racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/23/12 12:01 p.m.

"Be interesting to see how Tucker made it happen."

Lots and lots of cubic dollars.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/23/12 12:57 p.m.

Found a reputable quote that Tucker's West reached 183 mph in straight line speed most probably in all out testing trim. The West did 175 through the traps leading into T5 at RA in Q1. The fastest CSR did 162, FA 158.

That's insane man...

berkeleying insane

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
9/23/12 1:19 p.m.
racerfink wrote: "Be interesting to see how Tucker made it happen." Lots and lots of cubic dollars.

Ditto, when people with money speak, it tends to get the rules maker's attention........

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/23/12 2:16 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
racerfink wrote: "Be interesting to see how Tucker made it happen." Lots and lots of cubic dollars.
Ditto, when people with money speak, it tends to get the rules maker's attention........

I can the SCCA allowing 600cc turbo-4's in an attempt to entice FSAE graduates and enthusiasts. Maybe they didn't expect the likes of Tucker, but folks with money usually find ways to spend their way to the top.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/23/12 3:24 p.m.

Ever since the lunch break, I havn't been able to see a thing.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/23/12 3:36 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

GT-3 is on now

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/23/12 3:53 p.m.

I just turned on GT-3, what the hell happened? Cyphert and Warkocki were 12 laps behind. Those are my guys and I'm mad to see that something happened.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
9/23/12 4:03 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

Cyphert was a DNS with a broken car. Warkocki broke something early on track.

The F500 noise-makers are next. Are the 600 m/c conversions legal this year?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
9/23/12 4:40 p.m.

Crap

imarcr2
imarcr2 New Reader
9/23/12 4:45 p.m.

Regarding Tucker's DSR effort. I was on the grid just before the start and his car was on quick jacks with his tires sitting with tire warmers in the back of a pickup truck. With 5 minutes to go, an army of crewmen jumped into action, took the warmers off, put them on the car, attached the wheels with cordless impacts and lowered the car down. Club racing.....not so much. Tucker's team is called Level 5. A crewmember from the P2 car said his team should be called Level 0! They have a speed trap display on the Turn 5 leaderboard and Tucker was regularly showing 15+mph over the second place car

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/23/12 5:03 p.m.

46sec margin of victory. Somebody needs to sign this Mueller kid!

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/23/12 8:49 p.m.
imarcr2 wrote: Regarding Tucker's DSR effort. I was on the grid just before the start and his car was on quick jacks with his tires sitting with tire warmers in the back of a pickup truck. With 5 minutes to go, an army of crewmen jumped into action, took the warmers off, put them on the car, attached the wheels with cordless impacts and lowered the car down. Club racing.....not so much. Tucker's team is called Level 5. A crewmember from the P2 car said his team should be called Level 0! They have a speed trap display on the Turn 5 leaderboard and Tucker was regularly showing 15+mph over the second place car

I saw the tire warmer squad on the live feed and wondered wtf... this is club racing?... not that there is anything that says ya can't... but hey. I used to follow the amateur class built religiously... even into the Stohr- bought era but this sets the bar far and far above the means of the SCCA amateur race team. Granted, Tucker is a businessman and wants to sell cars/ engines... and he made his point profound.

hmmm... I'll stop now, maybe this topic needs to have it's own thread

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rzBtrRanNpgckK500AzRllkg4tKo72xFbOzk6PHWwqx5wmgkCdph2FBtqc5T3FjY