Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
9/26/12 6:55 a.m.

Or you could have your brain shorted by EMP! I bet that is pretty unpleasant.

Wired:

In 1998, a secret Army intelligence analysis suggested a new way to take out enemies: blast them with electromagnetic energy until their brains overload and they start to convulse. Amazingly, it was an idea inspired by a Pokemon episode.

Application of “electromagnetic pulses” could force neurons to all fire at once, causing a “disruption of voluntary muscle control,” reads a description of a proposed seizure weapon, contained in a declassified document from the Army’s National Ground Intelligence Center. “It is thought by using a method that would actually trigger nerve synapses directly with an electrical field, essentially 100% of individuals would be susceptible to seizure induction.”

Rest of Article

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
9/26/12 7:56 a.m.

As I understand it, there are some people considering the installation of metal roofing on their homes. By doing so, they would have what amounts to a great big tinfoil hat without having to bear the social stigma.

9/26/12 8:01 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: As I understand it, there are some people considering the installation of metal roofing on their homes. By doing so, they would have what amounts to a great big tinfoil hat without having to bear the social stigma.

Stigma? Are you kidding me? I've been looking for a reason to wear this:

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
9/26/12 8:07 a.m.

In reply to 1988RedT2:

Your comment in timely, since my roof was recently damaged by hail. But then again, it also dented my truck, so maybe a metal roof isn't the best idea after all...

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
9/26/12 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Well, I'll admit that your hat is a tad bit cooler than the average tinfoil hat.

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz Reader
9/26/12 9:31 a.m.
Application of “electromagnetic pulses” could force neurons to all fire at once, causing a “disruption of voluntary muscle control,” reads a description of a proposed seizure weapon, contained in a declassified document from the Army’s National Ground Intelligence Center.

So in theory the opposition might all need to change their pants?

sachilles
sachilles Dork
9/26/12 9:38 a.m.

I think this may have evolved into an actual non lethal weapon. I remember seeing an article recently that a new non-lethal weapon was being tested that behaves similarly, but it actually generates a feeling of extreme warmth in a human body without actually burning folks. Intended to disperse crowds by making it be too unpleasant to be around.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
9/26/12 9:56 a.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: As I understand it, there are some people considering the installation of metal roofing on their homes. By doing so, they would have what amounts to a great big tinfoil hat without having to bear the social stigma.

Uh so wait...what does it mean that my entire house is metal and so is the roof of my shop?

Gasoline
Gasoline Dork
9/26/12 10:01 a.m.

http://timothytrespas.wordpress.com/2012/04/10/electro-magnetic-force-meter-an-iphone-app-used-to-measure-secret-government-microwave-mind-control-death-ray/

Electro-Magnetic Force Meter, an IPhone app, used to measure secret government microwave Mind-Control / Death Ray…

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
9/26/12 10:05 a.m.

I wonder how many government projects have been kept hidden by a simple application of paranoia in the right quarters.

9/26/12 10:07 a.m.
Gasoline wrote:

I thought that was Neil Peart's old drum kit.

EDIT: Fixed for correct band member and to avoid embarrassment pointed out by Duke.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/12 10:54 a.m.

Tinfoil hats don't work anyways, science proves it:

http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

Duke
Duke PowerDork
9/26/12 11:47 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
Gasoline wrote:
I thought that was Geddy Lee's old drum kit.

That would be Neal Peart. Here's Geddy:

9/26/12 11:59 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

DOH!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltraDork
9/26/12 12:05 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Tinfoil hats don't work anyways, science proves it: http://berkeley.intel-research.net/arahimi/helmet/

That's just what THEY want you to believe! If THEY ridicule the tinfoil hat, they can convince people not to wear them. THEY don't want people thwarting their efforts at mind control. Fact is, the tinfoil hats DO work, and they are a cheap, effective way to invalidate BILLIONS of dollars that THEY have spent to control your mind!

Hope this helps.

And seriously, who could attach any significance to research that comes out of a place called "Berkeley?" Laughable!

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon HalfDork
9/26/12 12:53 p.m.

This makes me think of the south park episode where the boys are searching for the brown note. The magical pitch that makes people crap their pants involuntarily.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/26/12 8:36 p.m.
sachilles wrote: I think this may have evolved into an actual non lethal weapon. I remember seeing an article recently that a new non-lethal weapon was being tested that behaves similarly, but it actually generates a feeling of extreme warmth in a human body without actually burning folks. Intended to disperse crowds by making it be too unpleasant to be around.

Isn't that a powerful microwave? When I was a radar tech, we would sometimes accidentally cook small animals with the more focused beams.

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/26/12 8:39 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Stigma? Are you kidding me? I've been looking for a reason to wear this:

Does it come in that lovely shade of green that matches the Boss Mustang that Lesley showed us?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/26/12 8:48 p.m.

An EMP is naturally part of a nuclear blast. The power has been harnessed and it is possible to create an EMP blast now. It is not felt by the body, but a massive one has never been set off, so I'm glad I'm on anti-convulsants. My suggestion for the rest of you, expect sore muscles for a few days and day one, I suggest as little movement as possible.

There are many ideas on what an EMP would do. A pinch was used in Oceans 11. Probably not a good idea of what it would be like, because it will fry most small electronics. Cars are "tested" for "EMPs" with lighting bolts. They shock the E36 M3 out of a car with more power than an EMP could boost. The problem? That's not really known by civilians.

As a prepper, an EMP is, I believe, the most likely weapon to be used against our country. It would explode miles above the country. It would effect many electronics across the country and almost all electronics in the Ozark Mountains in Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas.

A Faraday Cage is the only thing that a pulse cant pierce. A house with a metal roof and metal siding and a metal floor sealed up would essentially be a Faraday Cage.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZDO1IuOkTLwPAKwmFYb3f6RSLZki2WM8GU2n2CLcTzX6MvzheuRpC514TAXI5CI3