1 2
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/25/13 2:44 p.m.

I dont see how Kill 'Em All can be 30. It was only a couple years old when I discovered Metallica. Must be some mistake.

http://www.metalinjection.net/lists/10-fun-facts-about-metallicas-kill-em-all-on-its-30th-anniversary

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/25/13 2:56 p.m.

Metal up your ass.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/25/13 2:59 p.m.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/25/13 3:11 p.m.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet SuperDork
7/25/13 3:13 p.m.

Metal Militia still rules. It's a Thrash classic.

I miss Cliff Burton.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/25/13 3:13 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel: Quit trying to trick us. That baby is only like 5 or 6 now.

I heard Francis Bean just started pre-school.

David S. Wallens
7/25/13 3:27 p.m.
logdog wrote: In reply to poopshovel: I heard Francis Bean just started pre-school.

Totally.

7/25/13 3:33 p.m.

I won't mention that Iron Maiden is a 38 year old band because... berkeley, is that depressing.

David S. Wallens
7/25/13 3:54 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I won't mention that Iron Maiden is a 38 year old band because... berkeley, is that depressing.

And Rush is even older. Not sure which fact is more depressing.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
7/25/13 4:14 p.m.

I would love to hear the EP Metallica did when Mustaine was still a member.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/25/13 4:35 p.m.
logdog wrote: I dont see how Kill 'Em All can be 30.

I can. Things get more awesome with age. It's way too good an album to be new.

Knurled
7/25/13 4:36 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I would love to hear the EP Metallica did when Mustaine was still a member.

Want me to bring a copy? I think I still have it here somewhere.

(Spoiler: It wasn't all that great production-wise)

Heck, I have a CD with a bunch of stuff when Ron McGovney was bassist.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
7/25/13 4:42 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: And Rush is even older.

I saw Rush in the mid seventies and they were already big

Knurled
7/25/13 4:49 p.m.

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en_US/style/kya7lq.html

Grr.... want these shoes. But can't because there is a kind of cultural divide between Converse and Vans people and I'm a Converse person.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/13 5:00 p.m.

Heard on the radio today that Back in Black is also 30 today...pretty good day for rock-n-roll!

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
7/25/13 5:17 p.m.
Secretariata wrote: Heard on the radio today that Back in Black is also 30 today...pretty good day for rock-n-roll!

Goes to show good music never feels old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgnJDJN4VA

I suddenly feel the need to go for a motorcycle ride.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
7/25/13 5:19 p.m.

In reply to logdog: In reply to David S. Wallens:

Sorry to burst your bubble

In reply to Knurled:

How about just being a guy that buys shoes he likes?

If a gang of Converse wearing people and a gang of Vans wearing people meet in the street is there some sort of hipster/punk/skater version of West Side Story?

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
7/25/13 5:56 p.m.

In reply to Knurled: And here I thought it was because of the price.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
7/25/13 6:00 p.m.

Insane; I had an 8track that we listened to over and over in my 78 LeBaron. I even taped it onto a tape later for added high quality, lol.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/13 6:05 p.m.
Secretariata wrote: Heard on the radio today that Back in Black is also 30 today...pretty good day for rock-n-roll!

Correction, Back in Black was released in the US on July 25, 1980. Guess I was busy paying attention to driving...Still it is a classic album. Think I'll have to cue them both up tonight!

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
7/25/13 6:20 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I would love to hear the EP Metallica did when Mustaine was still a member.

i've heard it... it's pretty much what you'd expect of 4 drunk and broke 19 year olds on crappy equipment..

7/25/13 6:49 p.m.
moparman76_69 wrote: In reply to logdog: In reply to David S. Wallens: Sorry to burst your bubble In reply to Knurled: How about just being a guy that buys shoes he likes? If a gang of Converse wearing people and a gang of Vans wearing people meet in the street is there some sort of hipster/punk/skater version of West Side Story?

The late 70's guys in their dad's old army shirts and Levi's beat the E36 M3 out of them and take their bikes to a soundtrack featuring the BronY-Aur Stomp.

We didn't berkeley around back then. We had switchblade combs and boomboxes the size of a Magnavox console TV. Our hair was fabulous.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UltraDork
7/25/13 9:53 p.m.

Have no fear, one of the guys still knows what metal should sound like: http://youtu.be/DCI7rRT93wE

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/26/13 9:43 a.m.

one of my favorite albums. it will see some time on my road trip tonight along with some other early Metallica.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
7/26/13 12:26 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I won't mention that Iron Maiden is a 38 year old band because... berkeley, is that depressing.

There is a really cool 3 part series on YouTube about the early years of Iron Maiden up to Seventh Son. Interviews with the band members and just about every guitarist and singer Stever Harris played with from day-one of starting his own band.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k1osBwijTMJozzyfPn44lnkKPcTw8FuJ3rrPOWBYp807JkkNl3arGRs3oCzhkdJ1