1 2 3
dclafleur
dclafleur New Reader
1/3/19 9:19 a.m.

Continue fixing up and organizing my shop.  I bought 4 cabinets on Black Friday and only have one built so far.  Continue learning on the track, I just finished a school I'd like to get another one in this year and try to be on the track at least once every month.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
1/3/19 11:09 a.m.

Did some major financial reworking last year to get rid of our debt.

This year's goal: Coast (finally)

jaybird
jaybird None
1/3/19 11:14 a.m.

1. Save more money.

2. Payoff debt.

3. Workout every other day.

4. Finish back tattoo + 2 other tattoos

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/3/19 12:49 p.m.

For cars:

replace my NB2 with an ES legal NB1. Add Konis, RB FSB, rivals. Get lots of seat time again this year. Second year, try to suck less at autocross. 

Get another Mazda 5 for my wife. Bought one at auction last month, going to send it back. Roach infestation

Teach my 15 year old son to drive. Three pedals like God intended.

Make room in the garage for one car and the canoe.

Keep my Lancer Ralliart wagon as my daily, will be 10 years in December.

Keep my 400k mile 88 Silverado going for another year. So far, so good.

Rolex 24 for the first time. I work directly across from the Speedway, so I hear the racing and if I'm in the parking lot I even smell it when the wind is right. It's about time to go see the race!

For me: 

Try to stay healthy. Like my truck, so far, so good.

I'm 63, had skin cancer last year, all clear after surgery. I'm seeing the dermatologist Monday morning, got another lesion to check out.

Exercise more. I already eat very healthy, lots of veggies, very little meat or restaurant meals. I cook for the family when ever I am home.

Weight and BP are good.

For family:

Continue to appreciate how lucky I am. Our marriage is the best thing ever. Get the kids outside more. Maybe travel to Scotland next winter.

Travel to Maine again this summer for my wife's stepdad's 91st birthday.

Visit my dad regularly, even though he doesn't know who I am anymore, and can no longer complete a sentence.

Continue avoiding my alcoholic, paranoid schizophrenic brother. I can't help him when he blames me for everything that ever went wrong with his life.

Other hobbies:

read more books. I used to read at least 50 a year. That means less GRM time, but can't have both.

Sell off some of my fishing tackle. I've got reels I'm never going to use again, some with collector value. Put the money into the next Miata.

Get started fishing again. Get the canoe out on the Indian River Lagoon at least every other month. 

Professionally:

continue growing the practice, refining my skills, and referring cases whenever it's best for the patient.

Stick with cats and dogs, never treat another horse.

daeman
daeman Dork
1/3/19 3:11 p.m.

- get our house sold, it's already on the market and looking like we should have it gone before March rolls around.

-get rid of anything that can't justify it's storage fees (pretty much everything we own is heading for storage after the house sells). Unfortunately, that means that I'll probably have to ditch a metric E36 M3load of "usefull junk"

-do some traveling so we can figure out where we actually want to live, we'll be looking at setting up the Forester with a rooftop tent and being more or less nomadic for a few months.

-aquire a new house, as much as having a nice positive bank balance and no real financial responsibilities will be, life on the road will undoubtedly get old quickly if there's nowhere to head back home to.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
1/3/19 3:34 p.m.

Move, we looked at a place yesterday and are waiting to hear back from the landlord. Nicer, cheaper, and better location.

Lose more weight. I’ve been going down lately. From 44 to 42 and on my way to 40. I just punched another hole in my belt earlier today.

Be ready to apply for a promotion by the end of the year. Team Leader is our equivalent to Department Assistant Manager. I almost posted for one opening two weeks ago.

Work on my marriage. Things have been rocky for a while and it is time to fix things or move on. 

Kayak again. That will involve renting a rack at the lake and keeping my boat there. It is only 3 miles from work. My poor neglected Pungo has sat since I bought my current car and didn’t want to scratch the roof with it. It hasn’t been used since 2012.crying

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
1/3/19 5:34 p.m.

Drag my ass out of the funk I've been in for a couple of years.

Determine whether, in my 59th year, I should start to age gracefully or rage against the dying of the light.

Either get more of my core business through the shop, or add a supplementary source of billable hours.

Get my wind back.  I could say "Lose weight", but I'm not sure that is possible with my mind and metabolism.  Just getting a bit back in shape would be sufficient.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
1/3/19 9:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

-Crush my enemies.

-See them driven before me.

-Hear the lamentation of their women.

I'm still reading responses , but this has to be on a 'T' some how some way .....Hey maybe MazD could make this happen. I'll contribute shortly....

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/3/19 11:59 p.m.
759NRNG said:
Appleseed said:

-Crush my enemies.

-See them driven before me.

-Hear the lamentation of their women.

I'm still reading responses , but this has to be on a 'T' some how some way .....Hey maybe MazD could make this happen. I'll contribute shortly....

It's a line from the Conan the barbarian movie. Copyrighted.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
1/5/19 2:13 p.m.

Make it to '20.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
1/5/19 4:52 p.m.

Get going with Lyft.

Pay off debt.

ahem. cough.  File taxes.  If it wasn't for the unequal application of the three year rule I'd be okay. It's gonna hurt but I've finally put a toe in adulthood so I'll get it done.

Really should sell the SVTf for $500 or get it driving and sell for $1k.  There is no love for this Blue Oval.

Tidy up my other cars now that I won't be driving them all the time.

Look around for the cheapest plot of land I can put a 2/3 car garage on and retire the 200s into project land.

Hope a woman enters my life.  

smiley

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
1/6/19 3:52 p.m.

Ok here goes and not in any particular order.....

• french drain in front of the house
  • being gainfully employed
  • staying healthy
  • putting new axles on the lowboy trailer
  • tractor/mower implement shed
  • vegetable garden for the first time at this house (23yrs)?
  • finish the deck/breezeway roof structure
  • celebrating with my father on his ninetieth birthday
  • hoping my big dog(Riley} lasts another year
  • only if i win the lottery will there be any major motorhead shenanigans occuring 
  • and no 'T' due to copyrights......durnit!!!
wawazat
wawazat Reader
1/6/19 5:48 p.m.

Get suspension, brakes, and drivetrain upgrades completed on my '69 Cougar so my Dad and I can do Hot Rod Power Tour this year.

Get Jeep prepped for sale by getting minor bodywork wrapped up and getting it in for detail.

Get our Florida vacation nailed down.

Land some major projects for my global automotive customers.

Get my CPL and my motorcycle endorsement.

Get my Dad familiar with his first smartphone.

Get front door replaced on the house as soon as weather breaks.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
1/6/19 9:39 p.m.

Try to eat better, drink more water and eat less ketchup...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v4waz2DN9EChm5B8ySDfAkFxIR6MM5TgNlcEIvICRWPv85GoYQrVJhjd2S9jFghj