Brett Tower
Brett Tower New Reader
9/19/24 10:46 p.m.

There have been so many amazing cars in the last 40 years. While we all feel the "I wish I hadn't sold (fill in the blank) my two Alfa GTVs, Porsche 914 (well...), etc., its taken on a different feel now that cars are excessively complicated and expensive and stuffed with junk that I don't want or need. Those old simple, light, fun cars are not going to be made ever again, at least for working people. 

It feels weird to be here at the end of an era and to know that it is the end. Sorry to be a buzzkill.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/19/24 11:08 p.m.

Ice isn't going away for a long, long, time.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/24 12:04 a.m.

I'll miss the noise and shifting but I'll enjoy the instant-on massive torque and individual wheel-motors. Drove a Mercedes EQE through a parking lot a while ago and despite weighing as much as a full-size pickup the powertrain felt extremely peppy and being able to flick between forward and reverse instantly with no fear of gear grinding was fun. Look at the Caterham Project V or the Lotus Theory 1, or even an MG Cyberster or Mini Cooper SE and receive hope for the future.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/20/24 12:54 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Ice isn't going away for a long, long, time.

But, but, "THEY" said it is! It HAS to be true (ignore the little guy behind the curtain...)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PzzWFtzYikFndeQleOKPNWwk85pvIZOklBk0Rk3sQsD5L4Bs9KLEW6nrQDw63isw