carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/4/10 6:58 p.m.

I've said for years McDs burgers aren't real meat, they are just cardboard soaked in grease. Or at least that's what they taste like. Come to find out I wasn't all that off base.

Here's a 1996 burger that looks as "good" as new http://bestofmotherearth.com/2008/09/24/1996-mcdonalds-hamburger.html

And here's one that was photographed every day for 137 days and still looked the same http://www.good.is/post/mcdonald-s-hamburgers-don-t-age

That lump in your belly is a burger you ate years ago.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
9/4/10 7:03 p.m.

I read it on the Internet, so it must be true!

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/4/10 7:08 p.m.

Oh my god! They have found the fountain of youth. Or at least preservation. And they aren't sharing it.

The real scary part is the 12 year old one probably tastes just as good a new one. Yuck.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/4/10 8:31 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Oh my god! They have found the fountain of youth. Or at least preservation. And they aren't sharing it. The real scary part is the 12 year old one probably tastes just as good a new one. Yuck.

I wouldn't say tastes as good, I'd say tastes the same.

Hocrest
Hocrest Reader
9/4/10 9:19 p.m.

So if I eat enough of that crap I won't age either??

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/10 9:41 p.m.
Hocrest wrote: So if I eat enough of that crap I won't age either??

I had a grandmother that lived to 99 on a daily dose of Little Debbie oatmeal pies. We always said the preservatives were what was keeping her in such good shape. Tough old lady. I still miss her.

Edit: To answer your question, no. You'll probably have a heart attack before you have a chance to age.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/4/10 9:44 p.m.

When the apocalypse comes I know where the find food that never spoils.

xd
xd Reader
9/5/10 10:40 a.m.

It's not meat they use worms as filler. I forget the scientific term for it, but their filler is ground up worms.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Reader
9/5/10 11:22 a.m.

The secret to longevity is to be fried. Preferably deep-fried.

chuckles
chuckles New Reader
9/5/10 11:47 a.m.

"Maybe the preservatives in your food are preserving you." Grace Slick.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Reader
9/5/10 12:56 p.m.
chuckles wrote: "Maybe the preservatives in your food are preserving you." Grace Slick.

Did Grace really say that?

Always been a big fan.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
9/5/10 2:26 p.m.

on the other hand, their angus burgers aren't too bad

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
9/5/10 2:38 p.m.
xd wrote: It's not meat they use worms as filler. I forget the scientific term for it, but their filler is ground up worms.

Ever seen the prices at the local bait shop? A quarter pound of worms would set you back more than a quarter pounder.

spriteracer
spriteracer New Reader
9/5/10 4:38 p.m.

McDonalds is the biggest importer of beef rectums in the U.S. The high blood content helps keep the other "beef" together on the grill. Chile is the biggest exporter of cow ass in the world.

rmarkc
rmarkc Reader
9/5/10 4:47 p.m.
Grtechguy wrote: on the other hand, their angus burgers aren't too bad

I tried one of the bacon ones and it tasted like a quarter pounder with bacon. I wasn't impressed.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
9/5/10 4:59 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: McDonalds is the biggest importer of beef rectums in the U.S. The high blood content helps keep the other "beef" together on the grill. Chile is the biggest exporter of cow ass in the world.

First it was eyeballs and now its shiny happy people. Snopes says eyeballs are false, give them time, they will show shiny happy people to be a myth as well.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/5/10 6:06 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: McDonalds is the biggest importer of beef rectums in the U.S. The high blood content helps keep the other "beef" together on the grill. Chile is the biggest exporter of cow ass in the world.

So what you're trying to say is they sell angus beef and anus beef.

carguy123
carguy123 SuperDork
9/5/10 9:39 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
So what you're trying to say is they sell angus beef and anus beef.

Well there's proof of the angus and anus, but the jury is out on the beef part.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
9/6/10 12:51 p.m.

I had a 3rd grade teacher announce to the class that McDonald's wasn't allowed to use the word "milk" in their shakes because they didn't use milk at all.

I had been to McDonald's not two days before hand and watched them pour a huge container that said "2% Milk" into the milkshake machine.

When I raised my hand and told her of what I saw, she said that wasn't really milk, they just did that to fool us.

That was when I started to realized that just because they were an adult, did not make them smarter.....

It's easy, you don't like (or don't like what you think) McDonald's puts in their food? Don't eat there.

Beef jerky (which has been made for 1000's of years) will "stay" out in the open even longer than the above food. Last time I checked, they didn't have preservatives in them (besides salt and air....)

-Rob

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MYlsKqBYjsz60lF9dEHXA5GDKJKf3ukdEtjpeg3uLw7JO03B8myNq92LMTsizkxC