1 2
monsterbronco
monsterbronco New Reader
7/1/10 8:38 a.m.

Did you buy a kit to convert the car or did you build your own?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just starting to do the research on this topic.

Thanks, Wes

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
7/1/10 11:41 a.m.

hey you could just relay up a temperature switch to control when the fuel switches over, not sure the temp ranges but it cant be all that difficult, right?

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
7/1/10 12:28 p.m.
monsterbronco wrote: Did you buy a kit to convert the car or did you build your own? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just starting to do the research on this topic. Thanks, Wes

I was going to build my own kit. After months of research into good quality components and the like I realized that I was going to buy the same parts that are in the kits and not save a penny. There are 2 major companies out there selling kits. Greasecar (my kit) and Frybrid. Greasecar is good components but Frybrid has amazing quality!! They are almost twice the price but I honestly thing it's worth it. I just started working again after the better part of two years living off the gubment so I just couldn't swing the extra coin.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
7/1/10 12:29 p.m.
Tetzuoe wrote: hey you could just relay up a temperature switch to control when the fuel switches over, not sure the temp ranges but it cant be all that difficult, right?

Yeah you can do that. I haven't looked into it real hardcore yet. Both major companies sell a "co-pilot" type thing that can do the switching automatically for you.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/10 12:29 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Anything remotely like "restaurant smell" is better then diesel every day in my book, but don't be suprised if you pick up some hungry tailgaters.

or fat chicks...

chuckles
chuckles New Reader
7/2/10 8:15 a.m.

Somebody told me you can buy brand new vegetable oil cheaper than diesel. Any truth to that? Seems unlikely.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
7/2/10 5:42 p.m.
chuckles wrote: Somebody told me you can buy brand new vegetable oil cheaper than diesel. Any truth to that? Seems unlikely.

I don't think so. I think a buddy checked it out and it was about $3.00 a gallon.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill Dork
7/2/10 6:52 p.m.
chuckles wrote: Somebody told me you can buy brand new vegetable oil cheaper than diesel. Any truth to that? Seems unlikely.

I think that was true a couple of years ago when petroleum got so expensive.

monsterbronco
monsterbronco New Reader
8/24/10 9:34 a.m.

ok bringing this topic back.

how do you filter your waste oil?

thanks

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nTimtgXlIkCLNv5laDGhzA24Q7a0d9wvv2JENmwOWN2uHC7fzEzixd0mVDVqz1Hs