1 2 3
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/23/13 3:50 p.m.

Fibula in my right leg, I see the doctor again Monday to see what he course of action will be.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/23/13 3:58 p.m.

I guess you aren't up for Parkour this afternoon?

m4ff3w
3/23/13 4:03 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: I guess you aren't up for Parkour this afternoon?

Probably not. It happened last night. I iced it and propped it up. This morning it was sore and felt tight, so I thought I'd try to walk it off.

I made it about 10 limps with progressively more weight on it. That wasn't such a good idea. Wife made me go see the doctor after I crashed back on the bed.

She was right - doctor's visit was a good idea.

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
3/23/13 4:05 p.m.

Oof that sucks! I recently found out how much broken bones suck, broke my left heel about a month ago, still have 5 weeks left. Hope you don't need surgery. Wish you a fast recovery

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
3/23/13 4:08 p.m.

Speaking as a layman, that appears to be berkeleyed up. Sorry for the boo-boo.

Hal
Hal Dork
3/23/13 4:14 p.m.

Uh oh, looks like I might have some company.

m4ff3w
3/23/13 4:25 p.m.
Hal wrote: Uh oh, looks like I might have some company.

That's alot of hardware.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/23/13 4:26 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: Oof that sucks! I recently found out how much broken bones suck...

Eh, if you're anything like me, you'll just get used to it. 23 various fractures at last count. Never broken a heel, tho... Don't think I want to.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for you, m4ff3w!!!

m4ff3w
3/23/13 4:35 p.m.
fritzsch wrote: Oof that sucks! I recently found out how much broken bones suck, broke my left heel about a month ago, still have 5 weeks left. Hope you don't need surgery. Wish you a fast recovery

Heel? How'd that happen?

fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
3/23/13 5:14 p.m.

Less than impecible landing after jumping from one of these walls. Roughly 5m high. I think I'm lucky I only broke one foot and that it was just a fracture. No surgery required

m4ff3w
3/23/13 5:54 p.m.

Ouch, speedy recovery.

Hal
Hal Dork
3/23/13 6:00 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:
Hal wrote: Uh oh, looks like I might have some company.
That's alot of hardware.

Yep, mine was snapped in half right where that single screw is. That screw was put in to pull the two parts together and the plate is for extra reinforcement.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/13 12:04 a.m.

Right leg? I'm so sorry. Depending on how they treat it, you're probably not going to be driving for a while.

m4ff3w
3/24/13 9:41 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Right leg? I'm so sorry. Depending on how they treat it, you're probably not going to be driving for a while.

Eek, I hope that's not the case.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/24/13 10:53 a.m.

Ouch been there done that. All I can say is follow the rehab instructions to the letter.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/24/13 10:56 a.m.

I only ever broke my ass... at least the tailbone is not a load carrying part of the body

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/24/13 11:45 a.m.

Oh man! I did that too, holy hell it takes a while for a broken ass to stop hurting.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/24/13 11:49 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Oh man! I did that too, holy hell it takes a while for a broken ass to stop hurting.

At least you can fix a broken ass. It's when they wear out you run into real problems.

Hal
Hal Dork
3/24/13 2:51 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote: Right leg? I'm so sorry. Depending on how they treat it, you're probably not going to be driving for a while.
Eek, I hope that's not the case.

I can almost guarantee you won't be driving for a while. Even if they do a "closed reduction" they will probably put a cast on it and tell you not to put any weight on it.

m4ff3w
3/24/13 6:11 p.m.

Maybe since it doesn't entirely look like mine is completely separated a compression boot will be all I get? The other two X-Rays you couldn't see the fracture.

Drive with the left foot?

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
3/24/13 6:46 p.m.

Rural mail carriers often do it.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/24/13 7:47 p.m.

The wife shattered hers going down a step into our bedroom. The Doc said it looked like someone dropped a plate it was in so many pieces. 9 screws plus a plate to put it back together. They ended up running a screw through one bone and into the other to stabilize the ankle. 3 months later they went back in to remove the screw. I'm saving it for when I need to mount something, really, really important.

Hope you heal up quick.

m4ff3w
3/24/13 9:32 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: The wife shattered hers going down a step into our bedroom. The Doc said it looked like someone dropped a plate it was in so many pieces. 9 screws plus a plate to put it back together. They ended up running a screw through one bone and into the other to stabilize the ankle. 3 months later they went back in to remove the screw. I'm saving it for when I need to mount something, really, really important. Hope you heal up quick.

What's the thread pitch?

jamscal
jamscal Dork
3/24/13 9:36 p.m.

edit...poor reading comprehension

m4ff3w
3/24/13 11:33 p.m.

If I do require screws, how long should I expect to be out of the office?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X8EN7SBbajh8ulhlN8cd3xBFgmdgDujLdv5QkXjZtl0y6yrOdtrfKqLWe4Odt2yz