ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/5/09 8:33 a.m.

I'm in the worst possible situation -- all the cars are stored for the winter, which has yet to arrive. This means no autox, no HPDE, or anything, and since it has been so mild, no skiing, ice racing, or snowcross in my neck of the woods, either.

I'm already suffering significant withdrawl. Enough so that I'm starting to think I should buy another car. Or do something equally reckless -- like sell my house and buy one with a much larger workshop. Then I could at least tinker with something during the off-season.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 8:58 a.m.

Indoor karting?

senador
senador New Reader
12/5/09 8:59 a.m.

Move?

Seriously, maybe try getting an Xbox 360, a racing wheel, and Forza 3. You can ball up your car as many times as you want and not hurt yourself.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/5/09 9:17 a.m.
senador wrote: Move? Seriously, maybe try getting an Xbox 360, a racing wheel, and Forza 3. You can ball up your car as many times as you want and not hurt yourself.

I can't do sim-racing -- my "inner-ear" doesn't like remaining stationary while my car moves.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/5/09 9:25 a.m.

I just took my sled out yesterday....you should be getting snow soon

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/5/09 9:30 a.m.

Doesn't the Michigan crowd do some cool rally-x's during the Winter?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
12/5/09 4:52 p.m.
ZOO wrote: . Enough so that I'm starting to think I should buy another car. Or do something equally reckless -- like sell my house and buy one with a much larger workshop. Then I could at least tinker with something during the off-season.

motorcycle project? if your not married you can do one in about any room of a house as long as there arent stairs involved.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
12/5/09 4:57 p.m.

This was the primary motivation behind getting back into skateboarding 4 years ago. I have a killer indoor park near me (40 min) and it satisfied my need for adrenaline.

Ironically, I eventually got more into skating and less into auto-x. Cheaper and way less of a time commitment (local SCCA events became stupid--270 car, 100 novice field that yielded 4 runs in an 8 hour day--lol. BMWCCA became more exclusive and harder to get in on).

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
12/5/09 5:00 p.m.

Can't believe no one said snowmobile yet. Those things'll top a hundo quick. Gotta be some place to ride.

mndsm
mndsm Reader
12/5/09 5:03 p.m.

Get a quad. Those things will haul ass everywhere and they're 4 season capable.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/5/09 5:22 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote:
ZOO wrote: . Enough so that I'm starting to think I should buy another car. Or do something equally reckless -- like sell my house and buy one with a much larger workshop. Then I could at least tinker with something during the off-season.
motorcycle project? if your not married you can do one in about any room of a house as long as there arent stairs involved.

Do a Trials bike... then you can ride it up and down the stairs when its finished.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/5/09 7:47 p.m.

I may have fixed it with a $1000 Miata purchase today. I've always wanted a winter Miata. Four good snows, and a hardtop -- should be drift times :). Car will be mine if it passes an inspection on the hoist Monday.

I am anti-motorcycle (had a bad scare once). Sleds are cool, but we still don't have any snow to play in.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/5/09 9:01 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: motorcycle project? if your not married you can do one in about any room of a house as long as there aren't stairs involved.

I've done that with both stairs and a wife.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
12/5/09 9:04 p.m.

I know what you mean, 10 project cars including the challenger all of which are in various states of disassembly

4eyes
4eyes Reader
12/5/09 9:43 p.m.
ZOO wrote:
senador wrote: Move? Seriously, maybe try getting an Xbox 360, a racing wheel, and Forza 3. You can ball up your car as many times as you want and not hurt yourself.
I can't do sim-racing -- my "inner-ear" doesn't like remaining stationary while my car moves.

Me too, the only time I've ever experienced motion sickness. So many cool race games, it sucks!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/6/09 5:35 a.m.
ZOO wrote: I can't do sim-racing -- my "inner-ear" doesn't like remaining stationary while my car moves.

Protip: NEVER play any of the Wipeout series of games, the Star Wars E1 Racer series, or an old PC game called "Scorcher." You'd probably be vomiting for a couple of days.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LH4LPrvHzMUrlA234f1T0d04BUwnpiOSBoAwb0Y6oTlGAmyUoPIjYiKQlHhxRung