DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
12/18/09 8:32 p.m.

Ok, long story short(ish). As some of you know, I was laid off from my job over a year ago. After getting and loosing another job I decided to go into myself. I liked my coworkers quite a bit as we traveled together often and kept in touch after I left. The business I started has me doing what I actually trained others to do at that former job. I'm a dealer for that company.
Now that I'm in business for myself, when they hear of a customer in my area, they send them my way. I think they've sent me 1/2 dozen prospects in as many months. Now, I'm still broke but I want to show my appreciation beyond saying "Thanks". I was thinking about sending some little gift box, or something. Maybe a big ol' tub or peanut brittle or something. There are 8 guys so I don't think I can afford to get each of them something like a personalized widget or something. Also, we aren't talking about billions of dollars here and if we are being technical, they are doing their job by helping customers find service or sales, and there really isn't anyone besides me around here that does it. But I still want to thank them. What do you think?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/09 8:52 p.m.

Pocket sized mag lite and a thank you card. If you go with food, I reccommend something without nuts.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
12/18/09 8:53 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: Ok, long story short(ish). As some of you know, I was laid off from my job over a year ago. After getting and loosing another job I decided to go into myself. I liked my coworkers quite a bit as we traveled together often and kept in touch after I left. The business I started has me doing what I actually trained others to do at that former job. I'm a dealer for that company. Now that I'm in business for myself, when they hear of a customer in my area, they send them my way. I think they've sent me 1/2 dozen prospects in as many months. Now, I'm still broke but I want to show my appreciation beyond saying "Thanks". I was thinking about sending some little gift box, or something. Maybe a big ol' tub or peanut brittle or something. There are 8 guys so I don't think I can afford to get each of them something like a personalized widget or something. Also, we aren't talking about billions of dollars here and if we are being technical, they are doing their job by helping customers find service or sales, and there really isn't anyone besides me around here that does it. But I still want to thank them. What do you think?

On a budget... who doesn't like a bucket of peanut brittle or a fruit basket?

If you have some extra scratch... who doesn't like a clean hooker every now and again?

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
12/18/09 8:56 p.m.

I used to send Honey Baked Ham gift certificates to my best Customers. Usually 50 bucks per.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/18/09 9:10 p.m.

http://www.swisstechtools.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=VZ75GDTdP68A

Quite honestly, this is my favorite tool. If I lost it, I would buy another tommorrow. I do not like to carry thing in my pockets and I have very few key for a small key chain and I do not like another item like carrying a pocket knife. What I do need a knife for is like opening a new box of work brochures or opening a Fed Ex type. Figure it is not odd for me to open one/two boxes a day but always on the road or in a retail store. Don't you hate it when the tape is stornger than you are?
Aside from the knife, the screwdiver(s) is handy but more important, I have pryed more BS with this tool than it reasonably should be able to take.

$10.99 on line. I think I saw them at Staples recently for $9.99 and then saw them at O'Reily's (Murry's) for $6.99.

I have given them to my sales reps who would need them for the same reasons that I do and they all seem to really appreciate them. Yes, it is a simple device but that really is the beauty of it.

PS: For 5 years or more I have taken this through airports about once every two months; un-noticed and un-questioned.

Someone elses review:
http://collegiatehandyman.blogspot.com/2008/11/review-swiss-tech-utili-key-utilikey.html

Beer? A nice variety pack (i.e. Leinie lodge or such). Cheap and as long as none of them has a drinking problem, should be well received.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
12/18/09 9:31 p.m.

I go with a small LED flashlight, that's what I'm giving. EVERYBODY needs a flashligh, and these are bright and inexpensive.

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
12/19/09 7:00 a.m.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.

alstevens
alstevens New Reader
12/19/09 11:43 a.m.

Maybe some BACON JAM http://skilletstreetfood.com/baconjam.htm

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/19/09 8:13 p.m.

Mmm, peanut brittle sounds great!

I've given out big tins of cookies, or tarts, all wrapped in a big bow. Or bottles of homemade Bailey's

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
12/19/09 8:17 p.m.

Please do tell, how do you home-make Bailey's?

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
12/19/09 8:48 p.m.

Well, we used to use vodka, irish whiskey, a can of condensed milk, a bit of chocolate syrup and half and half cream. Put in blender... and voila! Even if you mix up the proportions, it can hardly taste bad, can it?

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
12/19/09 9:37 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Mmm, peanut brittle sounds great! I've given out big tins of cookies, or tarts, all wrapped in a big bow.

This is a really good idea if you have an afternoon free. The recipe on the back of the Toll House bag of chocolate chips is great, and the ingredients for four batches should cost you under $20. Just about every grocery store will have the ingredients on sale this week. This will yield between 160 and 240 cookies, with raw cookie dough to spare.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nzINFsDamd4CSNangpZIxo7kfiUL0qnrkmeOtOY9qQciLqSn6jmv9mJLyNAxXi2m