1 2
JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
8/16/14 8:16 p.m.

The photos help, I didn't understand what you were going for. You just need some 6" wide Eternabond tape. Done. I just sealed all the seams and cutouts on the roof of my worlds crappiest RV with that stuff last year, it works.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
2/24/15 7:29 a.m.

Canoe bot if ever I saw one.

bikerbenz
bikerbenz Reader
2/24/15 4:18 p.m.

I would want to try this product for that problem caviseal silver

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/6/17 12:00 p.m.

Canoes deleted.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
2/6/17 3:06 p.m.
bikerbenz wrote: I would want to try this product for that problem caviseal silver

I checked and can only find you tube videos of it.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/6/17 4:39 p.m.

ALL roofs have penetrations.

Most commercial roofs are nearly flat. Many of them are metal.

The only difference with an RV is that they are small, so the penetrations are close to each other, so a little harder to work around.

Margie's got this one nailed. The proper flashing for this is a 2 piece mechanical connection (a molded, formed, or welded flange on the top, with a backer underneath to secure the screws and sandwich the roofing material) with putty tape to seal the edge and screw penetrations.

Putty tape is designed to last a long time without drying out, and remain flexible for expansion and corntraction. But eventually, it dries out.

Anything liquid you put on top is just a secondary failure writing to happen on top of a already compromised connection.

Proper dealing requires removing the flange or flashing, cleaning out the failed putty, installing new putty, and replacing the flashing with new over-sized screws.

OR, you could add more goop every year.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/6/17 5:18 p.m.

I should have mentioned that this is a 3 year old thread that was revived by a canoe artist.

RoofCoatings
RoofCoatings New Spammer
1/8/20 4:53 a.m.

One of the best ways to take care of a leaky RV roof is with a product the rv community has relied on... [canoeing revival of this thread every three years]

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
1/8/20 7:22 p.m.

You should probably avoid getting any of the suggested products on your hootus.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/19/20 5:13 a.m.

three spam posts, and you get locked.

1 2

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
SOAhxkhfnBLfMEtAeWUlnSdGQ6eDzWQouLPJ1ojkolFsJ62kSMSPxj2b2oDXXqNz