1 ... 2016 2017 2018
Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/7/24 1:39 p.m.
Jesse Ransom said:

Why did seemingly 93% of people buying F250s/F350s from 2005-2015ish spec Crew Cabs and short beds?

Because 70% of those buyers actually needed a car, but wanted a truck because reasons.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/7/24 1:56 p.m.

Have either of you driven a crew cab long bed? Or parked one? If you don't have the space of a farm or ranch, it can be a challenge. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/24 1:57 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I came back from NC last week in my H3T. The I5 and 35" tires are not a match made in heaven. I usually cruise at 68-70 because of its tenancy to dip into third gear, but since I was in a bit of a hurry I kicked it up to 78-80. That poor thing spent every hill climb screaming its guts out at 4k rpms. I figured it would go or I'd tow it home and LS swap it. 

I haven't driven it all week just to get that I5, nails on a chalkboard, scream out of my brain. Shudder. 

The Touareg's diesel growl at 1300 rpms is much easier on the ears. It's also getting 24 mpg around town now that the clogs are out of the exhaust. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/7/24 2:10 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Have either of you driven a crew cab long bed? Or parked one? If you don't have the space of a farm or ranch, it can be a challenge. 

Amount of times I was glad I had an 8 foot bed: 2

Amount of times I was annoyed with an 8 foot bed and extended cab: 217

Amount of times that I wished I had an 8 foot bed since I've had/had access to 6 foot beds: 1

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/24 2:33 p.m.
mtn said:
Appleseed said:

Amount of times I was glad I had an 8 foot bed: 2

Amount of times I was annoyed with an 8 foot bed and extended cab: 217

Amount of times that I wished I had an 8 foot bed since I've had/had access to 6 foot beds: 1

My 1997 F350 Crew Cab, Dually, 8' bed was one of my favorites. I never regretted the long bed or the crew cab. My only regret about that truck is selling it. 

IMG_20130309_112526.jpg

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
10/7/24 2:50 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

i'm somewhat regularly annoyed with my extended cab and 6.5' bed....i think with an 8' bed i'd be annoyed enough to sell the truck

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/24 3:19 p.m.

Snap-On scan tools absolutely suck and I don't know why people buy them.

-The guy trying to communicate with a 2015 Subaru that he was just communicating with but had to cycle the key and now the scan tool forgot how to talk to anything

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/7/24 3:46 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

That poor thing spent every hill climb screaming its guts out at 4k rpms. I figured it would go or I'd tow it home and LS swap it. 

I haven't driven it all week just to get that I5, nails on a chalkboard, scream out of my brain. Shudder.

My Colorado had the 4 cylinder version of that motor. I put a header on it, tuned it and put 4.10 gears in the diff. That thing lived half it's life at 5000 RPM, and sounded great doing it.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/7/24 4:15 p.m.

I got stranded in a customer vehicle for the first time today. 2020 Tahoe with 75k miles written up for "Running rough, skipping, bucking." No Check Engine Light, no stored codes or history misfires, and it's running great. I'm thinking maybe it has a torque converter clutch shudder, so I hop in and go for a test drive. It makes a disastrous 2-3 upshift and I decide to cut my test drive short, so I turn around, get on the throttle and the tachometer goes to the berkeleying moon as the 6L80E installs 7 extra neutrals. 

NermalSnert (Forum Supporter)
NermalSnert (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/7/24 5:03 p.m.

I went to the DMV today in Jackson TN.

They were (trying to) using a new system.

I don't think I need to say any more. angry

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/24 7:07 p.m.

I've been enjoying listening to Sirius/XM's cover channel today since finding about it yesterday... but I had a pretty solid facepalm a few minutes ago when I looked over at the monitor with the browse window it's streaming from to see the artist singing and saw this:

Mumford & Sons - Hurt (Nine Inch Nails Cover)

Uuuuummmm...... Look. I am -NOT- a country fan by any stretch... it's pretty much the last genre of music that either myself or The Dancer will choose to listen to and generally like Nine Inch Nails, but even I know very damn well that 'Hurt' is a originally Johnny Cash song and not a NIN song. (And I should note that by and large, Johnny Cash songs are an exception to our not being fond of Country).

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/7/24 7:22 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Uhhh, Hurt was a Nine Inch Nails song first (1994), and Johnny Cash performed a cover eight years later. Now, Trent Reznor did say that Cash performed it better and said the song belonged to Cash after that

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/7/24 7:24 p.m.
NickD said:

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

Uhhh, Hurt was a Nine Inch Nails song first (1994), and Johnny Cash performed a cover eight years later.

...and far and away the most popular and best-selling one at that. It's the song that put Trent Reznor on the map.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/7/24 7:25 p.m.
Duke said:
Jesse Ransom said:

Why did seemingly 93% of people buying F250s/F350s from 2005-2015ish spec Crew Cabs and short beds?

Because 70% of those buyers actually needed a car, but wanted a truck because reasons.

If you add a tonneau cover, it's a Crown Victoria sedan.  Topper, it's a wagon

1 ... 2016 2017 2018

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VJ08valFDurHjgn4tZ8HEtOWP1662zoNnXvcFGqj94T4tfKugpyP1qRjwRwTvSc4