1 2
Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
7/31/13 9:07 a.m.

Netflix carries some of those shows (Top Gear, Sons of Anarchy) but as mentioned you are a season behind, and have to wait a bit for seasons. For me, that's fine. I watch 1.5 hours of regular TV per week (CBS Sunday Morning), and intermittent Netflix. If I run out of a show, we just pick another show to watch until they add more. No big deal.

I also have the 1 DVD at a time still, that covers anything not streaming. $16/month I think and all my TV needs are met.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 PowerDork
7/31/13 9:17 a.m.

We have a Roku and it does well. I was disipointed to learn that you can not pull Youtube on a Roku. Most of the competitors can.

Netflix: I learned from a friend that one Netflix subscription allows 4 devices. Therefore he has his TV, Laptop and phone. Edited by myself. We have done this for more than a year now.
I don't care but we can see what the other watched recently. Since he is single and the subscription is in his name, I constantly search for gay and lesbian titles and then turn them on for a slight minute.
I figure he will snuggle up with some young gal and when he turns on Netflix, all the recently watched will be gay stuff. Oh, my sophomoric humor

chrispy
chrispy New Reader
7/31/13 1:03 p.m.

You can have up to 6 streaming devices active on a Netflix account and you can stream to 2 of those at the same time on the basic plan without upgrading (allows 4 streaming devices). I think hardwired devices are unlimited (i.e. Roku with ethernet).

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/31/13 1:05 p.m.

Love my Roku, but I lost it in the move, need to buy a new one. They are simply amazing

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/13 4:26 p.m.

I ordered the Roku2 HD today.

Flynlow
Flynlow Reader
7/31/13 6:11 p.m.

I ordered the Roku 2 today as well after trying it at a friends. Actually purposely avoided the 3 because I need the older connections for my 10 year old 32" tube TV.

Yeah, TV is clearly a priority in my life :).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uH4VRuFAjLpUOWUi0Ka1kh1OguRzeO8pSOYO66wkFWnao3rALEi7GUKhEGDJbQ8Y