1 2 3 4 5
Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
7/9/13 12:44 a.m.

In reply to ransom:

Or helping to civilize car culture closer to drag.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
7/9/13 5:03 a.m.

I don't care who you are, that's a pretty smile.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon Dork
7/9/13 6:54 a.m.

berkeley'em. You can't please all of them. There's always at least one putz that will complain no matter what you do in life.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/9/13 7:32 a.m.

A young lady of my acquaintance drives a little red Civic 2 door. Across the bottom of the back glass in letters maybe 3/8" tall: 'Dont follow me on a twisty road. You'll lose.' It's true; she used to co drive the Abomination. I'm 90% sure I'd lose.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
7/9/13 8:05 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Yah, probably. The one guy hates on everything I do: was appalled by the mention of my RAF pilot father in a german car story,

Probably the type of car buyer clarkson was targeting in the VW ad

Ignore the idiot....it was a funny piece.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/9/13 8:53 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I don't care who you are, that's a pretty smile.

Hah! I berkeleying love you guys.

Did you happen to notice the weird little bird zipping directly over that wig?

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
7/9/13 5:13 p.m.

This thread needs more drag racing.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
7/9/13 5:31 p.m.

Out of curiosity, what makes the Ford Focus such a good gay car? I see it as an all around good car. What makes it particularly gay?

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
7/9/13 5:34 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Out of curiosity, what makes the Ford Focus such a good gay car? I see it as an all around good car. What makes it particularly gay?

[because of what some men would be willing to do to get behind the wheel of that car]

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/9/13 5:37 p.m.

God, I don't know. I've decided in my next life, I want to come back as a gay man - they seem to be having a lot more fun

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/9/13 5:49 p.m.
Lesley wrote: God, I don't know. I've decided in my next life, I want to come back as a gay man - they seem to be having a lot more fun

There's a marriage joke in there somewhere ;)

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/13 6:26 p.m.

Nice story. I liked it.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/9/13 6:29 p.m.
Lesley wrote: Bet they'd absolutely have a conniption if they got the "See you next Tuesday" reference...

That was the name of my intramural floor hockey team in college. The guy who ran the league abbreviated SYNT however.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
7/9/13 6:32 p.m.

The stupidity of the general public will never cease to amaze me. So many uptight, insecure, vocal imbeciles out there.

I encounter them while out on my bicycle fairly frequently.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/9/13 7:34 p.m.

On your bicycle?

Wait, don't leave it at that... what are they yelling at you?

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
7/9/13 7:37 p.m.
Lesley wrote: God, I don't know. I've decided in my next life, I want to come back as a gay man - they seem to be having a lot more fun

I'm coming back as a lesbian.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/9/13 9:10 p.m.

The "girls" did several costume changes for our shoot. I helped zip up that sparkly blue evening gown that Madge (who teaches fitness) is wearing. I said "It just feels all kinds of wrong that I'm admiring your bum".

ronholm
ronholm HalfDork
7/9/13 10:33 p.m.

I don't believe the bit about some guys in a Chevy calling the fiat you were driving gay. While it is certainly possible. Yeah. Uhhhh. Maybe your stereotypes would do that to a guy driving the car, I just ain't buying they would do it to you.

I also think you are enjoying the 'hate' mail a bit too much as it feels to me like stirring that reaction is part of the act. It kinda wears me thin when folks run around trying offend people then pretend to be 'upset' when they illicit the very reaction they were aiming for.

All that said. The article was well written,

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/10/13 5:28 a.m.

Of course - there's an element of enjoying that people are actually stirred. Whether you believe what I've written or not? That's up to you. And why would you assume that I was intentionally trying to offend? I was hoping for that people would laugh... and think.

I've also had truckloads of guys here laughing at the Smart car and calling a Hyundai Accent a "E36 M3box".

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/10/13 5:45 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
I'm coming back as a lesbian.

I am a Lesbian, trapped in a man's body.

tuna55
tuna55 PowerDork
7/10/13 5:55 a.m.
Lesley wrote: The "girls" did several costume changes for our shoot. I helped zip up that sparkly blue evening gown that Madge (who teaches fitness) is wearing. I said "It just feels all kinds of wrong that I'm admiring your bum".

That's... strange...

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/10/13 8:33 a.m.

No kidding.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
7/10/13 9:26 a.m.
Lesley wrote: The "girls" did several costume changes for our shoot. I helped zip up that sparkly blue evening gown that Madge (who teaches fitness) is wearing. I said "It just feels all kinds of wrong that I'm admiring your bum".

I'm surprised you weren't smoldering over Madges lack of cellulite. That's so unfair.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/10/13 9:37 a.m.

Well, I admit I was envious that she looked way better in the micro-mini than I could have.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
7/10/13 9:52 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Well, I admit I was envious that she looked way better in the micro-mini than I could have.

Laughing, lucky you! All we get is calf shot to judge by. A+ btw.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n6EHH9sV8xqOkjekt06UWcN4Br2kblsQWEAtD7IbQBFWmbnHgAHr2X1LlERUn7S8