1 ... 3 4 5
Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/11/13 11:09 a.m.

In reply to Aeromoto: This kinda reminds me of a often seen thread/conversation about what kind of sports car to buy for $20K. It always ends up with something along the lines of it's dumb to get anything other than a C5 Z06 'cause that's what's fastest. That feels a bit myopic to me.

In addition, if manufacturers can sell cars like the X6 and A7, then by god I'm glad we also get some unique small cars as well. Variety is good.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto HalfDork
7/11/13 12:33 p.m.

I'm not saying it isn't a neat little car, at maybe up to around $22k, but anything over that is insane.

I might have actually bought a base model if they would've come in around $15k, which is what they were supposed to be priced at as I remember, but then came the "fashion tax".

Sorry but I'm not paying a fashion tax on any car, regardless of how fun it may be to drive.

I will say that the new 4 door Fiat 500 is uglier than genital warts.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
7/11/13 12:40 p.m.

As a concession, I'll admit I'm not buying one at that price either. I just think there are plenty of worse ways that people "waste" money in my eyes, cars included. If they can sell them, then good for them. Depreciation is just around the corner.

I'll step off this weird tangent on value vs. variety now.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
7/25/13 9:30 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: I drive a Miata, I wear crocs, I like the Fiat, I was in the Navy. I just fit into this thread.

Late to this discussion (as usual), resurrected from my latest 500 Abarth topic.
But I REALLY like the Fiat, I was in the Navy, I know drag queens. And I have a cat. Man, my fiancee is going to be sooooo disappointed.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
7/25/13 9:43 a.m.
Jerry wrote:
foxtrapper wrote: I drive a Miata, I wear crocs, I like the Fiat, I was in the Navy. I just fit into this thread.
Late to this discussion (as usual), resurrected from my latest 500 Abarth topic. But I REALLY like the Fiat, I was in the Navy, I know drag queens. And I have a cat. Man, my fiancee is going to be sooooo disappointed.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
7/25/13 11:22 a.m.

I reallly need a team of those little guys around here. Someone's gotta be good at housework...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
7/25/13 12:13 p.m.
Aeromoto wrote: I'm not saying it isn't a neat little car, at maybe up to around $22k, but anything over that is insane.

A base 500 Abarth is $22k....

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
7/25/13 12:51 p.m.

in reply to Lesley

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
msWWnis8LTeiCs4Hwg1O5hpHWwMqwHcnEYume3UDtLR5w54i9ToSV657IexjjFdR