1 2 3 4 ... 8
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
12/14/12 1:30 p.m.

NBCNewYork: reporting that the shooter's mother is a kindergarten teacher at this school and he went into her classroom shooting. He shot up his own mother's classroom...

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
12/14/12 1:35 p.m.

Is it wrong of me to hope that the gunman didn't kill himself but that somebody else perforated him with a large number of lead bullets?

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
12/14/12 1:37 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote: Is it wrong of me to hope that the gunman didn't kill himself but that somebody else perforated him with a large number of lead bullets?

No because I hope the same thing. In my state it is legal for a CCW holder to carry on school grounds though I know CT is much stricter in their laws.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/14/12 1:40 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Also: Not to totally derail, and not that I've EVER considered going on a shooting spree, but why is it always a bunch of berkeleying innocent people, and not....oh....say....

I wonder what is is with nutjobs that they have abandoned old-fashioned serial killings for a quick trip to schools and shopping malls. What ever happened to stalking the hookers of a city one by one and leaving a trail of clues? Is our instant gratification society even pervading the lunatic fringe now?

Protege2886
Protege2886 New Reader
12/14/12 1:45 p.m.

Gotta feel bad for the kid whose FB profile is being passed around the internet in error :S

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/14/12 1:48 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Jesus christ man. What the berkeley? And yeah, even better than shooting yourself: Talk to a berkeleying psychologist, take some vitamin C, visit some kids with cancer, realize your life isn't so bad after all, you dick.
This. It made me physically ill when I heard the news. Leave the berkeleying kids alone, you sick bastards.

A guy at work here just told me about it. I feel sick to my stomach.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
12/14/12 1:48 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Also: Not to totally derail, and not that I've EVER considered going on a shooting spree, but why is it always a bunch of berkeleying innocent people, and not....oh....say....
I wonder what is is with nutjobs that they have abandoned old-fashioned serial killings for a quick trip to schools and shopping malls. What ever happened to stalking the hookers of a city one by one and leaving a trail of clues? Is our instant gratification society even pervading the lunatic fringe now?

That is going to diminish the quality of future cop dramas on TV - one event just leaves you with a Lifetime channel movie. you could get a few seasons out of a show about a serial killer taking out child molesters.

ok back to hate for the psychopath with the mommy issues.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
12/14/12 1:49 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

instant gratification generation

DukeOfUndersteer
12/14/12 1:53 p.m.

They just interviewed a First Grade Teacher giving her first hand account. She said "I locked all the kids in the bathroom. One student said "I just want to go home to see my parents and have Christmas..."

Right then and there, I almost broke down at my desk as I heard this. Having a child really effects your emotions. I can't even type anymore.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/14/12 2:08 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Having a child really effects your emotions. I can't even type anymore.

LOL. Do not watch Trainspotting right after you have your first kid.

You get over it again when you hear them say "berkeley you" for the first time.

pres589
pres589 SuperDork
12/14/12 2:14 p.m.

http://www.salon.com/2012/12/14/school_shooting_liveblog/

Updates from many news sources.

Feeling awful about today. All I'm saying.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
12/14/12 2:14 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: They just interviewed a First Grade Teacher giving her first hand account. She said "I locked all the kids in the bathroom. One student said "I just want to go home to see my parents and have Christmas..." Right then and there, I almost broke down at my desk as I heard this. Having a child really effects your emotions. I can't even type anymore.

I don't even have kids and reading some of the accounts brought tears.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/14/12 2:51 p.m.
Did they kill the gunman? None of the news reports I've read have read confirmed that yet.

The one article I read said the gunman is dead, two guns were recovered, one person is being held for questioning. I'm hoping somebody at the school laid this berkeleyer down.

I'd link the article, but there were pics of kids crying, parents freaking out. I can't do it.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/14/12 2:53 p.m.

I cried. My wife brought our baby by the office so I could hold her.

WTF happened to our world?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/14/12 2:55 p.m.

At this point, I would like to have everyone turn off their TV's and stay off the news sites and go hug their loved ones. Don't encourage this behavior by upping the ratings for these jagoff media wanks (honestly, interviewing a 3 year old after something like this? What. The. Flying. berkeley.) In the coming days there will be some worthwhile information available, mostly the people directly involved will need help coming to terms with the situation and moving on as best as they can.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
12/14/12 2:56 p.m.

Yeah, this hurts to read. This could have happened in my kids school. Why the kids, why?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
12/14/12 2:56 p.m.

Yeah. This will be a "no news" night at our house. If mama hasn't heard already, I don't plan on bringing it up.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/14/12 3:05 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Right then and there, I almost broke down at my desk as I heard this. Having a child really effects your emotions. I can't even type anymore.

Exactly. At 4, 3, 1.5 and 4 weeks, my kids are in, and will be in a school just like that for a while. I can't even begin to think...

DukeOfUndersteer
12/14/12 3:09 p.m.

Apparently, he made it known of 4Chan...

Not Hotlinking because of language

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/14/12 3:10 p.m.

It is just so heartbreaking.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
12/14/12 3:11 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Yeah. This will be a "no news" night at our house. If mama hasn't heard already, I don't plan on bringing it up.

Same here. We don't have a TV and I'm the only one who keeps up with news. I called home today just to hear the kids. My wife doesn't know about what happened or why I called at an odd time.

Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
12/14/12 3:18 p.m.

As the father of 3 kids in elementary school, I'm beyond mortified.. My kids are standing here with me right now and I plan to enjoy my evening with them.

It's a damn shame the motherberkleyer who did it is dead. Too easy of a fate for him.

TucoRamirez
TucoRamirez Reader
12/14/12 3:27 p.m.

RIP little ones.

I spent the morning gathering parts to make a junk gun look functional for a $200 each police buy-back tomorrow. I need $$ way more than the illusion of safety, so I may get rid of 'em all tomorrow. I hope I'm "allowed" to replace them as my circumstance improves. Laws, criminals, poverty, liberty, fudge it all, bills are due.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
12/14/12 3:33 p.m.
rebelgtp wrote: WTF apparently this morning some whack job in China just STABBED 22 kids at a school. http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/14/china-knife-attack-school.html

I heard that, too.

China or here, one thing is true.....this is really the most selfish, horrible thing that a that a person could do. I don't care how bad your problems are, you don't have the right to end lives (and destroy the lives of the survivors) because things are not going the way you want. Thinking others should suffer or die because you are unhappy is the height of narcissism

starting to tear up while typing.....don't have words in my vocabulary that are strong enough to...

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/14/12 3:41 p.m.

I am a teacher. We have drills and procedures for this. A worst case scenario.

I promise you this -- I'd end up dead before an idiot with a weapon got near to my students.

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iaUEGScgI3gmiOCPUOGRQEBxbtwvXtrUskq8Lw6OdyDZx8uQLRmiPLhkFnKTX3MA