1 ... 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 ... 2015
jfryjfry
jfryjfry UltraDork
6/12/24 7:59 p.m.

In reply to Datsun240ZGuy :

Make sure none of the bills are counterfeit!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
6/12/24 8:55 p.m.

Sidney Crosby (the cat) passed on this afternoon. I'm not a cat person, but it was hard not liking the worlds best cat. Godspeed Crosby. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/12/24 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Sorry to hear that. May Sidney always have a box and some catnip in his next life.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/24 9:12 a.m.

I needed a caliper seal repair kit for my 1997 Jetta.   The car had a stuck slide pin because the boot for the pin was torn.

And THIS is what I find as a repair kit.  Right.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 9:54 a.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Are you saying the caliper seal kit should come with the slide boots? I don't know that I've ever seen that.

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/13/24 12:30 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

Yes, that is what I was expecting.   Some of the sites listed the aforementioned kit as "everything you need to rebuild your caliper".  I was and still am expecting too much.  Live and learn.  

2002 Acura TL.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
6/13/24 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Noddaz :

Search for a 'brake caliper bushing kit'. At least that's what Napa in Canada calls it, but we don't list for that unit for me to get you a number.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
6/13/24 3:23 p.m.

We pay these people, a LOT, for entertainment. We want to be entertained. We want something to distract or motivate or whatever. We don't pay them for personal views or opinions or advice. What ever happened to class? 

As demonstrated by the King:

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/13/24 3:38 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

That wasn't class, he was so wasted he didn't know what else to say

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
6/13/24 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Peabody :

Possible, but "I'm just an entertainer," is a stance I'd like to see more of. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
6/13/24 4:12 p.m.

I agree.

The problem is not so much what they say, but the people that think what they say matters.

I don't understand celebrity culture.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/13/24 4:28 p.m.

On the flip side, if you're passionate about something and have a platform to share it on, are you really going to go silent? It's our right as humans to share what we feel and believe. If you don't want to hear it, tune it out.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 4:32 p.m.

Heck a bunch of people (some of them here) like to pontificate on political or other non car things they are passionate about. I am not even complaining about it.  I don't see why Lebron (or insert any other famous person) should have to shut their mouths about a topic when the general population seems to have diarrhea of the mouth and that's ok.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/13/24 4:36 p.m.

They absolutely shouldn't have to shut their mouths.  Celebrities have First Amendment rights just like anyone else.

But people shouldn't give that opinion any more weight just because it's coming from a celebrity - especially if it is a topic totally outside the celebrity's field of expertise.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/13/24 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Agree 100%

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/13/24 8:49 p.m.

Now, if Doplh Lundgren starts giving his opinion about chemical engineering, I'm probably going to take what he says seriously.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
6/13/24 8:57 p.m.

To the random gas station I stopped at today, a $1.50 difference between 87 octane and 93 is a straight cash grab.  Your only saving grace was that it was less than the $2.00 difference the station across the street had that I refused to give my business.    

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/24 9:18 p.m.

Tire size math is ducking annoying

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/13/24 9:38 p.m.

Rant:  The SUM that I bought on eBay was bad, no communication, and seller isn't responding.

Win:  I could finagle a new 5vref for the old one that communicates but had a dead 5vref circuit.

Rant:  The right rear ride height sensor is bad.  That's probably what blew the 5vref driver.

I gave up last night and left my tools in the car.

Rant:  Family bought a new dryer before I had a chance to fix the old one.

Rant:  The dryer people farked up the screen door shock absorber thingee.  Not as bad as the time the tree people destroyed our neighbor's hedges by driving their truck right on over them, but still.

Win:  Using the wire stripper and a multitool, both left in the car in disgust last night, I unbent the shock absorber thingee's pin and straightened the bracket so I could reinstall it.

I think this still averages out to a rant.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
6/13/24 11:08 p.m.

My brother in law is among the most frustrating people that I have to deal with. Look up Dunning-Kruger and you'll see his picture. 

There was a Garrison Keillor News From Lake Wobegon where he mentions the price you pay simply for being competent. I pay that price on the regular, and I'm not even competent. He's just so incompetent that I look like Superman in comparison. It's berkeleying exhausting. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/13/24 11:33 p.m.

Order a T-stat housing gasket with a bunch of stuff last February for a 1972 Datsun 240Z.  Putting the engine back together I see it's the wrong gasket.  

A minor rant cause I passed the first goal (Make a Gasket") in my Automotive Tech vocational class in 11th Grade so this is not a problem.  

Good news is I work for a manufacturer that sells sheets of gaskets for industrial plants but the bad news is I don't have one sample piece under my roof.  

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
6/14/24 6:54 a.m.

Ordered some pants on Amazon a few days ago. Along with display for a ticket stub, they were both arriving yesterday. Got the notice and found a tiny envelope, only the display. Checked Amazon, said pants by 10pm. At 10:02pm Amazon said "oops we actually never shipped them".

Today they said arriving today. Just picked them up from the front step, not only didn't put in any type of packaging, but didn't even seal the bag.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
6/14/24 8:13 a.m.

USPS... again.

Ordered a couple things we needed with delivery to the track in Grand Junction where we would be for two days.  Original delivery was supposed to be the day before we arrived.  Got bumped back to the day we arrived.  Never showed up and tracking showed "unable to deliver, no secure location to leave package'.  At a business that was OPEN at the time of the attempted delivery...  USPS required us to reschedule the delivery or return to sender, so we rescheduled for the following day.  No delivery attempt, and the package has been scanned back in Denver...  and we're leaving today.

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
6/14/24 8:31 a.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

We pay these people, a LOT, for entertainment. We want to be entertained. We want something to distract or motivate or whatever. We don't pay them for personal views or opinions or advice. What ever happened to class? 

As demonstrated by the King:

He is asked "Do you think other entertainers should keep their views to themselves too?"

He immediately responds, "No. I can't even say that."

You're right that these are people. People have opinions. Telling entertainers to be silent about their opinions because that's not their job is the same as telling anyone to be silent about their opinions.

If you don't like what they have to say, you are free to ignore them.

I started saying that I don't put more stake in what entertainers have to say, but I actually take that back. Art has always been and will always be one of the best avenues for expressing ideas and urging people to think and question. Art has tremendous power to focus people's attention on important events and make them care.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/14/24 8:55 a.m.

The music ain't loud enough in the coffee ain't strong enough to get my ass in a good place this morning. This entire week is just been one repeated kick in the dick. I will say that my wife and I finally got to go out for our anniversary that we've been trying to do since March so that was a good point for the week. And I sold the Subaru and a bunch of Miata parts. So I guess overall you know we're back to a zero. But today is going to be a 12-hour day and the coffee just ain't berkeleying working

1 ... 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 ... 2015

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tyOONxzKFQhM883cgIb7qJDHTGlO87xlMnqrI3p8HFukM6yHY4R7nWJFNA1s19Zf