1 2 3 4
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/7/22 11:36 a.m.

I know what I'm doing Wed. More tropical storm prep! Not as severe as hurricane prep but still necessary. I'm betting we'll get more rain with this than Ian. Current track has it going right over our head.

Nicole info

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/7/22 11:41 a.m.

Yeah, I just heard about this. By the time it gets to us, it should be a piece of cake compared to Ian. But yeah, lots of rain will suck. 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/7/22 11:45 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

On the plus side, the temps for the weekend look about 10 degrees cooler which will be a nice break.

I read an article that talked about hurricanes as a way in which the planet transfers heat to keep temperatures in balance/regulated. I hadn't really thought of it that way, but it makes sense. We had some super nice weather for the week after Ian.  Temperatures like October in FL "used" to be.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/7/22 12:00 p.m.

Yay!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/7/22 12:10 p.m.

Guess what I did yesterday? Yup, cleaned gutters. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/22 12:13 p.m.

Meanwhile, NASA just rolled SLS out to the pad again. Bad luck!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/7/22 1:13 p.m.

We're looking at 3 days of rain as it circles us. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA UltraDork
11/7/22 1:19 p.m.

I'm dead center of the current model expected landfall and about a mile or so from the coast, yay.  Glad I rebuilt the exterior of my house and got a new roof last year.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
11/7/22 1:51 p.m.

Fun.  I'm driving from PA to Stuart on Wednesday and Thursday to meet my elderly parents (with their car) who are flying down to PBI on Friday afternoon.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
11/7/22 1:59 p.m.

At least it will only be you and the utility trucks heading south.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/7/22 6:23 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

Let me know if you need a hand. 

Slippery
11/7/22 6:57 p.m.

In reply to Sonic :

Just in case make sure you get gas before getting to Stuart. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/8/22 11:15 a.m.

I spent last night doing Ian cleanup AND Nicole prep. Been in Florida 13 months. I've been told I'm an official floridian now LOL.  
I'm supposed to head to Stuart next week for work. We'll see how that goes. This is only supposed to be a cat 1, right?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/8/22 11:24 a.m.

Im going to disneyworld. (seriously. I think i'm gonna hang out at disney those days. ) 

Slippery
11/8/22 11:27 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

Cat 1, if that.

Latest update has it landing just north of Stuart, should be fine next week.

cone graphic

[Image of probabilities of 34-kt winds]

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/8/22 11:28 a.m.

Us flyover states have literally no idea what youre talking about. 

Wishing you luck from the land of corn and salt.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/22 11:33 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

Yeah, you guys just get tornadoes :)

Looks like Nicole is taking aim at Cape Kennedy. Someone is tired of the SLS.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/22 11:34 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Probably NASA. 

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/8/22 11:37 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

Yeah, you guys just get tornadoes :)

Looks like Nicole is taking aim at Cape Kennedy. Someone is tired of the SLS.

I shouldnt kid...about a decade ago, Ike took off my roof and wrecked "2 burshes and a fents" in my yard. This was SW Ohio. Mother nature is a B.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UltraDork
11/8/22 12:04 p.m.

I wish you all good luck with the storm ,

We had the first rain of the season , only an inch or so at my place by LAX airport and we all think the world is coming to an end .

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/22 12:21 p.m.

The state of Florida autocross championship was scheduled in October to be hosted by the SW Florida group Gulf Coast Autocrossers. They have a large venue at Buckingham Field, in Lehigh Acres, which is in the Fort Meyers area. Hurricane Ian has closed down their venue for the rest of the year, so the event was rescheduled on the East coast, at the Port Saint Lucie county fairgrounds for this weekend. The host will be Equipe Rapide.

With Nicole looming, their lot is being used to stage power company trucks this week, so that's off.

Current plan is to reschedule the event for December 18.

Definitely a first world problem. I hope there's not too much destruction from Nicole, and no loss of life.

Slippery
11/8/22 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Well, the good news is that now I know :). Are you going to be there? I will come by. 

Last I auto crossed with ER was at their Hialeah Park venue. Maybe 2005 or so. Been to some both inside and outside of the Homestead speedway. Did not know of this venue. 

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
11/8/22 2:02 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Totally.  I'm staying above a half tank once I hit FL. I expect Thursday to be quite soggy, at least I have good tires and a fresh coat of rain x.  

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
11/8/22 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Good! Looks like the tracks are going a little more northwest as it crosses the state. Good. I look at all these houses around here (not mine, fortunately) that have tarps for roofs and just don't want to see their bad situations made worse. The folks south of us REALLY don't need anything more.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/8/22 2:52 p.m.
Slippery said:

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Well, the good news is that now I know :). Are you going to be there? I will come by. 

Last I auto crossed with ER was at their Hialeah Park venue. Maybe 2005 or so. Been to some both inside and outside of the Homestead speedway. Did not know of this venue. 

I'm registered, and the registration from this week will transfer to the December date. Definitely planning to be there. come on by!

I'll either be driving my Miata, or my civic. Hopefully the Miata.

I've competed with this club just one time, when they were using a small oval at the fairgrounds, which wasn't at all a good autocross location. There's now a pretty good size parking lot, which is where the club set up their courses.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jnbWrr9xY0bodHtyfOEIs50yqC8y9cRXFJnf5Oxmue2sNidNGHOsbD1lCFFhqKMl