AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/24 5:49 p.m.

I'm all ears. Talk to me, Goose!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/21/24 5:54 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm all ears. Talk to me, Goose!

Tis all chlorine-one just stores your future chlorine in the pool in the form of salt  and makes more chlorine constantly. Very little salt required. Highly recommend. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/24 6:05 p.m.

It's an 11,000 gallon "hot tub", but I'm about to convert my chlorine pool to salt water just to cut down on the maintenance. The chlorine generator tubes do have a lifespan, though, so figure you'll be changing those out every few years.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/21/24 6:06 p.m.

Hot tubs use bromine which retains I cleaning properties at higher heat. You want to test hot tub chemicals often enough (ph and alkalinity) it's nothing to add a few more bromine tabs to the floating carrier.

I wouldn't spend the money unless you really want to. Also, buying a new hot tub? Down here you can almost get them for free. At some point people just want them gone.

My $200 HT has been cranking it out for almost 12 years. It worked great, only needs a new blower (which isn't even necessary).

hobiercr
10/21/24 6:09 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

We did salt when we redid our pool in 2018. I'm already on my second salt cell ($700). You need to clean them every 3 months or so with a hose sprayer and/or soaking in acid/water solution if the buildup is bad enough, so they are not care free. 

hobiercr
10/21/24 6:15 p.m.

Btw, I'm not a pool professional, BUT my first summer job was working for Pinch-a- Penny (huge FL pool supply chain). This was back in '83 and I still remember my morning commute in our Omni/Horizon (VW engine) and shifting from 3-4th and wrapping the speedo past the 85mph limit and back around to 0. Loved that car! The job, sure. Loved it too.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/21/24 7:31 p.m.

Ya know how people say that when they make big money, they won't announce it but there will be signs....

Lolz.  I mean not really.  Lots of people have hot tubs.  I just thought it was funny.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GkHpbb731jmCAuKLOfEQfWPke45yCdBG4QrwWbWftzuMOktHeUKmm5m3K9d3XCaL