1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
2/8/13 5:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I would like to see someone in the media start looking into a number of claims that he made.

That would be interesting and would happen before anyone starts placing blame on the numerous, left-leaning politicians, talking heads and celebs referred to in his writings.

Dorner's a nutcase but the people he admired and who influenced him will never get a mention anywhere near to the speculation about Loughner.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/lapd-spree-killers-full-manifesto-showing-support-for-gun-co

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/9/13 10:54 a.m.

did anyone download the unedited version while it was still up? i'd like to see whether or not these "exerpts" are verbatim.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/9/13 11:42 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

http://boywithgrenade.org/2013/02/07/christopher-dorners-manifesto/

peabodysc
peabodysc New Reader
2/9/13 9:49 p.m.

We had a case locally (in SC) where a guy walked towards an officer in the parking lot of the Law Enforcement Center in the early morning hours. Guy has something that looks like a gun in his hand. County Deputy issues command to stop, guy keeps walking towards him. Deputy fires 22 shots at him, City officer joins in and fires 2 rounds. Guy is hit and dies. Out of 24 rounds fired, guy was hit by 7. He was armed with... a glue gun painted black. Guy was stupid, had to expect to get shot. Where did all the misses go?

peabodysc
peabodysc New Reader
2/9/13 10:13 p.m.

Just read the manifesto, wow!

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/10/13 1:43 a.m.
RX Reven' wrote: As a Southern California resident, I’m fully committed to exploiting the fact that I’ve got two week old rubber all around on the RX-8 and the probability of getting stopped for anything less than a capital offense in the next few days is approaching zero. Sylmar to Thousand Oaks world land speed record attempt in 3, 2, 1

That, or have the 8 riddled with bullets.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/10/13 2:02 a.m.
peabodysc wrote: Just read the manifesto, wow!

He's no dummy, for sure.

This line caught my eye:

"Westboro Baptist Church, may you all burn slowly in a fire, not from smoke inhalation, but from the flames and only the flames."

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/10/13 8:12 a.m.
peabodysc wrote: We had a case locally (in SC) where a guy walked towards an officer in the parking lot of the Law Enforcement Center in the early morning hours. Guy has something that looks like a gun in his hand. County Deputy issues command to stop, guy keeps walking towards him. Deputy fires 22 shots at him, City officer joins in and fires 2 rounds. Guy is hit and dies. Out of 24 rounds fired, guy was hit by 7. He was armed with... a glue gun painted black. Guy was stupid, had to expect to get shot. Where did all the misses go?

Suicide by cop.. it's not unknown and more common than most people realize

mpolans
mpolans Reader
2/10/13 9:13 a.m.
oldtin wrote: Think I'd walk a little faster or slower if I were the cop on the left. They start to look like the verge of giddy when they get to dress up in tactical gear - makes me a little nervous when the police start thinking they are military.

Why do cops need suppressors?

drainoil
drainoil Reader
2/10/13 9:20 a.m.

Todays paper says the LAPD chief is re-opening the dismissal case from 2008.

I've only visited CA twice in my life, last being in 1999. I'm still of the thought that the only thing good that comes out of that state are the rust free classic cars

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/10/13 10:08 a.m.
mpolans wrote: Why do cops need suppressors?

For the same reason they need paramilitary uniforms.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/10/13 10:17 a.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Guy knows how LAPD works and reacts to situations. Plans on waging unconventional warfare. Wants to prove how they don't care about civilians. Think maybe stirring them up enough to provoke them into doing... exactly what they are now while he sits and watches may be exactly the kind of war he planned?

Freakin' brilliant.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/10/13 11:06 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:

Simple and streamlined answer, they think they are better than the general public. Not all are that way, but more than you'd think are

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/10/13 11:11 a.m.

Lol.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
2/10/13 12:24 p.m.

lapd reopening firing investigation

So... boss cop is nervous at being personally targeted or thinly veiled attempt to draw out the guy that's nowhere near where they are looking for him?

alex
alex UltraDork
2/10/13 12:31 p.m.

Trying to spin this gigantic clusterberkeley in a way that looks like the LAPD is compassionate. In reality, they're at least a few moves behind Dorner and grasping at straws.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/10/13 3:09 p.m.

Aw crap, if Sheen is on his side, I now have more doubts

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/charlie-sheen-dorner-call-170740810.html

Knurled
2/10/13 4:36 p.m.
yamaha wrote: If you're in Cali, I sure hope you aren't driving a blue pickup truck......

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/10/13 4:48 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
yamaha wrote: If you're in Cali, I sure hope you aren't driving a blue pickup truck......

Outch.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
2/10/13 4:53 p.m.

Another one?

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/10/13 5:20 p.m.

Talked to my brother today (he lives in LA) and he told me its interesting that Dorner once picked up a bag with $8k in it and turned it in. Nobody's telling that story now.

Knurled
2/10/13 5:22 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Outch.

Well, on the one hand, they're shooting everything BUT vehicles that fit the description, but on the other hand, they're shooting everyone but actual people who fit the description.

Theory: The safest person to be in LA right now is a huge-ass black male in a blue Titan.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/10/13 6:31 p.m.

Thankfully, they are not very accurate shots, since they are already not very accurate at assessing characteristics. And when is it OK to wave somebody on and then ram their vehicle to begin an ambush?

Hopefully all officers involved are signed up for some "identification training" and some range practice too. This is like the Keystone Cops gone mad.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/10/13 6:35 p.m.

Note to self: stay outta LA

well, Cali for that matter

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
2/10/13 6:38 p.m.

Or tanks.

Or full auto weaponry in general.

Now shut up peon, before you get a nice dash of wooden shampoo and we shoot your dog.

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cvnZ9Y9ZIAPgkJrp7JWK08Kh1lYjYHrv6sbz4QXz8MERQtoYzI5LvAS7mxhGuGK7