1 2
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
1/21/11 4:41 p.m.

We have a team coming from NY and we got to shooting the breeze and the topic came to beer and India Pale Ale came up . I was thinking going with an old stand by of Tsingtao . Can we have a beer summit at the Rolex ? We are making some killer xelor boot leg stixrs for one and all . High Noon Saturday ?

EricM
EricM Dork
1/21/11 4:46 p.m.

I am moving to northern Europe.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones Reader
1/21/11 4:52 p.m.

that's spaten! God bless Germany ( & happy beer drinkers ) :)

kendall

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
1/21/11 7:47 p.m.

I will be there, and I will bring beer. I don't like IPAs though.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/21/11 7:58 p.m.

I have a love of Porters myself, Great Lakes makes a good one, might have to bring some along

Photobucket

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
1/21/11 9:20 p.m.

+1 on the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Good stuff, but rare in Michigan of all places

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
1/21/11 9:41 p.m.

novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
1/21/11 10:23 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I have a love of Porters myself, Great Lakes makes a good one, might have to bring some along Photobucket

why would they name their beer after a ship that disappeared in a bad storm?

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
1/21/11 10:43 p.m.

C'mon guys, it's Rolex. Bring the Dom and CourvoIsier. :D

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
1/22/11 7:36 a.m.

I'll likely bring some beer, but I'll be busy in T&S when you have your party.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
1/22/11 8:02 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: why would they name their beer after a ship that disappeared in a bad storm?

From: http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/uploads/Beer/Profile%20Edmund%20Fitzgerald.pdf
Name Origin: Sure, Gordon Lightfoot hasn’t penned an ode to it (yet), but this porter is song-worthy—much like its legendary namesake ship that frequently docked in Cleveland and tragically sunk in Lake Superior in 1975 with many Northeast Ohioans on board.

Crew list: http://www.ssefo.com/crew/index.html
14 of the 29 where from Ohio

Follow along for origins of other beers from GLBC with names like Burning River, Commodore Perry and Elliot Ness
http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beer/an-exceptional-family-of-beers/year-round

bigbens6
bigbens6 New Reader
1/22/11 5:32 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I will be there, and I will bring beer. I don't like IPAs though.

If you dont like IPA's then I dont like you....

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade HalfDork
1/22/11 5:38 p.m.

Beer. Blech.

Never could stand the taste. Awful.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
1/23/11 4:29 p.m.

me and ol Tom T.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZDhev_F1u4

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/11 10:02 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I have a love of Porters myself, Great Lakes makes a good one, might have to bring some along Photobucket

That is some gooood stuff.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/24/11 11:19 a.m.
bigbens6 wrote:
Maroon92 wrote: I will be there, and I will bring beer. I don't like IPAs though.
If you dont like IPA's then I dont like you....
Ricky Bobby said: If you don't drink IPAs, berkeley you.
Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
1/24/11 4:01 p.m.

I totally understand why people don't like IPA or Russian Imperial Stout. I just pity them.

Belgian Abbey ales are my personal favorite. I'm quite pleased with Grimbergen Double, especially since it costs about the same as a domestic craft brew:

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
1/24/11 6:54 p.m.
Tom Suddard wrote:

gay.

I'm bringing my crown royale black and some dewars 12 for night time festivities. Daytime will mostly consist of natural light since it A) is refreshing B) Cheap c) gets the job done 4) hydrates you whilst also raising your blood alcohol content. I can't do heavy beers and being outside no matter how cold it may be, just doesn't do my stomach any justice for some reason.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
1/24/11 8:03 p.m.

just so you know I can take all the flame you want to send my way........ I DRINK MILLER LITE AND LIKE IT....

92dxman
92dxman HalfDork
1/24/11 11:29 p.m.

Great Lakes pub at Cleveland Hopkins Airport=best part of my recent business trip out there..

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/25/11 12:26 a.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote:
gay.

I think his age keeps him from legally getting beer.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese Dork
1/25/11 1:03 a.m.
neon4891 wrote:
DirtyBird222 wrote:
Tom Suddard wrote:
gay.
I think his age keeps him from legally getting beer.

No, he's showing us how he sneaks vodka into The Magic Kingdom (which is a dry park, in case you've never been there) during Gay Days.

Been there, probably the most fun time to sit and watch people. You have the families with kids and a sea of people that the parents are trying to avoid. So funny.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/25/11 1:16 a.m.
Karl La Follette wrote:

Nothing to add to the thread, but I think this photo bears repeating.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
1/25/11 1:31 a.m.

I just got some "Big Flats" from walgreens because it was $3.00 a six pack. It tastes like... Beer. Honestly not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
1/25/11 7:50 a.m.

Please don't call my kid gay. Unless he gets tangled up with Winona Ryder and ends up whacked in some sort of staged forest crime scene. In that case, just for the record, I love my dead gay son.

Margie

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l0vJ2tnXKRL7by0pklYircTurp2LL7JAclvGKJn7cFomVO9I5zqamIR0nnGBYlr2