1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
FFRY
FFRY New Reader
2/12/13 6:30 p.m.

House partially involved. With ammo exploding inside.

PD is asking if there's and propane cylinders on/near the house.

FD called in. Discussing putting water on it.

I'll keep on updating this particular post with updates for those who are unable to listen in.

19:38-Still have ammo popping inside, not ready for FD to begin suppression ops.

19:42-Still not ready for fire.

19:44- House is fully involved, all sides.

19:46- a fire fighter on scene was raised in the residence, he knows the layout. Basement is 12x15. It seems they're discussing the possibility of dorner surviving in the basement.

Lost my feed, unable to update

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
2/12/13 6:35 p.m.
drainoil wrote: CNN just reported a cop was just killed near the cabin. Should make you pig cop haters happy.

Hmmm... OK. Not sure there are any "pig cop haters" here, but I am pretty sure we all hate a-holes. I, personally, don't exclude cops from possibly being a-holes. Of course, that doesn't mean I would want them dead, even if they are "pig cops".

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/12/13 6:48 p.m.
FFRY wrote: I'm using the iPad app "cop radio" app. Click scanners, most popular... It's the most listened to frequency right now.

Thanks dude! Technology is kewl.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/12/13 6:52 p.m.
FFRY wrote: 19:46- a fire fighter on scene was raised in the residence, he knows the layout. Basement is 12x15. It seems they're discussing the possibility of dorner surviving in the basement.

whoa, that's interesting.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
2/12/13 7:00 p.m.
drainoil wrote: Should make the pig cop haters happy.

Hugely inappropriate for this site.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Intern
2/12/13 7:04 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote: Uhhh, I just heard "possible rocket" on the scanner.
Actual scanner? Phone app? Website? I've got a scanner in the basement. Never figured out how to use it.

Phone app, "Emergency Radio." Works great.

That said, I also have a regular scanner. Don't use it much, though, and it can't pull in signal from across the state, nevermind CA.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/12/13 7:10 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Actual scanner? Phone app? Website? I've got a scanner in the basement. Never figured out how to use it.
Phone app, "Emergency Radio." Works great. That said, I also have a regular scanner. Don't use it much, though, and it can't pull in signal from across the state, nevermind CA.

Well, you've been talking about camping a lot lately. I thought maybe you slapped a rainbow sticker on the Row-day-oh and moved to San Fran. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/12/13 7:16 p.m.
aircooled wrote:
drainoil wrote: CNN just reported a cop was just killed near the cabin. Should make you pig cop haters happy.
Hmmm... OK. Not sure there are any "pig cop haters" here, but I am pretty sure we all hate a-holes. I, personally, don't exclude cops from possibly being a-holes. Of course, that doesn't mean I would want them dead, even if they are "pig cops".

Well said Aircooled.

I consistently advocate for the police but they’ve gone so wildly over the top this time that I will not defend them…shooting the hell out of the wrong kind of truck in a densely populated area containing two defenseless Latino chicks when they’re looking for a husky black guy is just ridiculous.

It seems very apparent that the officers have far less courage than is necessary to be an asset rather than a liability.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/12/13 7:20 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote:
drainoil wrote: Should make the pig cop haters happy.
Hugely inappropriate for this site.

This, please, the door is over there......use it.

Maybe now the LAPD can be made to answer for their crimes they committed.

Tom Suddard
2/12/13 10:37 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote:
poopshovel wrote:
Phone app, "Emergency Radio." Works great. That said, I also have a regular scanner. Don't use it much, though, and it can't pull in signal from across the state, nevermind CA.
Well, you've been talking about camping a lot lately. I thought maybe you slapped a rainbow sticker on the Row-day-oh and moved to San Fran. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's a Trooper, thank you very much. And nope, still in Florida. Though I have been traveling a lot lately.

Is the guy still alive? I haven't seen an update in a while.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/12/13 10:39 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

ended supposedly, his body found in cabin says some news reports

edit: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/02/12/christopher-dorner-ex-cop-los-angeles-mexico/1912553/

Whoa.... NOT confirmed by LAPD

bad news reporting

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
2/12/13 10:56 p.m.

LAPD not confirming, says building is still too hot to search for a body....

Tom Suddard
2/12/13 11:01 p.m.

Oh, wow! Any bets?

I read that he bought SCUBA gear... perhaps he is in the basement?

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
2/12/13 11:13 p.m.

I wouldn't doubt it if he slipped out the back door and the cops are ashamed to admit it, or they got the wrong guy completely.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/13/13 5:54 a.m.

I'm glad it's over, I hope it's over.

"Gunshots heard coming from inside the cabin". As a victim's family member, would you rather see a suicide or know that rotten bastard is locked away for the rest of his life?

Great expense and trouble having a trial, but I prefer he had a long, long not so healthy life.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/13/13 6:46 a.m.

My money is on his crispy body being pulled out of that cabin.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/13/13 7:01 a.m.

well, there was a crispy body pulled from the cabin ... no verification if it's his

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/13/13 7:34 a.m.

If I had to guess, he set the cabin on fire then put a round through his head.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/13/13 7:39 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: If I had to guess, he set the cabin on fire then put a round through his head.

That would be my take, although it seems the law put a lot of cannisters of tear gas and smoke inside.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/13/13 7:53 a.m.

Here comes another Waco conspiracy, seems that the cabin caught fire due to tear gas canisters the cops shot in:

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/13/us/lapd-manhunt/index.html

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/13/13 7:56 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Here comes another Waco conspiracy, seem that the cabin caught fire due to tear gas canisters the cops shot in: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/13/us/lapd-manhunt/index.html

I have a hard time believing they know that already.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/13/13 8:26 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Here comes another Waco conspiracy, seem that the cabin caught fire due to tear gas canisters the cops shot in: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/13/us/lapd-manhunt/index.html
I have a hard time believing they know that already.

Exactly

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/13/13 8:27 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
I have a hard time believing they know anything at all.

I fixed a small error you had there.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/13/13 8:33 a.m.

Thinking of all the rounds they expended in multiple situations and the only bullet to actually kill someone was his.

If I was an LEO in socal, I'd be embarassed as hell.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/13/13 8:41 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Thinking of all the rounds they expended in multiple situations and the only bullet to actually kill someone was his. If I was an LEO in socal, I'd be embarassed as hell.

Well, until you're in that situation, you'll just have to assume.

1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2QXDDlE2J9RxE7NdqV3hjCX1sM6gi7BT6KJVnpfMd3aWL9zdJJvwzAZUo17KxDEl