1 ... 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 ... 2016
Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/24 9:02 a.m.

My perfect timing strikes again- went to have my ADHD meds refilled last week and was informed by my usual pharmacy that they were out of them and hadn't been able to get a new shipment in for a while. So now I'm scrambling to try and find another pharmacy in town that can fill the prescription- at the beginning of show week for The Dancer's non-profit where I probably have the most stuff to try and juggle getting done for everything to happen properly.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/8/24 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Try Costco

wae
wae UltimaDork
7/8/24 11:32 a.m.
jmabarone said:

Re: passing the same car repeatedly.  My wife thinks I get too frustrated by it but the person that I've passed 5 times will screw me behind a truck when they pass me back the 6th time.  

This has about a 99.44% chance of happening. 

I know that I'm not doing crimes in the left lane and I only want to do maybe 6mph over the limit.  I also don't really care if you want to fly along at 50mph over the limit on the highway if you think you have enough license for that.  So when I see that I'm approaching slower traffic in my lane, I will look back in the left lane and if you're booking it, I'll slow down and wait for you to go by before I commence my pass so that you can get on with your day.  If, however, you're someone that I have passed over and over again because you alternate between 20mph over the limit and 30 mph under the limit, there is a 100% chance that I will pull out right in front of you so that you can't get in front of me before we get to that slower traffic.  You have already proven that once you get alongside that truck or whatever, you're going to start shedding speed and I'm not all that excited to get tricked by you a second time.

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
7/8/24 11:36 a.m.
wae said:
jmabarone said:

Re: passing the same car repeatedly.  My wife thinks I get too frustrated by it but the person that I've passed 5 times will screw me behind a truck when they pass me back the 6th time.  

This has about a 99.44% chance of happening. 

I know that I'm not doing crimes in the left lane and I only want to do maybe 6mph over the limit.  I also don't really care if you want to fly along at 50mph over the limit on the highway if you think you have enough license for that.  So when I see that I'm approaching slower traffic in my lane, I will look back in the left lane and if you're booking it, I'll slow down and wait for you to go by before I commence my pass so that you can get on with your day.  If, however, you're someone that I have passed over and over again because you alternate between 20mph over the limit and 30 mph under the limit, there is a 100% chance that I will pull out right in front of you so that you can't get in front of me before we get to that slower traffic.  You have already proven that once you get alongside that truck or whatever, you're going to start shedding speed and I'm not all that excited to get tricked by you a second time.

Amen brother

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
7/8/24 11:43 a.m.

Every time I'm in a multiple lane traffic situation on surface streets and I think to myself, "Meh, I'll just stay in this lane behind this car, I'm not in a hurry", said car ends up riding their brakes/ driving 5 under the limit/ causing me to hit every berkeleying red light. 

Nope.  Screw it.  If I can pass you safely, I'm going to.  Every car in my rearview mirror is one less potential problem I have to manage.  

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/8/24 12:06 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Check the valve stem and the rim seal.  If they slammed tires onto corroded rims, they'll leak.  If they didn't replace the valve stem or change the gasket on a metal TPMS, it will also probably leak.

I have also seen defective new valve stems where the little gasket that seals the valve is bad.

Good thoughts, but turns out it's just a poopy cooper. 

so I'll have a new tire tomorrow. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/8/24 12:47 p.m.
mtn said:

Try Costco

Thanks- I'll keep that in mind for down the line, but it turns out that the pharmacy that's part of the clinic my doctor is at had some, so while it's not as convenient as my usual pharmacy I can make it work.

wae
wae UltimaDork
7/8/24 1:02 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I don't think it's supposed to look like that....

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/8/24 1:05 p.m.

Seen a lot of berkeleyed up tires.  Never one doin that.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/8/24 1:26 p.m.

That picture is with 13lbs in it. It's odd for sure. And if I had bought them under normal circumstances I'm sure the manufacturer would take care of it, but it wasn't normal circumstances so I'm on my own. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/8/24 2:06 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
mtn said:

Try Costco

Thanks- I'll keep that in mind for down the line, but it turns out that the pharmacy that's part of the clinic my doctor is at had some, so while it's not as convenient as my usual pharmacy I can make it work.

Awesome. It is a huge pain. I've been going without/very sparingly the past few months just because of the cost, but Costco is the only place that consistently has Vyvanse/generic in stock around me. 

The independent pharmacist I go to for everything else hasn't had any in stock for 4+ months, and has nothing encouraging for the near future. Same with the local CVS. (This info all 6 weeks old and obviously very localized). 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/8/24 2:33 p.m.

I've been next to useless today. Really trying to get into high gear but stuck in 4 low. Hope tomorrow is better. 

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/8/24 2:34 p.m.

Bonus rant. I either need to pay someone $600 to tune my truck or sell it. I've never gotten it to run right and it's basically unusable to me. I don't have hours to tech myself how to tune at this point in my life. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/8/24 2:42 p.m.
barefootcyborg5000 said:

That picture is with 13lbs in it. It's odd for sure. And if I had bought them under normal circumstances I'm sure the manufacturer would take care of it, but it wasn't normal circumstances so I'm on my own.

Likely cut the bead installing, or if they were used, coming apart.  Once the rubber holding the steel cable in is cut enough, the outer rubber can slip off it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/8/24 3:03 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

Either way you need to tune it.  No one is gonna pay anywhere near a decent price if it doesn't run right.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
7/8/24 7:06 p.m.

Lazy smokers are terrible people. I just had to clean up a bunch of butts around a campfire ring because some previous camper could not be bothered to make sure his butts made it into the pit. Less than a foot away from where they ended up. There same people left trash in the pit too. As if it is so very much effort to take it to the bin on the way out. 

Why can't people clean up after themselves!?!??

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/24 7:12 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:
barefootcyborg5000 said:

Likely cut the bead installing, or if they were used, coming apart.  Once the rubber holding the steel cable in is cut enough, the outer rubber can slip off it.

It's easy to say that, but I hasten to add that this would be the third new Cooper that I have seen fail this way this year.

Their tires are not so great.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/8/24 10:36 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

I watched a guy open his door at a red light and dump his ashtray. 

What? Is your car too clean inside to have that sitting around? You're already driving a car that smells like ashtray. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/8/24 10:56 p.m.

A hunnert degrees at 8:00 PM. Ridiculous. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/8/24 11:12 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

It was common in store parking lots to see piles of butts dumped out.  Now we all vapin'.......!!!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/9/24 1:06 a.m.
ShawnG said:

In reply to alfadriver :

What? Is your car too clean inside to have that sitting around? You're already driving a car that smells like ashtray. 

That's why I want a CB in the pickup. For the optional PA speaker. I'd public shame the E36 M3 out of that guy.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/9/24 1:16 a.m.

Two nuked transmissions in a row. Ordering EVERYTHING attached to the main shaft is a pain in the ass. Take your damn glitter back to 1st grade, I'm tired of this.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/9/24 7:28 a.m.
ShawnG said:

In reply to alfadriver :

There's a good argument for sharia law, right there.

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
7/9/24 7:53 a.m.

I think I need to schedule a checkup.

I don't have anything glaringly wrong, but I've had minor fatigue and occasional dizziness for a couple weeks. I've still been able to work out, but then my recovery takes at least 50% longer than it otherwise aught to.

I fainted Sunday afternoon. I'd had 2.5 drinks and a couple hits of pot, but my wife had the same amounts of both and was not affected to anywhere near the same degree.

I feel like I'm being a hypochondriac and wasting doctors' precious time.

Edit: got an appointment for Thursday morning.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/24 8:44 a.m.

Houston:  A barely Cat 1 hurricane hits yesterday  and over 2 million people lost power plus widespread flooding near the ditches they call bayous.  Over a million are still without power the next day.   We had a wind storm from the North blast through about 6 weeks ago w/ 60 to 70 mph winds.  Same result.  Widespread power losses. Some people took two weeks to get power back that time.    All I can say is buy a generator so you can keep your refrigerator running.

1 ... 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5V5ABtHn5njJPnLteXTBlrIv6neEghPpV7dNJS84ByPBROjAT7mYW19PoSICxqEe