1 2
OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/22/17 4:45 p.m.

Looks bad

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/22/17 4:47 p.m.

Oh man, hope everyone's safe down that way. Strange weather today.

OHSCrifle
1/22/17 5:57 p.m.

Albany got hit

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/22/17 6:34 p.m.

Rough nite. Rough day too.

3 different times found myself on the floor in the bathroom with my kids.

Third tornado to hit this town in a week and a half. Really big flooding, but all is well. Thanks for your concern.

OHSCrifle
1/22/17 6:42 p.m.

Glad to hear it. Scary E36 M3.

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
1/22/17 6:54 p.m.

Svrex - Stay safe and keep your head down. I have a lot of family in Donalsonville, GA (easternmost town in on 84 GA before hitting Dothan, AL) and they say it's been a rough week down there.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf HalfDork
1/22/17 7:03 p.m.

Holy crap. I've missed the news on the rough weather down that way. Thinking of you all!!!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/22/17 7:11 p.m.

In reply to SVreX:

God be with you and your family.
Your friend, John

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/22/17 7:55 p.m.

Apparently there are neighborhoods that were completely destroyed. I have not seen them yet- I will likely be in the middle of it all tomorrow.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
1/23/17 7:04 a.m.

We're outside Warner Robins, just South of Macon. Spent half of Saturday hiding in the closet but didn't take a direct hit. The walmart 6 miles from my house lost part of the roof. The manufacturing plant where I work is only a block from the store but it came through fine.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/17 7:19 a.m.

We are about 250 miles east of you. We got a lot of rain and some wind.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/23/17 7:28 a.m.

Glad to hear you're OK, didn't hear about this in the news. Still not seeing it in my RSS reader or on CNN's US homepage, in fact.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
1/23/17 7:38 a.m.

I just saw on the news this am that Albany got hit pretty good.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
1/23/17 7:43 a.m.

Definitely good to hear you and yours are ok. We have family down that way that had to take shelter.

GameboyRMH
1/23/17 8:05 a.m.
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/23/17 8:23 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I see news now, and it's real bad: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/23/us/severe-weather/index.html

Yeah, that about covers it.

Except for that stupid video link that has something to do with a bunch of Chinese dancers.

GameboyRMH
1/23/17 8:31 a.m.

It's an unskippable ad, the story video follows. I usually just skip the whole video

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/23/17 8:56 a.m.

Glad to hear you're all right.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/23/17 9:20 a.m.

2 month old baby was found wrapped in a blanket inside a clothes dryer. Her parents both died.

84FSP
84FSP Dork
1/23/17 9:37 a.m.

Oh god that is really awful. Glad you and the family are safe.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/23/17 12:44 p.m.

Glad you are safe, man that is awful.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
1/23/17 12:51 p.m.
SVreX wrote: 2 month old baby was found wrapped in a blanket inside a clothes dryer. Her parents both died.

Horrible, but pretty good thinking on the parents part.

I know they always say to get out of your car, but with seat belts and the ability to move, it seems like it could be a good place to be. As long as it doesn't drop you in the bottom of a lake.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
1/23/17 2:22 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote:
SVreX wrote: 2 month old baby was found wrapped in a blanket inside a clothes dryer. Her parents both died.
Horrible, but pretty good thinking on the parents part. I know they always say to get out of your car, but with seat belts and the ability to move, it seems like it could be a good place to be. As long as it doesn't drop you in the bottom of a lake.

And air bags (usually)!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
1/23/17 2:48 p.m.

We had a storm (im guessing from ga) blow through here last night. The warnings were basically...run. I can't imagine how bad it was for ga.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
1/24/17 9:01 p.m.

The National Weather Service has confirmed 30 different tornadoes in the area Sunday.

It really was a bad day.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xQgQV2jgKFT3qhvm9DZiPp72TDVjRjFEAdZtwWuJstNeCySwUkueP1Z7BSsKxyFp