1 2
pheller
pheller UltimaDork
11/17/20 12:30 p.m.

Not all Streamlights are USA made. It used to be they listed if each product was assembled in the USA or manufactured in the USA. They no longer do that. 

Previously mentioned Strion for example, says this in its fact sheet: "Engineered in the USA, manufactured in China."

I'm a big advocate for more transparent manufacturing location information. In the world of mountain bikes, this has become a silent slide towards overseas manufacturing, and consumer acceptance of such. Very few manufacturers mention where stuff is made, and so people seem to assume "oh they are based in the USA so they must be made in the USA" - nope. Then, when a manufacturer like Guerrilla Gravity comes along and actually makes an affordable, modern carbon MTB right in Colorado, people just kind of assume they are made where everybody else makes their bike, only they have a goofy logo and name. Not so - they are manufactured in Colorado, which is very unique for the industry, and only Reeb, Ventana, Foes, Lenz and a handful of others can claim "mass produced (ie somewhat affordable) in the USA." Sure, you can find smaller custom bike builders who still make stuff in the USA, but often times they are very expensive. 

For Flashlights, the only well known producers of Made in USA torches are Maglite (Ontario, CA) and SureFire (Fountain Valley, CA). See the list above for others.

So yea, don't go assuming that just because a product used to be Made in the USA that it is anymore, and certainly don't pay more for such a product that you can get direct from the manufacturer for less money, especially if the USA based "brand" can't back up its warranty. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/4/21 7:42 a.m.

led Flashlight 90000 lumens Most Powerful 26650 USB Torch XHP70 Hunting (P70 Flashlight) (Black) - - Amazon.com

I bought one of these the other day.  It's the most stupidly bright thing ever.  It will actually cast warmth at a distance.  Bright enough to be bright in daylight.

Toyman01 (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm still using a Streamlight ProTac HL. It has been my daily carry for 4-5 years. Not only durable, but they have the best belt holster on the market by far. At $65 they aren't particularly cheap, but cheaper than buying a $30 light every year or so. Also not made in the USA.

Since this was brought back from the dead, I'll update it. Almost one year later and I'm still carrying the same light every day. It's missing a little more paint but still works flawlessly. 

20210224_080356.jpg

HotNotch
HotNotch New Reader
9/15/22 11:03 a.m.

Streamlight Micro-USB is my on person EDC.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/microstream-usb

USB Chargeable, 2 brightness modes, pretty decent output and battery life.  Also has a nice clip for pocket carry or placing on the bill of a hat.  And a small form factor.

They also have regular AAA options that aren't as bright, but roughly the same form factor.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/22 2:16 p.m.

I picked up a stream light pro tac HL-x. Really like it!!!  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zl6eS5vhU5kV84ebKN3L5S0xRDHUzmdgiCCO8zTkgAUQASsHIGm5QU239fqc8V9f