to go back far enough in history.
Bah! Revisionist Roman dog! I challenge you to a highlands duel with broadsword and round sheild!* Winner receives a barely used box of Irish turf peat inscense, and a large economy sized bottle of green food coloring! *Or wet noodles.. whatever works for you.

My Dad, Who hails from Ballycastle, county Antrim in the Republic of Ireland, takes great delight in disparaging the Scots. He streams some pretty raw and funny E36 M3, but I have never asked him why he has it in for the Scots. When I was a kid, he had a co-worker friend who was a Scot and they would drink wiskey and insult each other with great cheer. So I'll ask you: Why do the Scots and the Irish have the ginormously insulting repartee going on. Weren't they both screwed by the Brits?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/4/09 10:32 a.m.

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/EnolaGay/EnolaGay.html

I just had to, don't know why

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
12/4/09 11:04 a.m.
Shaun wrote: My Dad, Who hails from... Ireland, takes great delight in disparaging a... friend who was a Scot and they would drink wiskey and insult each other with great cheer... Why do the Scots and the Irish have the ginormously insulting repartee going on. Weren't they both screwed by the Brits?

There, lad.. you've answered your own question. We hold a common enemy that binds us together, which allows us a proper reason to drink whiskey with great cheer. It's a time-honored feud borne out of mutual hatred of another. Once we had collectively beat the pale Brits into their place, there was no worthy advesary for us to fight, save for each other. And so it remains, even now.

Truth be told, when it comes to highland duels, one Scot can genereally stand toe-to-toe with another Scot, and though I've seen the awesome destruction that can be wrested on a hardwood sheild by a wet noodle, a true highlander will take it in stride. However, should the Irish infadel choose to fight with ale, the Scot is a great disadvantage. My own beloved sister, in a moment of weakness, chose to wed with a lad from Belfast, so as of now I am more or less stuck with it. I engaged my new Irish in-laws in a battle of brewskies o'er a table round in a local pub, and failed miserably. Days later, once able to sit up and think, I developed a respect for any that could become so proficient in the Noble Martial Art of suds-swilling. I never even had a fighting chance.

Regretfully, my 75% Scottish blood is thinned down by 25% of English/Welsh heritage, so I often become convoluted when charged to pledge my alliances. While I would be hard pressed to take arms against a brother Scott, if circumstances arose that compelled me to do the same against another Insular foe, I would likely choose wet noodles as the weapon..

Anything but beer.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
12/4/09 11:11 a.m.
NYG95GA wrote:
Bah! Revisionist Roman dog! I challenge you to a highlands duel with broadsword and round sheild!* Winner receives a barely used box of Irish turf peat inscense, and a large economy sized bottle of green food coloring! *Or wet noodles.. whatever works for you.

We can do it on St. Paddy's day. I'll wear an orange shirt and use a "Claymore" (because I love to lop off coo's heads) and you can wear green and use that silly english broadsword.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
12/4/09 11:16 a.m.
Shaun wrote:

My Dad, Who hails from Ballycastle, county Antrim in the Republic of Ireland, takes great delight in disparaging the Scots. He streams some pretty raw and funny E36 M3, but I have never asked him why he has it in for the Scots. When I was a kid, he had a co-worker friend who was a Scot and they would drink wiskey and insult each other with great cheer. So I'll ask you: Why do the Scots and the Irish have the ginormously insulting repartee going on. Weren't they both screwed by the Brits?

The reason is quite clear. The Scots (which came from Ireland) moved into what we now call Scotland. Much later the Scots (which had forgotten where they came from), we are talking hundreds of years with lots of in-fighting, tried to take Ireland by force of arms.

The Brits just finished the job the Scots started.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
onBgoeWR7g0bUXbEfTJqZDVlOZda5qKhxpcTLu9ZixxUeq4lDLhHsbDtq6wZDfny