fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
3/24/24 2:21 p.m.

I'm not a bball fan at all but I'm hooked on Madness. That's some good ball. Kids playing their hearts out. Haven't seen a bad game yet.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
3/24/24 3:08 p.m.

My kids went to Marquette, so we are huge fans of the Golden Eagles. Before that, we always watched the Madness as much as we could

dxman92
dxman92 SuperDork
3/24/24 5:03 p.m.

I've watched a few minutes of a game here and there but not a full one. Watching that player from U of Vermont hyper extend his knee in the closing minutes in their first round game was tough to watch.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/24/24 6:58 p.m.

My son is into it, watching how his bracket does.  I watch a game here and there.  High quality b'ball.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/24/24 7:04 p.m.

Iowa State and Creighton Games. I'm a few miles from creighton's campus and spent 3 years in Ames. Been good so far. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/24 7:28 p.m.

UConn grad here. Go Huskies! (But not those other Huskies).

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/24/24 7:35 p.m.

Nope. Looking forward to the English premier league coming back from international break next weekend. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
3/24/24 7:43 p.m.

My alma mater is division I for only one sport - hockey. RIT is going to the NCAA tournament after winning the Atlantic Hockey Association title. Go Tigers.

Ranger50
Ranger50 MegaDork
3/24/24 8:04 p.m.

Not really.

Gary
Gary UberDork
3/24/24 8:06 p.m.

I'm not interested.

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
3/24/24 8:23 p.m.

Clemson just upset Baylor. Go Tigers once again. Been some tight games.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/24/24 8:30 p.m.

Hoping Oakland could have won yesterday to get to the sweet 16. And this board should have a soft sport for them, as OU allows clubs to auto cross on their lots. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
3/24/24 10:17 p.m.

Not a  great sportsball fan but ,with 2 degrees from UNC, I follow them.  I hope they go all the way and that NC State does well.  Anxiously anticipating Dooks defeat by any other team.

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
3/24/24 10:27 p.m.

My son and his wife are both NC State grads and we are visiting them. So we are watching. 

Rise
Rise Big House
3/25/24 8:19 a.m.

ttt

Rise
Rise Big House
3/25/24 8:20 a.m.

tt

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/25/24 9:23 a.m.

I have not, but my sons HS Division I basketball team made it to the Ohio State final for on Saturday, but that is as far as it went unfortunately. 

Lost by 1 point in the last 15 seconds. 

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/24 10:27 a.m.

I'm am not a basketball fan. 

That said, I live in Raleigh, and everybody is talking about the tournament. The checkout people at the supermarket are listening to it on the radio. Display TVs at Costco are turned to it. It's a fever in this area, especially since all three of the local teams are in the tournament. The closeness of the competition in some of the games is making for electrifying games.

NC State's run to the ACC title and their work in the NCAA tournament so far has won my appreciation. This has nothing to do with the fact that that is where my wife went. I am not under any sort of duress at all.  Go Pack!

... --- ...

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast Reader
3/25/24 5:59 p.m.

Well, it's been said Shaka Smart is overrated as a coach cause he can't get to the second weekend. Marquette on to the second weekend. Nice to have our point guard back healthy after an oblique injury. Being a fan of this team, it's cool to hear a coach with as much enthusiasm as Smart has for his guys. Can't help but get caught up in it. 

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
3/25/24 7:16 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

UConn grad here. Go Huskies! (But not those other Huskies).

Class of 19...never mind.  Before Storrs became cosmopolitan.

Big Geno Auriemma fan here.  

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/25/24 7:21 p.m.

I root for the local team to get knocked out early (or not even make it in, like this year) because I don't want to listen to the nonstop media coverage. So, no.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jMIcrwVfu9NL6UiYcK798VIWWip4vlubVYvDn21qnSRbLqTEy73Ec0xkxVxoaXyW