1 ... 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2015
NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/20/24 1:45 p.m.

I have had 5 days of business travel in my last 8 working days. All good part of the deal, I am currently 6 hours into trying to do the expense reports. My company uses Concur and they have recently changed the settings (which I never saw or was trained in). I had 2 calls to the help desk and it is just taking FOREVER. Probably not a great use of employee time, but now all expenses are allocated by the employee for each transaction so we got that going for us.

In reply to pkingham (Forum Supporter) :

It is indeed the hybrid.

It has been discovered that the battery management system (BMS) is set to only charge the 12v battery up to 80%. This is easy to change using ForScan, I just haven't done it yet. When the battery died the first time, it was the morning after I drove 45 miles home from work the night before. I turned off all of the Ford telematics and disabled the Ford Pass app. The truck would constantly search for a cell network to transmit the telematic data. I thought this fixed it because it didn't happen again for like 9 months.

The second time it was dead, it was when I had covid and didn't drive it for a week which is kinda understandable.

Each time this happens, I reset the BMS which what a lot of Maverick Truck Club members recommend doing.

This is not how I wanted to start my day :(

pkingham (Forum Supporter)
pkingham (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/20/24 2:49 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

It's disappointing to hear Ford's still having these problems.  Other than the battery issue, we've been happy with the C-Max.  

In reply to pkingham (Forum Supporter) :

Everyone I know who has a C-Max loves it.

The assumption was that since the hybrid system in the Maverick is nearly identical to the Escape hybrid, which has proven itself to be extremely reliable, the Maverick would have the same reliability. But sadly that's not the case.

I have a stack of open recalls that I'm not going to have performed:

The PCM reprogram has caused dozens of hybrid Mavericks to suddenly lose power and go into limp mode. Ford issued another recall for another PCM update to fix the previous fix. I'm going to wait until there are no more reported issues on the reflash before I take mine in.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/20/24 3:44 p.m.

In reply to NY Nick :

Ah, Concur. Yeah, it sucks. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/20/24 6:08 p.m.

Why does Apples streaming service suck so bad? It seems like it might just be Silo but the sound disappears randomly.

Which sucks because I'm very interested in this series

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/24 6:39 p.m.
stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) said:

I drove yesterday and it was fine. This is the OEM battery that is less than 16 months old. I missed an appointment today because of this. The Maverick forums are rife with complaints about the OEM Ford 12v battery. This is the 3rd time since buying the truck in April 2023 that the 12v battery has gone dead in a matter of hours for no reason.

Luckily the Advance around the corner has a T4 Diehard Gold battery in stock. Ford owes me $241 because they can't manufacture an OEM battery worth a E36 M3.

At least Ford seems to have gotten over the phase where the battery case would split four ways around the positive terminal, destroying the cable end with battery acid.

So many Focus batteries.  So many.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/21/24 9:13 a.m.

My work truck is stupid tall. I am not. So I use a bucket with a lid to get in and out of the bed. Stepping out of the bed this morning the lid of the bucket gave way. Twisted my ankle that's been rebuilt with screws and epoxy and such. Hurts like a mother berkeleyer. At least I didn't get cut cuz I wear mid calf high steel toe boots for work

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/21/24 10:14 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Ow, glad it wasn't worse.  Modern pickups are berking ridiculous in size, particularly height.

My BIL stepped badly off of the tailgate of one of his work pickups (he ran a hardscaping / landscaping business).  Berked himself up pretty good.  I'm very glad that didn't happen to you.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/24 10:31 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

My work truck is stupid tall. I am not. So I use a bucket with a lid to get in and out of the bed. Stepping out of the bed this morning the lid of the bucket gave way. Twisted my ankle that's been rebuilt with screws and epoxy and such. Hurts like a mother berkeleyer. At least I didn't get cut cuz I wear mid calf high steel toe boots for work

(no offense meant, my girlfriend is just always saying this phrase so it's burned into my brain.)

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/24 10:39 a.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to NY Nick :

Ah, Concur. Yeah, it sucks. 

I concur.

Puddy46
Puddy46 Reader
6/21/24 10:52 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

Totally stealing this.  

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/24 5:12 p.m.

If you're one of those people who think salt and mayonnaise are to spicy, do the rest of us a favor AND STAY THE berkeley OUT OF THE ASIAN RESTAURANTS. 

in less than a month you've ruined a perfectly awesome new small business in town by complaining about the heat levels. Grow a palate, or keep eating your bread and butter. Quit ruining good things for the rest of us. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
6/21/24 5:49 p.m.

Since you're not supposed to use glyphosate to kill weeds because it kills bees, I've got a nice friendly propane blowtorch to do the job.  Used it today for a while until the combined heat of summer and the blowtorch got to be too much.   You'd like to think that this flamethrower would make short work of weeds, but those things take a pretty good while to burn up.  Crabgrass/wiregrass is the worst!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
6/21/24 9:23 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

When I went from a GMT400 to a GMT900, the first time I tried to do a running leap into the bed (which I used to do no problem on the old truck) I about stabbed my shins on the tailgate. I hate climbing in and out of the bed of the thing, to the point where, if I decide to keep the truck for awhile, I have strongly considered lowering it.  The four wheel drive is a necessity; 2 feet of ground clearance, not so much.  Mrs. vCH is 62 inches tall, and needs every grab handle to wrangle her way up into the cab. 

If I wanted a monster truck, I'd have bought berkeleying combine tires. 

TheRyGuy
TheRyGuy Reader
6/22/24 7:45 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

When I went from a GMT400 to a GMT900, the first time I tried to do a running leap into the bed (which I used to do no problem on the old truck) I about stabbed my shins on the tailgate. I hate climbing in and out of the bed of the thing, to the point where, if I decide to keep the truck for awhile, I have strongly considered lowering it.  The four wheel drive is a necessity; 2 feet of ground clearance, not so much.  Mrs. vCH is 62 inches tall, and needs every grab handle to wrangle her way up into the cab. 

If I wanted a monster truck, I'd have bought berkeleying combine tires. 

I hate how tall the tailgate is on my wife's 3/4 ton gmt900, so I got a piece of 2" square tube, about 3 feet long, and stick it in the hitch receiver to use as a step. When done with it, it's easy to just toss it in the bed.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/22/24 7:57 a.m.

In reply to TheRyGuy :

I'm going to have to try that that's genius

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
6/22/24 9:20 a.m.

On Monday, a huge tree limb fell on my brand new roof and put a big hole in it. Last night at 130am, another huge limb came down. It missed the house but took out our electric and internet lines. We had an excellent response time from out local police and fire departments blocking off the street and a power company lineman arrived in under 30 minutes. He verified that our weatherhead was undamged so he pulled the wires out from under the limb and had us hooked up and the power back on in under two hours. 

No complaints about any of that.

However, I am very worried about my 100+ year old trees and what future havoc they may have in store for me. I love the trees and cannot imagine my house without them but I'm very afraid of keeping them at this point.

Is anyone on here an arborist in the greater Pittsburgh area?

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/22/24 10:15 a.m.

I've been banned from a Facebook group for not being respectful of other members inane comments. This is the first time that I've been banned since Corner Carvers dropped the hammer 22 years ago. It's like Patton Oswalt says: You don't have to respect everyone's beliefs. You have to acknowledge their beliefs, then you should be free to tell them how stupid  those positions are.

It's okay to say dumb things. It's a vice that we all participate in. But if you couple lack of thought with mean-spiritedness, the results can be pretty ugly. And perhaps banning the guy for pointing this out, rather than the original poster who polluted the air in the first place isn't the way to build a strong community.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
6/22/24 10:38 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to TheRyGuy :

I'm going to have to try that that's genius

Agreed. Also, iirc the piece of square tube in an engine hoist is 2"...

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/22/24 3:20 p.m.

I've been semi-serious about cycling since I was in my teens. I'm in a new town, and see groups of cyclists riding about. It looks fun and social. I also have stats from the gym. Maybe I should get an idea as to whether I could join the club without embarrassing myself?

I've somehow never actually tried benchmarking my numbers against sporting resources on the internet. I am so disgusted right now. I didn't think I'd be even a Cat 5 rider, but I'm not on the damned chart. I'm not even an acheviable distance from the chart. I've been working out. This E36 M3 is literally berkeleying impossible.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
6/22/24 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Mike (Forum Supporter) :

If it's any solace, I used to train on a bike 6 days a week and the best race finish I could muster is mid-pack. I guarantee you that everyone isn't a hotshoe. There are plenty of us clydesdales.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/22/24 4:31 p.m.

Remember how Mr. Miyagi told Daniel-san, must have balance? Not just karate, WHOLE life.

I've managed to balance out road tripping to pick up Murdercycle 2.0 with a whole lot of expensive bullE36 M3 this week.

Whole life balance.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
6/23/24 11:45 a.m.

So some virus has made it's way into Chrome, and it keeps diverting my searches through Yahoo (Yes I've gone into settings and made sure that Google has itself listed as the search engine). With all the resources that Google has, why won't it fix itself? And can anyone explain the nature of the scam to me? What is to be gained by inserting an inferior search engine? Spyware?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/23/24 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Kreb (Forum Supporter) :

I'm guessing the scam operator has made themselves a Yahoo affiliate, and gets a cut of the revenue from every Yahoo search they force you into. Yahoo doesn't know or care how that traffic got to them. I recently saw an article about the amount of dangerous crap in the Chrome web store, and Google just bragged that installs from the Chrome web store containing malware had fallen to below 1% as if that's something to be proud of:

https://www.theregister.com/2024/06/23/google_chrome_web_store_vetting/

1 ... 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 ... 2015

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFOaavtvZOC0jwulEjAbrTl1JBnA93d1zBt0LWlKcmaRjvxSedcqZlrQZjhoTKbw