1 2
iceracer
iceracer Dork
5/29/10 8:07 a.m.

I never could understand the rational for the swing one way then turn the other. It just make the turn farther. I see it a lot, all ages.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
5/29/10 8:23 a.m.

My current traffic bane occurs at the Wal-Mart on the way to work. There's no traffic light at this particular intersection on the 65 mph, 4-lane-hwy. People turn right onto the hwy (heading north - same direction as me) out of the Wal-Mart. EVERY_berkeleying_DAY, two cars will pull out in front of traffic, and rather than parking their asses in the right lane to let everyone who's going 70-75 get around them, they'll get side by side, door to door, to have a 30 second, 1/4 throttle 0-60 drag race. There's a reason I don't carry a gun in the car.

kpm
kpm New Reader
5/29/10 10:16 a.m.
iceracer wrote: I never could understand the rational for the swing one way then turn the other. It just make the turn farther. I see it a lot, all ages.

WRC wannabees ?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/10 3:35 p.m.

ineer had trouble going from wide turns in a bus to normal turns in my car, but occasionally on my way home I would pull into a bus stop.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/29/10 3:42 p.m.

What I love are not the people who make right turns into the left lane/left turns into the right lane, especially when this invariably results in me almost getting hit. (happens 2 or 3 times a week for me)

No, what I really get a kick out of are these people who make a left turn into the right lane, or a right turn into the left lane, and then about a quarter block later, change lanes!

WTH???

This always happens to me at a certain intersection. Mind you, I can take the turn in question with a truck and trailer without taking up two lanes.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/29/10 3:45 p.m.
P71 wrote: Suicide lane is the middle lane in a road where cars and enter either direction for the purpose of turning left.

'Round here we just call 'em "left turn lanes".

Some people use them to park in if they don't feel like waiting for a break in traffic in both directions. I make a point of not letting them in.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4i9k3D5kOBauUmszqaEVvHRxF5Mz74Q0eDrBB0UNkPCnRazBnvQsvxOLExosNerN