1 ... 3 4 5 6
RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/15/16 5:29 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: I just hope there's no pokemon on my property. If I wake up to strangers wandering around my yard they are going to E36 M3 themselves laughing at my bed head hair, and I really don't want to have to clean that mess up.

My kids mom plays, I won't download it. I rode with her to the store and made sure there were NONE on my street. I'm sure the housing plan nearby is packed, but at least my house is safe. For now.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
7/15/16 6:07 p.m.
Derick Freese wrote: Yeah, a trick is to power up a Pokémon before evolving it while it is cheaper to power up. That nets you a higher power Pokémon than wild caught evolutions.

Don't forget about the lucky egg before you evolve your Pokemon- extra XP!

No team yellow folks here yet, hmmm...

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
7/15/16 7:10 p.m.

Pretty sure the cost of powering up is the same, evolved or not. The Lucky Egg + Evolving Pidgey/Weedle/Caterpie Trick is really useful for gaining XP.

I'm on yellow.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
7/15/16 8:24 p.m.

Yellow, wife is blue. But we both agree, berk red.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese UltraDork
7/15/16 9:27 p.m.

I've spent way too much on lucky eggs and incubators. We've been sitting at a park where there are 2 Pokéstops within a few feet of each other and throwing out lures. About 10 of us ended up in a cemetery at 2 in the morning. It really is a lot of fun.

bentwrench
bentwrench Dork
7/16/16 9:54 a.m.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/07/fake-pokemon-go-app-on-google-play-infects-phones-with-screenlocker/

Brian
Brian MegaDork
7/20/16 6:39 p.m.

So I jeperdised my marriage last night by defeating my wife in a poke gym. It was 20 hours before she would talk to me.

paranoid_android74
7/20/16 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Brian:

I know quite a few people that play Go, and that also played the games on handhelds.

The basic rule I learned (from experience) was be kind when trading, no quarter when battling.

It's actually more fun that way. But then again, my wife doesn't play

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
7/20/16 10:13 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: You know, if people are having fun, getting outside, and making new friends, how can anyone complain? (Well, I'm sure that someone here will.)

Okay, so here you go. I live in a very rural area. Last Friday night after 11PM there was a group of people walking down the road, dressed in all black, and flipping people off who were questioning what they were doing while telling them they needed to get out of the road. Turns out they were playing this game and being complete shiny happy people while doing it. 'Playing' like this is dangerous. They were questioned and finally went away, but I'm sure they had guns trained on them at some point. It would be great if they stuck to the parks and other public areas, but their is a lot of bad behavior, including scenarios like this and trespassing going on, and people are going to get hurt.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/21/16 7:27 a.m.

I just saw a roadside caution sign trailer proclaiming

"DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE."

"PUT THE POKÉMON AWAY AND LOOK UP."

Must be bad for a somewhat small town to take the time to set that up.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/21/16 7:35 a.m.

Found that Suwanee's town center is loaded with Pokestops, but seriously, putting a Pokemon Gym on the September 11 memorial was a bad call.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/16 9:15 a.m.

Almost every piece of public art is a memorial to something. At least Pokemon is getting people to the memorial.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/16 9:25 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: Found that Suwanee's town center is loaded with Pokestops, but seriously, putting a Pokemon Gym on the September 11 memorial was a bad call.

Would it be more or less bad if Kyurem was there...

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
7/21/16 9:51 a.m.

Bosnia put out a notice that you shouldn't play the Pokemon in the minefields. Guess that is a self-correcting problem

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/21/16 12:08 p.m.

In reply to oldtin:

Sissies

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
7/21/16 1:01 p.m.
Brian wrote: Yellow, wife is blue. But we both agree, berk red.

I'm valor....mainly because I don't vape or eat glue.

In all seriousness though, the teams are typically age dependent at least in my area. Of the fellow Valors I have encountered, the average is around 27-28, mystic is about 22-23, and instinct at around 17. We're a good helpful bunch around here, so long as you don't ask about Zubat. berkeley Zubat.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
7/21/16 1:26 p.m.

Went for a nice long walk with my daughter. Seems to be getting people off the couch.

KatieSuddard
KatieSuddard Intern
7/21/16 1:30 p.m.

I'm team Valor, but that's just cause I like the color red

WOW Really Paul?
7/21/16 4:11 p.m.
KatieSuddard wrote: I'm team Valor, but that's just cause I like the color red

We've said before on here that you were wiser than your years.....welcome to Valor, berkeley zubat!

paranoid_android74
7/21/16 7:15 p.m.
WOW Really Paul? wrote:
Brian wrote: Yellow, wife is blue. But we both agree, berk red.
I'm valor....mainly because I don't vape or eat glue. In all seriousness though, the teams are typically age dependent at least in my area. Of the fellow Valors I have encountered, the average is around 27-28, mystic is about 22-23, and instinct at around 17. We're a good helpful bunch around here, so long as you don't ask about Zubat. berkeley Zubat.

My nine year old son chose team instinct. Yellow is his favorite color.

WOW Really Paul?
7/22/16 9:50 a.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

I make it a priority to tip over Instinct gyms.....typically more so than the mystic ones. People are too lazy to level stuff though, so it makes it easy.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
7/22/16 7:48 p.m.

So, after spending time with some friends who are playing 'Go', I briefly considered a GRM version. Where you wonder around looking to collect abscure and interesting cars... but then I realized that is just Craigslist

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/22/16 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Madhatr:

Collect 50 NA miatas and you can evolve it to an exocet, 100 and you can send the exocet to Keith for an LS swap.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
7/22/16 8:42 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

Bonus points for turbo or anything with rally tires....

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
7/28/16 8:06 p.m.

So my 10 year old son bugged me to get it on my phone so he could play with his brother. I had trouble setting it up with his birthdate. I finally figured it out by putting in my birthdate and my Gmail account. Now it has an avatar and nickname I didn't choose. Also it shows I signed up on 7/8/16 not 7/28/16. The nickname is strange and I didn't choose it. Also it seems I can't change it. What do I do?

Chris

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S4wq4qqAUsPO1dhqxVqaaN0B3SXxYhy2vOaLn1vO2ra2il4GBbtp0sEd951maFBK