1 ... 2020 2021 2022
VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/24 1:12 p.m.

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

Now that's the epitaph I want.

Dear eBay seller,

Thank you for ignoring my very reasonable offer for 24 hours. I have since decided to just buy your item (the BIN price was only $9 more than my offer, on a $60 item).

I just received an email notifying me that the item I purchased from you is out of stock. That's a really E36 M3ty way to run your eBay store. At least I get my money back, I guess.

Thanks for nothing.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/15/24 5:11 p.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
dculberson said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

If you have the space it's impossible to beat off lease workgroup size printers. I bought one just recently that's 11x17 capable full color laser duplex capable for $450, for my dad. Mine I bought for the same price five years ago and have done exactly nothing to it not even replaced toner. The cartridges are good for something like 10,000 pages. I mostly print black and white but it does amazing color prints.  It also scans 11x17 full color duplex (double sided)

I need to look into this for The Dancer- her non-profit prints a fair amount of stuff and I'm always having to run to either the library or FedEx to print stuff in color (and we spend a fair amount each year on having a print company print the fliers and posters for their shows). Every other year or so we can apply for a grant that we can buy physical stuff with- the last time we got the grant it was for our BlackMagic BMPCC4K video camera, it may be worth looking into getting a big printer so we only have to outsource specialty things (like yard signs, 6' long banners, etc.).

Something like this:

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/d/cincinnati-savin-mp-c2003-all-in-one/7792248858.html

It's $200, and will print 11x17 in full color at (only!) 25 pages per minute which is slow for one of these. It can scan to a file on your computer as long as you get the SMB shares set up right, I could help troubleshoot that. If it was local to me I would be tempted to buy it for home, I'm glad it's not. I do not need it. They're great printers with some Ricoh quirks (mostly related to odd terminology or settings, but one quirk is I CAN NOT get ours to print labels, it doesn't fuse hot enough even with label media clearly selected. I just use another printer for them.) but ours has been dead reliable for five years.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
10/16/24 10:51 a.m.

Who the berkeley plans an important city meeting on Halloween night at 6pm? I warned them the optics are bad...like real bad. Nope, going forward anyway. I'm sitting this one out, let it all burn at this point.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/16/24 1:28 p.m.
dculberson said:
Ashyukun (Robert) said:
dculberson said:

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

If you have the space it's impossible to beat off lease workgroup size printers. I bought one just recently that's 11x17 capable full color laser duplex capable for $450, for my dad. Mine I bought for the same price five years ago and have done exactly nothing to it not even replaced toner. The cartridges are good for something like 10,000 pages. I mostly print black and white but it does amazing color prints.  It also scans 11x17 full color duplex (double sided)

I need to look into this for The Dancer- her non-profit prints a fair amount of stuff and I'm always having to run to either the library or FedEx to print stuff in color (and we spend a fair amount each year on having a print company print the fliers and posters for their shows). Every other year or so we can apply for a grant that we can buy physical stuff with- the last time we got the grant it was for our BlackMagic BMPCC4K video camera, it may be worth looking into getting a big printer so we only have to outsource specialty things (like yard signs, 6' long banners, etc.).

Something like this:

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ele/d/cincinnati-savin-mp-c2003-all-in-one/7792248858.html

It's $200, and will print 11x17 in full color at (only!) 25 pages per minute which is slow for one of these. It can scan to a file on your computer as long as you get the SMB shares set up right, I could help troubleshoot that. If it was local to me I would be tempted to buy it for home, I'm glad it's not. I do not need it. They're great printers with some Ricoh quirks (mostly related to odd terminology or settings, but one quirk is I CAN NOT get ours to print labels, it doesn't fuse hot enough even with label media clearly selected. I just use another printer for them.) but ours has been dead reliable for five years.

Thanks- I've passed it on to her to look at. We may not be able to get one for a bit (we usually don't have a lot in the budget for things like that, which is why we go for grants to get things), but at least I know what to look for. 

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
10/16/24 2:38 p.m.

Holy crap, my wife uses waaaaay too much cleaning product when she cleans.

She cleaned the kitchen counters with Mrs. Meyer's while I was gone, and it hurts my sinuses to be within 10' of the kitchen.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UltimaDork
10/16/24 3:57 p.m.
Beer Baron 🍺 said:

She cleaned the kitchen counters with Mrs. Meyer's while I was gone, and it hurts my sinuses to be within 10' of the kitchen.

I generally end up cleaning bathrooms in our house, and since I'm doing the cleaning, I eschew the organic, hippy dippy stuff she buys for Spray Nine or whatever generic equivalent is on hand.  Because, well, it works.  But then Mrs. VCH complains about the smell.  To which I reply, if you want to use your cleaner, go ahead and clean the bathroom.  And then I end up cleaning the bathroom again, the next time...rinse and repeat.  

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
10/16/24 5:11 p.m.
Beer Baron 🍺 said:

Brother she is cleaning and your not doing it. Let it go and enjoy the smell. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
10/16/24 5:59 p.m.

2nd degree burns across y upper palm and lower fingers blending up some soup the same way I've done before. Yikes - time to spring for an immersion blender because this HURTS.

Luckily -kids in the kitchen were okay and is on my left hand. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/24 8:52 p.m.
slefain said:

Who the berkeley plans an important city meeting on Halloween night at 6pm? I warned them the optics are bad...like real bad. Nope, going forward anyway. I'm sitting this one out, let it all burn at this point.

You sure they don't want to push some bullE36 M3 and they know they can get away with it because no one who'd object will be there?

1 ... 2020 2021 2022

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JHNp56XcuuBPSkgLEPj3BxXqPSO1U0T1DSmfw28YPFIUievO2G1iUDY9lLN0cUR9