1 2
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/11/24 7:17 p.m.

In the early 2000s I was working at a home in Jacksonville beaches area.  They had a 64.5 Mustang in the garage.  The husband made sure I knew it was the wife's car so she and I talked about it for a bit.  I told her that my Dad always wanted one.  During that conversation I noticed she had a pretty deep southern accent and asked where she was from.  She was from Anderson, SC the same town my Dad grew up in.  Turns out they went to high school together 40 years earlier.

Fast forward about 10 years and I was working in another house.  The guy was an artist and had a lot of cool paintings so he and I spent some time talking about them.   I noticed one had a palmetto flag in it so I asked him about it.  He said he was from the Charleston area.  We talked about Charleston for a while and then just randomly he said he went to Baptist College (now Charleston Southern) and was in fact part of the first graduating class from there.  I said wow that's weird as my Dad was also part of the first graduating class from Baptist College.  Turns out they were on the track team together.

My first supervisor at that company had a wife.  There was a party where I met her.  Don't remember how it came up but we shared an exact birthday down to the year.  I asked where she was born and she said Charleston, same as me.  What hospital?  St. Francis the same as me.  Turns out we were 2 rooms apart in the maternity ward.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/11/24 10:20 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I lost two of them in a 20km loop. I couldn't believe I found the first one.  Today I jumped off the tractor to change a sign and there was #2 at my feet. Where it was didn't make a great deal of sense 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
baDqy0SLnkWJ3SK00AuK979z9FIjHIuL4OT9BN4EpGkzDGnCzXWBrasnkDBltcdO