1 2
Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
8/2/12 12:39 p.m.

Today is National IPA Day. Go enjoy some strong hoppy beer.

Here are some suggestions to look for: http://thefullpint.com/dans-blog/danny-fullpint-runs-down-the-best-10-ipas-for-ipaday/

...I think I just heard Poopshovel's car peel out of the parking lot.

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
8/2/12 12:41 p.m.

I don't care for most IPA's, but I love DFH 120 Minute.

Is there anything similar that isn't outrageously expensive?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/2/12 12:42 p.m.

Of course most of the list isn't available in Ohio.

If only I could find a Modus Hoperandi to drink.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
8/2/12 12:51 p.m.

Didn't like the ones I've tried, so no big deal to me. But to the rest of you - Enjoy!

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
8/2/12 12:52 p.m.

I don't know how russian river got the top two spots for two different types of IPAs and they don't even mention lagunitas on the list or stone IPA. My current favorite IPA is lagunitas little sumpthin wild.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
8/2/12 1:05 p.m.
benzbaronDaryn wrote: I don't know how russian river got the top two spots for two different types of IPAs and they don't even mention lagunitas on the list or stone IPA. My current favorite IPA is lagunitas little sumpthin wild.

That's my favorite too. I think that might not technically qualify as an IPA, since it is 50% wheat.

Suffice to say, that list is pretty subjective, and the writer is obviously a Russian River fanboi.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/2/12 1:07 p.m.

Awesomes A reason to have an IPA. I'm game.

Jay
Jay UltraDork
8/2/12 1:38 p.m.

Nothing going on the IPA freont, but the homebrew Schwartzbier my dad made should be about ready today. Got two test bottles in the fridge already. About half the hops are from his own garden too.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
8/2/12 1:49 p.m.

I drank one of these yesterday. I should probably have one tonight then... (It's a Leinenkugel) https://leinie.com/Beers.aspx#imperialipa

yamaha
yamaha HalfDork
8/2/12 2:05 p.m.

I'll stick with No Bollocks

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
8/2/12 2:13 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I don't care for most IPA's, but I love DFH 120 Minute.

Hmm. May have to swing by DFH after work.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/2/12 2:23 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Today is National IPA Day. Go enjoy some strong hoppy beer. Here are some suggestions to look for: http://thefullpint.com/dans-blog/danny-fullpint-runs-down-the-best-10-ipas-for-ipaday/ ...I think I just heard Poopshovel's car peel out of the parking lot.

No need. Got a four of 90 minute and DEVIL DANCER in the fridge here at the shop. Desperately trying to wait till 4....

And HOLY E36 M3! There's a Big Eddy IPA!?!?!? Okay, yeah, I may be peeling out at 5:30. Gotta keep an eye out for that one.

I really wish 21st Amendment would do another batch of Hop Crisis, but I'm thinking that was a one and done.

Bierfesting it with some fellow geeks this weekend. Joel just got back from NC/SC and hit both Greenville and Charleston beer exchange, and picked me up some barrel aged IPAs and other weirdness, along with $400 worth of other stuff apparently. 'twill be a good weekend.

(raises glass.)

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/2/12 2:24 p.m.
Hmm. May have to swing by DFH after work.

I hate you.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/2/12 6:20 p.m.

In other words, Thursday in Oregon ;)

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
8/2/12 7:10 p.m.

best ever.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
8/2/12 7:37 p.m.
Kendall_Jones wrote: best ever.

Ninkasi is about a mile and a half to the east of me. I prefer Oakshire brewery about a mile in the other direction. Their Black IPA is a revelation

I will be hitting the Ninkasi tasting room saturday evening for some block party festivities but I will fill my Corny Kegs at Oakshire in the morning

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
8/2/12 7:43 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Didn't like the ones I've tried, so no big deal to me. But to the rest of you - Enjoy!

Maybe you feel that way because your view of beer isn't as important to you as it is to some of us. I wouldn't be surprised if Salanis would say that it's more important than any political matter, and I agree.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/2/12 7:56 p.m.

I hate you guys and your access to good beer, its getting better in OK but not quickly enough.

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/2/12 7:56 p.m.

I hate you guys and your access to good beer, its getting better in OK but not quickly enough.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/2/12 8:09 p.m.

best ever

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
8/2/12 8:13 p.m.

Oh god, we have friends that make runs to MO to bring back 12+ cases at time. Love Schlafly.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
8/2/12 8:17 p.m.

Just imagine it on tap.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/2/12 9:05 p.m.

We visited the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, VT over our vacation. They had an Imperial IPA that was great!

http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/index.cfm/pid/116620#imperialipa

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/2/12 9:09 p.m.

Enjoy everyone, and feel free to drink my share. Keeping with the thumper rule, I will leave it at I am not a fan of the IPA.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Reader
8/2/12 9:17 p.m.

I am ignorant when it comes to beer. I can't stand the taste of it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4HI35a8grgRilzQAAouzbEvOVwcRJciEYmqp5922nJXJbeFKAXhXGxrNAd5OIIm1