1 2 3 4
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/24 9:42 p.m.

XX. It's a collection of horror shorts all by women, written, directed, etc. There were some familiar storylines, but the way they were retold was a nice change. I don't really remember specifics, I just remember being overall happy with the watch. 

ABCs of Death, there's a couple of them. They're a collection of short horror films, some good some not so good.

Holidays (2016). That's the title, not sure if it's still on Netflix or not, but again, another compilation, but this one is holiday themed. Most of the major ones are represented, but Father's Day and Mothers Day are some of the better shorts. 

For a different kind of creepy, Rumpelstiltskin and snow white both had decent live action versions made in the 90s. Ok acting, good creep factor, moderate violence. Snow White featured Sigourney Weaver as the evil step mother, very dark, very believable.

Nobody has mentioned Leprechaun though? The first one with Jennifer Aniston? Then the more horror comedy follow ups like Leprechaun in Space, and Leprechaun in the Hood? Great, and underrated movies. 

I'd also like to give a nod to the 90s version of Roald Dahls "the witches". For a kids movie it's actually pretty scary. Witches, with square toes, that turn little boys into mice. It was a favorite as a kid, and watching it with mine reminded me how good it is. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/22/24 10:56 p.m.

Have we mentioned “Creature From the Black Lagoon?”

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pZzc2bZ1YYK8ZCcbrTDVV96Jg0bFuUmnYHg3rXwHaJQmr7JjXYu56tC18j2HCqdT