David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/30/24 11:55 a.m.

I got a note that my phone was full. I back up to the cloud but still got the message.

So, I figured, let me poke around. Maybe there’s something in there that I really don’t need.

I found it: a 54-minute movie featuring the inside of my pocket. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/30/24 1:22 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

That'll do it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/30/24 1:53 p.m.

Bilbo's way is soon obstructed by an icy pool in the path, but before he could collect his wits, he is met by Gollum, a dark creature, living down in the pool, who used his luminous eyes to catch fish, and always talked to himself, calling himself "my precious". He thought Bilbo might make a tasty treat, but he didn't want to attack while Bilbo was carrying a weapon.

To gain time, he challenges Bilbo to a game of riddles, with very dangerous terms: if Gollum asked a riddle Bilbo could not answer, he would have to allow himself to be eaten. However, if Bilbo asked a riddle Gollum could not answer, he promised to show the hobbit the way out. Seeing that he had no choice, Bilbo agrees, and the two exchange several riddles, each getting harder and harder. At last, Bilbo is unable to think of a riddle, though Gollum presses him to ask just one more.

Feeling about his pockets, he finds the ring he had found earlier and had forgotten about, and asks out loud to himself, "What have I got in my pocket?". Gollum is outraged, thinking it is a riddle, so Bilbo chooses it as his last riddle. Gollum guesses wrong three times, and is now forced to show Bilbo the way out.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/30/24 1:58 p.m.

Call it art and premier it at a film festival.  It won't be the worst thing shown.

wae
wae UltimaDork
8/30/24 2:03 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

It would be a movie that made you care about whose pocket it was!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/24 12:50 a.m.
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/24 8:07 a.m.

Isn't it amazing? We live in a time of 2tb micro SD cards and now no phones come with card slots. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/31/24 2:10 p.m.
APEowner said:

Call it art and premier it at a film festival.  It won't be the worst thing shown.

It’s from an up-and-coming French filmmaker. Did you not read all of the rave reviews out of Europe?

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/31/24 2:30 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Just think how much pocket movie you could store

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/31/24 4:55 p.m.

Andy Warhol did 8 hours and 5 minutes of the Empire State Building. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
8/31/24 6:05 p.m.

Now showing, "Escape from David's Pocket" starring Lint Eastwood.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xqUo75c40OPt1mIHhs8Bwu7nKhcZeEgYhHZtayJuq3HLl5G7X1LorKbCcldeY7bL