Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 7:39 a.m.

I upgraded the battery in my 3.5 year old son's powerwheels last week and we've been having a riot with it! Thought you guys would enjoy these...

*my wife was off camera making sure there were no cars coming ;) Video 1 Video 2

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
6/6/16 7:43 a.m.

That was great! I wish the video was longer, it looked like he was about to drift the 180 at the end of the slalom.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
6/6/16 7:50 a.m.

The Mustang crowd could learn a thing or seven, from this kid!

The slow-motion launch was sweet.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 7:51 a.m.

Couple more videos, dads phone took a tumble on this one!

Video 3

johnnie
johnnie Reader
6/6/16 7:53 a.m.

Cool! That slo-mo!

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 7:57 a.m.

Whats crazy is he just picked up how to counter-steer without me saying anything!

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
6/6/16 8:18 a.m.

Yep, totally cool. Counter-steer behavior is promising indeed.

alstevens
alstevens New Reader
6/6/16 8:50 a.m.

Helmet. Start them young. That is all.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
6/6/16 9:02 a.m.

How adorable! How old was he when he started driving the hot wheels? My daughter is 18 months old now, and I'm looking forward this this stuff. We have the driveway for it, for sure!

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 9:09 a.m.
dculberson wrote: How adorable! How old was he when he started driving the hot wheels? My daughter is 18 months old now, and I'm looking forward this this stuff. We have the driveway for it, for sure!

I don't remember exactly, but it was probably around that age. I had to prop a towl behind him so he could reach the pedal

Wrenching at our old swealtering hot place in NC

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
6/6/16 9:10 a.m.

I have video of my son drifting a tricycle around the couch at 3 years old. He could pedal and counter steer at the same time. Just shows that all of this is innate in children. It's not so much that they need to learn it, but they need to have experiences that allow them to keep it until they get in something with a proper motor.

bluebarchetta
bluebarchetta Reader
6/6/16 9:36 a.m.
Storz wrote: Whats crazy is he just picked up how to counter-steer without me saying anything!

He probably learned it from Doc Hudson: "Turn right to go left!"

Being a dad is the best. Good on you for enjoying it so much and taking so much pride in your son.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/6/16 9:39 a.m.

The tongue cuts a half second off!

Very cool.

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 9:41 a.m.
bluebarchetta wrote:
Storz wrote: Whats crazy is he just picked up how to counter-steer without me saying anything!
He probably learned it from Doc Hudson: "Turn right to go left!" Being a dad is the best. Good on you for enjoying it so much and taking so much pride in your son.

Thanks man, he is my best bud. Many adventures together

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/16 9:53 a.m.

Awesome video man. I can't wait to start doing this with my little one. I've already caught her on her sit on and walk car "driving" the car and pushing her 3 wheeler, so I have great hopes. He looks like he's having the time of his life, and I could probably learn a thing or two about slaloms watching him.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
6/6/16 1:11 p.m.

You sir, are doing it right.

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor, Grassroots Motorsports & Classic Motorsports
6/6/16 2:24 p.m.

That's awesome.

The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
6/6/16 2:36 p.m.

Adorable!

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
6/6/16 3:08 p.m.

I want to get my niece and nephew power wheels so badly. My sister says no.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/6/16 3:16 p.m.

The slomo launch with a bit of oppo dialed in is brilliant. Well done.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
6/6/16 4:49 p.m.

Awesome, and he obviously needs wider or better tires to get that power to the ground now!!

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 7:31 p.m.

This was his very first try with the new battery last week

First run

First run 2

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
6/6/16 7:34 p.m.

My son wouldn't really drive his Jeep, he would get bored before the battery drained. But he would wash the E36 M3 out of it. At least twice a week.

http://vid301.photobucket.com/albums/nn59/nicksta43/VIDEO00033.mp4

Storz
Storz SuperDork
6/6/16 7:36 p.m.
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock wrote: My son wouldn't really drive his Jeep, he would get bored before the battery drained. But he would wash the E36 M3 out of it. At least twice a week. http://vid301.photobucket.com/albums/nn59/nicksta43/VIDEO00033.mp4

Nice!! Teaching the importance of a clean car at a young age, I like it!

revrico
revrico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/6/16 7:51 p.m.

Not that he needs it now, but rumor has it that wiring a second battery in parallel will kick the speed up some more.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4fx0yBzuhvMhjTsQabn2A5sZwpfknKv0fck1bwQ4v87gZyt1YZuV26hgBKPLD9If